Holistic approach that leverages the blockchain for regenerative agriculture and climate-smart natural capital asset management

Name of Project

Agriland

Proposal overview

Agriland.io is a holistic approach that leverages the blockchain for regenerative agriculture and climate-smart natural capital asset management.

In summary, Agriland is an answer to the question of: « how to feed 9.8 billion people in 2050 without destroying the soil, forests, water resources, or the climate?

Agriland.game as a complement to agriland,io aims to be a free-to-play, play-to-earn NFT social game with fight-for-climate elements in an appealing fantasy metaverse of smallholder farmers.

Our full business model will consist of leveraging the blockchain to bundle everything climate-smart smallholder farmers need and providing corporates and investors with traceable and transparent supply and access to commodities.

How will this impact the Ecosystem ?

On both sides of the market, Agriland is targetting a huge user base :

on the production side, smallholder farmers are the most prevalent form of agriculture in the world, and together with all the actors operating within the agricultural sector, that represent a total addressable segment of more than 500 million people.

on the market side, companies with net-zero commitment and crypto-investors willing to be exposed to real-world assets also represent a very huge community.

Additionally, game is one of the most effective ways to reach the community. By developing a quality game, Agriland,game aims to reach more people.

Building both Agriland,io and Agriland,game on Harmony will help the ecosystem to expand and attract millions of users.

Goals:

Through our products and services, we aim to bridge the gap between the real world and the digital world as well as Defi, Agritech, and Cleantech with the ultimate goals of :

Financial inclusion

Food security and sovereignty

Economic growth and security

Carbon drawdown and footprint capture.

Outcomes:

Our product and services will be at the intersection of decentralized finance, reforestation, agroforestry, and regenerative agriculture with the objective to build an integrated end-to-end ecosystem generating revenue from commodities ranging from cocoa, coffee, fungible and NFT carbon credit offset, blockchain-enabled supply chain as-a-service to decentralized microfinance and insurances.

Go-to-market and client acquisition plan

In summary, through our business model, we will connect carbon investors and corporates with a net-zero commitment to smallholder farmers toward regenerative practices. Thanks to the power of our value proposition, we have enough smallholder farmers ready to implement our regen farming program with more than 400 hectares of farmland (988,422 acres) already in the portfolio. We will initially concentrate our efforts on the development of the structured smart lending contract that we will be promoted by :

• Direct sale by contacting comparate willing to offset their carbon credit offset
  • Social channels
  • Referrals
  • Content marketing
  • Influencers
  • DAO community-driven sales

Where we stand and our needs

We have a fully operational business team and a clear go-to-market plan together with more than 1000 farmers ready to get into our program. We are just looking for a tech team and funding to develop and deploy our solutions

Is it live on Harmony and/or another chain?

NO

Proposal ask

$200k

$15K to create and launch a test version on our testnet

$15K after deployment of a decentralized microfinance smart contract

$15K after connecting and testing Verra and Goldstandard integration

$15K after launching on our mainnet with audit

$65K NFT carbon credit offset smart contract

$15K after funding the first 50 decentralized microloans

$15K after NFT natural asset tokenization smart contract

$15K after the collateral smart contract pooling NFT grouped per category as a back-up for fungible token issuance

Metrics for success

Milestones Number of Users
1 Tech team creation and product manager
2 Decentralized structured micro-lending smart-contract architecture, user flow, and core feature review and validation. Landing Page, prototyping, and community building
2 Verra and Goldstandard registration and Regen farming partners agreement
3 NFT carbon credit offset smart contract
4 First decentralized structured microloans
4 NFT natural asset tokenization smart contract
5 Collateral smart contract pooling NFT grouped per category as a backup for fungible token issuance
6 Issuance of :

interest-bearing fungible token as well as;

fungible carbon credit offset token|
|7|Exchange integration|
|8|DAO - Community-driven ecosystem and governance architecture design|
|9|DAO development|
|10|Marketplace and Supply chain as-a-service development features|
|11|Agriland.game core components and architecture of the game validation|
|12|Agriland.game development kickstart|

Through Agriland,io marketplace, microloan and carbon credit offset token, we expect to reach between 1000’000 users and transactions by end of 2023. Through agriland,game, we expect between 100k -500k monthly users that will generate a lot of NFT transaction validations and income for the network.

External link

Teaser

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and assigned to @jbeltran on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

Due to the new user rule limitation, we could not insert more than one illustration. Find below a snapshot

of our solution

Hello and thank you for the proposal.

Can I ask you for Linkedin contacts, please?
Regarding the Go-to market, have you got any advance on it?
Do you have the development-ready?

Thank you for sharing this info.

Best,
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply: here is my Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mouanfon/

Do you need other team member’s LinkedIn profile ?

We have got some new farmers willing to join our regenerative farming program and we can reasonably forecast a minimum of 20’000 hectares for the first year (5000-1000 smallholder farmers). With alley cropping and 1 and 5 tonnes of carbon per hectare per year into the ground, ( a further 30% of carbon being stored in the trees themselves) we expect to sequester 20’000-100’000 metric tons of carbon the first year while producing foods.

The objective of this grant request is to help with tech team formation for the development of our product.

Regards

1 Like

I think the community needs to see some kind of prototype first. You’re asking for a lot for what currently amounts to just an idea.

2 Likes

Hi
Thank you for your comment. Our initiative objective is to unify the digital world and the real world. As a non-tech team, activities on the real-world side are already being continuously set up and we want now to build the tools that will help to unlock Defi liquidity to finance operations: ** this is not just an idea**.
we apply to the launch program because we read

> “Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruitment”

what should we do next?

