HIP-22: Show "All Eligible" by default on the staking portal

So Inactive are all Not Eligible and some other like Kevin’s first Node the ANKR Nodes you want the get inactive by a specification?

I personaly would rather see to get by some day some how those 10k inactive elected and thrown out which already happend previously with some.

You can always access every Validator even he is no more shown on dashbaord by staking.harmony.one/validators/mainnet/(ONE_ADDRESS) and also if you have delegated to an inactive he will still shown in your dashboard. But may we should change there the tag from not elected to not eligible?

For example here Wetez could be shown up as not eligible

4 Likes

Ok, if the inactive validators are still showing on your portfolio then I am ok to remove them from the staking portal, I guess (and hope) the delegator will find them.
I also agree to change the “Not Elected” to something more clear like “Inactive”, that will make more sense.

2 Likes

inactive validator are not “eligible”, those are the ones that has their validator status set as inactive. Let’s not show them, if not the dashboard will be messy

8 Likes

I meant to show them as “Inactive” in your portfolio, instead of “Not elected”. We cannot remove entirely the inactive validators, you still need access to them to redelegate.

In the list of validators, it’s ok to remove them.

3 Likes

As mentioned by @ValidatorONE , I agree with this proposal as long as delegators get a disclaimer informing them that they’re about to delegate with an unelected validator (and its implications).

5 Likes

Currently there is no disclaimer when you are delegating to an unelected validator.
I will be more in favor of an explanation page with details about what means elected, unelected, etc., than displaying a disclaimer each time you click on the delegate button for these validators.

3 Likes

I think @Soph means to remove them from the list but they would be in your portfolio for removal.

3 Likes

I can’t emphasize enough how good this proposal is. I agree 100% and look forward to voting a yes on this on the mainnet.

5 Likes

I would rather love to see a Disclaimer when delegate to a long time not eligible Validator, special since those with over 100k delegation are still shown up under validator on staking dashboard

3 Likes

I would like to start a conversation about helping out the small validators by cycling through the validators in a round robin fashion. The thought here is to ensure that each validator taking the time to setup as a validator and the delegates supporting them are not left out of rewards. I also think certain criteria should be in place like establishment of at least x EPOCHS and having an availability above 9y%. Fill in a number for X and Y that is acceptable to all. This ensures that everyone who wants to be a validator is given the opportunity to do so. Larger validators that are applying for numerous spots should be round robin for the first few iterations as well. This distributes the power more equally and gives anyone a chance to participate as a validator who is willing to fork out 10k in ONE to do so. Also gives more of a distributed vote and we move closer to a more decentralized network. Which is the goal and should be the end state of all of this. IMHO. Thanks for listening.

2 Likes

As you said on this proposal, the current default option is “Elected”, so people that get to unelected validators usually know what they’re doing. If elected and unelected validators are mixed up, then I think it’s only fair for delegators to have more info. I agree that a reference’s page would be great, but delegators will probably end up reading it only after they notice that they haven’t earned any rewards, unless there’s some sort of disclaimer or prompt when they’re delegating.

That’s alright with me, but not eligible validators (inactive flag) should rather be removed from the “All” list, right?

By the way, when I say “disclaimer”, there are some boisterous ways of doing it and some low key ways. One way would be to add a tooltip to the validator’s status when you hover over it, like this:

Screenshot from 2021-11-30 16-58-58
Screenshot from 2021-11-30 16-58-36

6 Likes

Changed to HIP-22 as we already have a HIP-21!!

2 Likes

This proposal is great! It is also a mechanism for ensuring validators are flagged active and able to be elected.

3 Likes

Im ok with showing “All” by default

But I think there should be an info bubble to explain elected vs unelected. Information is important. And I also think the info bubble should mention whether a validator is improving decentralization (active validators with 1 key or less)

Elected: “This validator is currently elected and eligible to earn rewards. However, delegating with this validator may not improve protocol decentralization”

Unelected: “This validator is currently unelected and not eligible to earn rewards. However, delegating with this validator may improve protocol decentralization”

Elected with 1 key: “This validator is currently elected and eligible to earn rewards. Delegating with this validator may improve protocol decentralization”

Something like that

6 Likes

This got my “Yes” vote :blue_heart: This is a great idea keep em coming everyONE :+1:

2 Likes

The tooltip looks good to me, I will add it in the final proposal, thank you.

Elected : Elected Validators can generate rewards,.
Not Elected : Unelected validators don’t generate rewards, but delegating with this validator may improve the protocol decentralization.

4 Likes

There is a possibility (low probability but it happens) that elected validators do not generate rewards when an elected validator’s node does not sign.

2 Likes

Good point, I changed it to “can generate”

2 Likes

I like the proposal and would vote yes.

3 Likes

Great proposal which I support. I was listening community DOA on Twitter space yesterday and from my understanding Blitz is only mobile wallet where u can stake with unelected validator.

Would be awesome for more mobile wallet to get on board with this feature. Where delegators are able to get more support unelected. Also majority the people stake on mobile.

2 Likes