Thanks @frwrdslosh for the feedback on this. And I would say this it’s a timely moment for Harmony since the potential here in East Africa is quite immense. From an application basis all the way to ready to learn talent.
Moving on to the proposal, we have updated accordingly and below are the changes:
Harmony on Wheels (Community Creation)
This one will be one of the key mandates of the DAO: the mandate will create sensitization and awareness to the Kenyan Community at large. To keep the momentum up, a series of 3 campus events will be organized in the first 3 months. One to establish a community at 3 Universities, two in Nairobi and One community in Mombasa. To complement the campus wheel events, another set of activities of Harmony on wheels will be organized targeting young professionals and tech startup founders. The Harmony wheel’s theme will be a blend of four types of events
● Web 3 speed dates: This will be for bridging the gap between Blockchain Dev’s and Web2 Dev’s. This will catalyze the growth of the skill set and projects built on Web 3.
● Project pitching and DAO Launches: to make effective and have a monitoring measure, the DAO will be organizing presentation days. This will be a packed event full of presentations of the projects and DAO’s that have a potential to unlock funds.
● Gender Meetups: To encourage more women to build and learn about WEB3, the DAO will have 2 dedicated events that will seek to get women in the WEB3 community. The event will be designed to have women expatriates talk about their journey and experience on WEB3. This type of event will see the combined effort of other DAO’s such as the Kenya Gender DAO.
Developer Trainings and Policy Lobbying (Bridging the gap of WEB2 TO WEB3)
To culminate our meetups and community creation, the DAO will work with both international Blockchain/Web3 Trainers and facilitators to train the community on WEB3. To make it worthwhile, each participant will be awarded a certificate that will be signed by HARMONY top members and executives. The DAO aims to train more than 200 community members on a hybrid setting, that’s virtual and physical.
To be in sync with Government regulation and policies, the DAO will be working closely with the Blockchain Association of Kenya. In doing so, the DAO will introduce Harmony and the opportunities that come with Harmony.
Translate Harmony Website to Swahili (Bringing Harmony Closer Home)
Kenya has a population of 50 million people and more than 70% of the population access the internet, in order to bring Harmony closer home. The Kenya Harmony DAO will be translating the Harmony website, to a lite version of Swahili. Once translated, the website will and can be accessed to more than 300 million Kiswahili speakers in East Africa. The website will continuously be updated with the latest on Harmony ONE. The update will also focus on the events and developments happening in the continent.
- Coffee Master (G.M) : Cocoa Master will be the lead Governor for the Kenya Harmony DAO. Coffee Master leads an agtech startup that leverages Smart Contracts on peer to peer farm leasing of farmers in Africa. as well as providing a farmers wallet for credit access and payments processing. Coffee Master has spearheaded the Growth of the company to more than 10,000 farmers on the platform. Moreover, Cocoa holds more than nine years of experience, both from the corporate world and the Startup world. Besides that, Cocoa Master has previously worked with the leading Telecommunication company in East and Central Africa.
- YVONNE - GOV : Experienced Community Coordinator with a demonstrated history of working in the blockchain and financial services industry. Skilled in Statistical Data Analysis, Computer Literacy, Mathematics, and Networking. Strong community and social services professional with a Bachelor of Business Science focused in Financial Economics from Strathmore University.
- Kelvin Kihara : Kevin is currently pursuing a computer science degree in the internationally recognized Kenyatta University. Besides that, Kevin has developed and has been part of many emerging technologies projects and programs ranging from Facebook, Huawei, Google and many others. Kevin has also participated in international hackathons challenges where he has emerged at the top. Kevin has a wide skill set in typescript, Flutter,dart,SQL,PHP,NodeJs. Moreover, Kelvin is innovative with a vibrant personality.
- Gladys Waceke
Gladys is a holder of a Bachelor of Business in Information Technology from Kenya Methodist University. She also has a Higher Diploma in Information Technology from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology and a Certificate in Computer Programming from Strathmore University. Gladys has vast experience in Telcos and has been part of many product and company launches in the region.
- Caleb Njoroge:
Caleb is a holder of a Master Degrees in Informatics from The University of Manchester, in addition Caleb is a holder of Bachelor of Business in Information Technology from Kenya Methodist University. Caleb has vast experience globally having worked with UNDP and Cord Aid as the Technical Support Consultant. Caleb, has previously held the position of Tech Exchange Consultant at The Nexus Fund.
Caleb Njoroge - Programs Manager - Build Up ^ | LinkedIn
- FATMA ABDUL - GOV ;Fatma is a Senior Developer and a Blockchain enthusiast. She has previously led development and deployment of projects. Some leveraging on Blockchain. Besides that, Fatma is a great asset when it comes to translation of the Harmony site to Swahili.
- PASCAL: is a Computer Science B.Sc graduate from leading Kenyatta University, Pascal has an extensive set of programming and software engineering experiences. He has previously created Information management systems for various businesses using the C# programming language, designed and developed E-Commerce websites
- Ep2338: Is a holder of a Ph.D. and Master of International Affairs. He is an international development expert with +10 years of experience in Africa working on projects financed by USAID, USIP, etc. and has worked in the Sahel for numerous years. He has actively collaborated with other organizations in the past, such as the Ethereum Foundation and Polygon, reviewing the African crypto landscape, mentoring local start-ups and supporting them in grant applications. He is a football fan and particularly enjoys hiking in the Pyrenees (as well as building Märklin train models).
MM is an international development expert and a Creative Director with ample expertise in tech for good- She holds an art degree from the Escola Massana from Barcelona and is currently working on several tech for good projects for the World Bank, Mercy Corps, etc. She is also an NFT artist, supporting the access of African artists to the NFT market. MM will develop the DAO’s image, and ensure that all activities are rigorously designed, planned and implemented. She also has expertise organizing Hackathons.
The Kenya Harmony DAO will participate in formation of more than 20 DAO’s in the country. The DAO’s formed will be geared to represent the country demographic of more than 42 tribes, youth, women, Web3 communities and all the unique attributes Kenya Has.
A Lite Swahili Harmony website that will be used in the Six countries in the East Africa Region. Namely Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and Congo.
The Kenya Harmony DAO aims to train more than 500 Software developers. In addition the DAO will also provide some basic/beginner introduction of WEB3 to Non Technicals.
The Kenya Harmony DAO will establish and mobilize a community of students,developers and techies, the goal is to have more than a 1,000 members by December 2022.
Participate in the annual AGM for Blockchain association of Kenya and sponsor some of the monthly events by the association.
Offer guidance on unlocking the 300 Million Grant fund to Projects, Daos, Launches to the communities formed.
Kenya Harmony DAO is seeking $74,700 in the first funding; the resources will be channeled to below activities in the first three months. However, after laying the foundation, The DAO will request another set of funding which will be used to expand the Harmony Protocol visibility in the country and support new communities of Developers, Validators and DAO’s.
Multisig wallet address
The Kenya Harmony DAO, will follow the set DAO policies and the Governors have agreed to have an Election 3 months after the date of receiving the funds.