You said you are a non-tech team. Then why should we invest in a project that is literally a tech project?

Because Agriland will be developing and deploying decentralized applications, tools, and features that will contribute to scaling the Harmony network in terms of new users and transaction validation revenu.

You really need to build a prototype first.

Can I upload the design of our prototype here? Is it what you mean?

I’m all for promoting regenerative agriculture (as opposed to sustainable agriculture which falls short of what’s required today given the times) because of its value-added approach to farming that promote biodiversity, permaculture, etc. However, I see a lot more talk about carbon credits than I do regarding regenerative farming. Tying into this, you want $65K for writing a smart contract, and one related to carbon credits?

Regarding the microloans, what are the terms of repayment by the recipients of the loans? I.e. how will to see capital inflows from the microloans?

Natural asset tokenization is a great idea and something our project Cosmic Universe will be doing as well. My question is can you provide some more specifics as to what exactly you want to tokenize and how will to ensure those natural assets are best protected (i.e. kept alive)

“we have enough smallholder farmers ready to implement our regen farming program with more than 400 hectares of farmland (988,422 acres) already in the portfolio”

Can you provide a list of those farmers in the program you say you have?

2 Likes

« « I’m all for promoting regenerative agriculture (as opposed to sustainable agriculture which falls short of what’s required today given the times) because of its value-added approach to farming that promote biodiversity, permaculture, etc. However, I see a lot more talk about carbon credits than I do regarding regenerative farming. Tying into this, you want $65K for writing a smart contract, and one related to carbon credits? » »
« « Regarding the microloans, what are the terms of repayment by the recipients of the loans? I.e. how will to see capital inflows from the microloans? » »

ANS:

Not only for all carbon-related smart contracts - let’s get into a bit more details. We currently have more than 400 Hectares (already partially purchased with all documentation and GPS coordinates). Once natural assets will be tokenized, they will be leased to climate-smart farmers for regenerative agriculture and agroforestry. Tokenizing ownership of that natural asset to finance regenerative agriculture and agroforestry is not only a matter of technology but also of how to ensure through a trusted and secured structure that digital holding a piece of land in a far tropical country will generate the promised revenue and they will be passed. Soil, agroforestry, and foresty carbon is a wide program involving verra.org and goldstandard.org registry and many smart contracts. In summary, I think I will break down that milestone into many small sub-milestones and explain in detail.
Concerning decentralized microfinance, they will in practice work like traditional microfinance with some exceptions linked to the structure of funding and repayment. As mentioned above they will be « structured decentralized microfinance with embedded carbon credit offset program ». This constitutes our core business and we will deploy many smart contracts. Here are some very simple examples of them for your perusal. Keep in mind, that smallholder climate farmers are grouped in cooperatives and that the mobile banking coverage is more than 100%.
simplified view of some of our smart contract design

""Natural asset tokenization is a great idea and something our project Cosmic Universe will be doing as well. My question is can you provide some more specifics as to what exactly you want to tokenize and how will to ensure those natural assets are best protected (i.e. kept alive)

“we have enough smallholder farmers ready to implement our regen farming program with more than 400 hectares of farmland (988,422 acres) already in the portfolio”""

Can you provide a list of those farmers in the program you say you have?""

ANS
One of our key value propositions is nature restoration and regeneration with those who can ensure continuity and long-term follow-up: local smallholder farmers and the community. Most of the time, for example, people do not realize for example that : planting trees without a long plan is like making babies without guaranteeing their livelihood and education.

Actually, there are many thousand of farmers we can levera and we are obliged to stop enrolling and concentrate on building the technology or an operational workaround.

It will not make sense to copy the names here. I do not know how this works on Harmony…but I can organize video calls will let’s say 50-100 of them.

It may be the case we do not clearly understand how it works on Harmony for the grant. Could you please provide us with more updates?

Here is an example of farmland tokenization
Farmland

Is this your platform? https://cosmicuniverse.one?

As you can see on our description and for the future we will like to develop Agriland.game as a complement to agriland,io: to be a free-to-play, play-to-earn NFT social game with fight-for-climate elements in an appealing fantasy metaverse of smallholder farmers.
Thats also why we have farmland acquisition program…but that’s the future

Soil and agroforestry carbon offset and independent certification snapshot

Hi All,
we have been told to put here the natural assets we already(partially) secured for regenerative agriculture and agroforestry.

When our tool will be built and the legal set-up in place, that will also constitute the first asset we will transfer ownership to crypto and carbon investors through tokenization
All the GPS coordinates are on the pics for those with easy access to satellite images.

1 Like

Any update on this grant application ? what is the next step?

Hey, this came out recently and you’ll likely hear it from your rep:

Since we last talked, there have been some updates on our end that I would like to share with you. The text below is a copy/paste, but I am sending it with the same TLC that I would send any personalized message with. I care about your game and simply want to see you succeed.

As you may be aware, all funding for grants and investments are on hold. I would like to invite you to join our discussion here so that you can be fully informed and stay in the loop as things unfold.

That said, I want to encourage you to continue building. Our goal is clear: to make Harmony the leader in gaming and to make it as easy as possible for you to build, launch, and find success with your game. Most importantly, we care about the relationship we can build together. Please reach out to me on Telegram so we can make this happen. As you build, you still have access to our team for technical support. As you launch on mainnet and gain user traction, there are many ways a partnership with Harmony can lead to great things - even without funding.

Today, we released this video to highlight the many features that makes Harmony a great place for web3 gaming:

Introducing: Harmony’s Game Shard - The Perfect Home For Web3 Games

Thank you for considering Harmony as the home for your game launch. I look forward to cheering you on and am here to assist you in any way I can.