Instamint: B2B NFTs API

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Instamint.com

Application type

[Bounty, Ports, DAO Formation, Partnership, Product Launch, Investment]

Proposal overview

Instamint is for B2B NFTs what Stripe is for payments and web2 bridge into web3 via APIs for enterprises and platforms. In 10 years time all B2B commerce will occur via NFTs and Instamint will the APIs used by enterprises to mint, manage, transfer, fractionalize, stake and pay royalties on sophisticated NFT structures across a range of asset classes like munis, credit default swap, images, videos, badges, real estate leases, DAOs, etc. We are post-MVP stage and have minted for a small client Christmas even with a growing pipeline. Our API suite consists of 3 sets: 1. Meta - which is to mint and manage NFTs on any chain, 2. Disburse - Sophisticated royalties and auction management and 3. Yield - NFT lending and collateral. All 3 are web2 APIs that make it easy to build new apps or integrate existing enterprise world into web3.

Team

Jamiel Sheikh github dot com/jamiels | linkedin dot com/in/jamiel | https://jamiel.io
5 developers

Proposal ask

$75k

Justification

1. Understand and build internal competency around FlyClient, Bridge and Harmony,
  2. Flesh out use of Harmony in cross-chain interop i.e. BSC fo r NFTs,
  3. Update Instamint API to provide option of minting NFTs on Harmony
  4. Port, where necessary, various asset classes archectypes to be compatible with Harmony and supported cross-chains
  5. Update B2B dashboard to track assets minted on Harmony via Instamint
  6. Bring on board at least one customer that uses Instamint to manage NFTs on Harmony / FlyClient

Metrics for success

1. The number of B2B clients we onboard and retain, which informs our market relevance
  2. The number of end customer users / accounts for that B2B client (i.e. 1 B2B client = 10,000 wallets), which informs our stickiness
  3. Total aggregate dollar transaction value, which informs our revenue

External links

Pitch Deck: Dropbox - InstamintPitchDeck.pdf - Simplify your life

1 Like

@jamielsheikh Hope you’re doing well. Few questions:

1. Do you have any current B2B clients onboard and committed to use Instamint?
  2. Can you tell me at what stage is the project in its’ development? Is Instamint currently running on other chains? Do you have demo or prototype you can display? There’s a couple of links on the site for an MVP but it’s behind credentials.
  3. If you’re on multiple chains, how do you make the decision on which chain to mint the NFTs?

Thanks!

1. We delivered to one client on Christmas eve and are in discussions with a major telecom for a PoC. We have a few other entities in the pipeline. I am growing out my sales team and setting up development shop in Vietnam so that we can scale up product development. We have tapered our marketing because the inbound of customers can be so high we may not be able to sustain it, we are just biting what we can chew.

2. Currently Instamint is running on Ethereum. We are in production with a limited set of features - you can mint on ERC721 and ERC1155. We are adding other features in the coming months, a library of asset type templates you can use via API (i.e. municipal bond, badge, etc.). I can email you the credentials to the web apps. The first is a showcase app and the 2nd is an admin console, both are MVP

3. It really is up to the customer, we express to them the value proposition of each chain. If there is a large enterprise and we feel like it is almost indifferent what choice they make, we can rope you in to that discussion. Our goal is to make implementation of NFT minting near instant for enterprises, and provide enterprise-grade SLAs.

I can give you a demo of what we are doing so that you can have a better understanding why Instamint will be a significant component in the web2 transition to web3.

1 Like

Also, apologies for the delay in my response, I had a COVID death in my family and was traveling at the same time.

Hey @jamielsheikh - I’m very sorry for the loss of a loved one and hope you and your family are doing as well as possible considering the circumstances. Please stay safe and healthy.

To the topic of this proposal, I would love to sit for a demo of Instamint. What time zone are you in? We’re primarily on PST but can be flexible to an extent. Can we aim for this Friday?

I’m in NYC (EST). Happy to do Friday, anytime between 4.30PM EST - 6:30PM works for me or after 2PM on Monday, if Fri doesn’t work

Sounds good - let’s do tomorrow (Friday) at 5PM EST (2PM PST) for a run through of your demo. I’ll likely invite a colleague who is also on the grants team to join us on the demonstration. Can you PM me your e-mail address so I can forward the invitation?

1 Like

jamiel at instamint dot com

Hi Daniel, didnt get an invite yet, is it forthcoming? Thanks kindly and see you at 5pm EST

Apologies Jamiel. I’ll send one right now for 5PM EST / 2PM PST in case you are available for a same, day call. If not, feel free to propose a new time in the invitation. Thanks!

Today is congested, can do tomorrow 3PM EST - 5.30pm (hard stop at 5.30pm), Wednesday after 4PM - 7PM EST, let me know what works for you

Sounds good. Tomorrow it is at 3PM EST.

Hi Daniel, can we push further 15 minutes to 3.15PM? I have to move between locations and want to make sure I can make it. Happy to go to 5PM.

1 Like

@jamielsheikh happy to see you progressing with your incredible idea. I am an supporter!

1 Like

@jamielsheikh very kindly showed me the demo for instamint, it was very cool and would be an excellent bridge for many applications to use NFT tech. Also trademarking Meta was a clever move, man! :+1:

@jamielsheikh - Touching base and following up. As discussed, we would like to proceed forward with this as a bounty. Please submit as a bounty so we can move forward.

It was a pleasure to meet with you in person at ETH Denver!