Hello Gophers - Play2Earn Risk Protocol Game

Hello Gophers - Play2Earn Risk Protocol Game

Hello Gophers is a Play2Earn Metaverse Risk Protocol Game that rewards players based on random odds. A game where you can stake your NFT to earn daily yield rewards or steal another player’s NFT and impose a tax on their rewards based on the rarity of your NFT. Each decision made by players will carry a certain risk and reward. Players will be able to decide if they want to take the chance to win it all or risk losing everything.

Hello Gophers is a collection of 10,000 Gen 0 and unlimited number of Gen 1 Hello Gophers NFT generated on the Harmony ONE blockchain. Each NFT will be randomly generated from a smart contract with a variety of unique traits.

Summary of Gameplay Mechanics

Begin your adventure with a gopher by minting a Hello Gophers NFT! Users can mint a random gopher character in the form of an NFT. Obtaining a a royal gopher is more difficult as they are more rare and they provide more perks such as stealing newly-minted gophers.

You can stake your peasant gophers to earn $SHARD tokens as rewards and anytime when you claim rewards, you will have to pay a certain amount of tax based on each staking pool. This will be your payment to the royal kingdom. When you unstake your NFT, there is a chance that you will either receive all your rewards or risk getting your rewards stolen by the greedy Royals. When you stake your Royal Gophers NFT, you will be able to earn the tax that is paid by the peasants to the royal kingdom.

Hello Gophers NFTs will be listed and traded through a secondary market - NFTkey. We have already contacted them and will list our NFTs on the platform after launch. A more detailed explanation on our gameplay can be found in our whitepaper.

Project Status

At this moment, our project is roughly 2 weeks old. In this short span of time, we have managed to acquire 4000 members in our Discord server through various marketing campaigns. In the development side, our project is near completion. We would just need to get our smart contracts audited before launch. We have a demo that is currently functioning and we are happy to provide the link.

Currently, we have completed private testing our gameplay (NFT staking, stealing mechanism, etc) on the Harmony Testnet. Our project is in its final stages, we are now finalizing the variations for the NFTs artwork and we also wish to get our project audited before launching it. Our project is tentatively scheduled to launch in February depending on how quickly we can get audited. The proceeds from the sales of our NFTs will be used to add liquidity to our game token - $SHARD, which will launched on DeFi Kingdom’s Dex.

From there, we will be working towards developing our interactive Land Gameplay where players can use their gophers to farm for resources, rent out land to other gophers and conquer lands with other players.

Proposal Ask

The Hello Gophers team is seeking $50,000 in funding. We would use the funds for the following activities:

• Smart Contract audit by Solidity Finance to ensure accuracy with our staking and stealing mechanisms
  • Hiring game developers, 3D animator/artist for our next phase - Land Gameplay
  • Salaries for our current team
  • Expanding our Marketing plan by adding content creators and marketing experts

Team

Our main team consists of:

• Project Lead/Backend Dev - Professor Degen
  • Marketing - Dipbuyer
  • Community Manager - JY
  • Backend Dev - CryptoTing & CryptoNaga
  • Frontend Dev - CC & Kelvin

If required, we are willing to provide our Github and credentials under an NDA.

External links

16 Likes

i have been part of community form 900+ members looks promising

A very interesting concept, a great community in building, and the team has been very helpful so far!

And the NFTs rock

Joined the Discord off of a random link on Twitter. Devoured the webpage and whitepaper, am currently one of two moderators on the discord. The roadmap is well thought out, and the specifics of the risk mechanics combine for a good risk v reward.
Also, Gen 0 NFTs, which can be game breaking in some other R2E games, isn’t the case here. While Gen 0 gophers will have elevated benefits compared to future generations, it is not game warping.

Super excited to see this project grow and have a successful launch and continued development.

-Mr. Elfman

2 Likes

wow, nice idea! first RtoE game on harmony would be greeat! looking forward to the team

The game has potential with great gameplay! I’m on their discord and can’t wait for it to be released.

This game will be a groundbreaker on Harmony blockchain.

Seems like a nice addition to harmony’s ecosystem

I agree the the comments here, looks promising, especially on Harmony network! Just missing security that an audit would solve in a clear manner, so I’m definitely backing this proposal.

They’re getting it audited before launching though.

dam this is good. DFK, Mar and this all gives me similar vibe

1 Like

Came here by way of Twitter/Discord. Obviously there are a ton of games popping up in the defi world, but I’ll just mention why I grew excited about this project:

1. The community on Discord was very welcoming when I first joined. I think the roadmap and other docs have elements which have attracted good, quality people. This includes a fair launch, on a great chain, with a focus on quality execution (including an audit) instead of rushing the project out the door.
  2. The art is awesome! It’s easy to foresee these little gophers being popular, even the beggars lol
  3. There’s a nice balance of easy-to-learn gameplay/cute gophers (as mentioned), vs. the complexity of risk/reward calculations. This shows me that the game is being planned carefully.
  4. Dev team’s willingness and emphasis on working with the community. Though the project is still early, we’ve already had AMA’s and responsiveness in chats. And the quality of responses make it clear that the devs genuinely want this game to succeed and be enjoyed- this a theme everywhere you look, with respect to this game.

More than 100 members join daily, and this community is growing fast.
The game looks solid so far, can’t wait for it to be released.

I already have a lot of experience in R2E and I can tell you that this project is qualitative !

Let’s make Harmony ONE the gamefi blockchain :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for applying for Harmony’s Launch grant. Glad to see you are building on Harmony with this great community.

Before we move further, I’d like to know if you have a product prototype already and can deploy on our testnet?

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Thank you,
HU

3 Likes

Hi there!

Thank you for getting back to us.

Yes, we have already deployed it on the testnet and the demo is ready for internal testing. We are happy to send you the link if needed.

2 Likes

Interesting proposal!

Love the arts ! Definitely hope this project can kicks off

Yes, please. Would love to check the feature complete demo and evaluate prior to making a decision. Thanks very much :+1: