HIP-22: Show "All Eligible" by default on the staking portal

Great proposal I strongly support this. I would love to see both (elected & unelected) validators by default and remove the filter for keeping the staking dashboard as light as possible.

2 Likes

This is a good start. I see a lot more great ideas here.

Solana’s staking dashboard has a nice way of collapsing the first 1/3 delegated validators to help feature the ones outside of that concentration, with a strong message to educate folks to decentralize further and vote with their wallet delegations. A nice way of highlighting others to help with decentralization.

4 Likes

HIP issue opened in harmony Github

3 Likes

has this been voted for on snapshot?

Hey @TrickLuhDaKidz !

Yes, it was voted a while back:

https://gov.harmony.one/#/staking-mainnet/proposal/QmeBUd71Tmf8JdwEMUJiEh65sFWn4WFXNZ5BGK6pmswY3b

I had looked in the VDAO snapshot only. Thanks

1 Like

In favor, bumping again. If we want more validators, make them more easily accessible!

2 Likes

I like the idea and would vote for it. But unfortunately, it’s just noise around the real issue of centralization that’s preventing more validators from joining.

For example, there’s an election happening in 15 minutes.

Slots 799-900 are occupied by nine validators

Yet if you’re between 1 and 2 keys, it’s “looked down upon” to take 2 slots in the 890-900 range. So the single key validators with good intentions bid into slot ~205 while people with 10-20+ keys chill in the 800 slots.

Put another way…

A 12 million $USD validator goes for their 24th key by choosing to chill in the ~850s
A 0.75 million $USD validator goes for a 2nd key in the 890-900 range.

The latter must choose to only use 1 key and bid into the 200s, or be accused of “bottom feeding.”

Am I the only one who sees humour in this?

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. Except it’s not funny

Part of it is the auto bidder. The rest is greed

It’s unfortunate that the Harmony devs created this dynamic in the first place, and even more unfortunate that nothing(?) has been done to fix it

2 Likes

These validators really shouldn’t be at the bottom of the list. They are not the only validators to do this, to be clear. Many of the medium sized validators routinely do this

2 Likes

These types of issues could easily be resolved by using this approach:

1 Like

Yup, I also mentioned this a few times in the past… Discussion: reducing BLS keys - #4 by Maffaz

We’re seeing the same handful of validators over and over