Kuro Shiba Grant Proposal for NFT Staking Platform (Beta Live on Mainnet) and Marketplace

This project is the most legitimate and innovative project on the harmony chain. Don’t let the cuteness and friendly community fool you, this project is a serious technical and development powerhouse. If they don’t get a grant I am going to have to look into moving my funds to the FTM chain. But that won’t happen because I know the Harmony team will absolutely give these guys the grant… I mean how could they not?

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund

We plan to resume reviewing grant proposals after the holidays, the first week of January. In the meantime, we would love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedback.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread. Thank you again and we look forward to catching up after the holidays.

4 Likes

I love what Kuro Shiba are building and they are one of the most transparent teams out there, incredibly willing to admit where they have made mistakes aswell as where they plan to improve. They are much more than just “the first native dog token” and have organically built a great community that reflects that. I believe this grant would greatly help them in developing further and I look forward to what they have coming in the near future!

4 Likes

A big thank you to Harmony for offering these kinds of opportunities and giving us a chance to obtain a grant. I want thank all the commenters here for the support you’ve shown us. I would also like to thank our great community and to the many who have shown us so much support over the year. Having been with the project since it’s inception, I have seen the amazing effort the team has put into this project. I am extremely excited for the future of KURO and the possibilities that await.

3 Likes

good job on the kuro proposal hope it goes well for you all and i am glad harmony has this type of thing available

2 Likes

I agree with what someone already said: in my opinion is strictly needed to get the actual identity of the team members whom represent the core of the project. In addition, do you guys have any social media?
Cool aesthetic website though.

I’m confused at all the requests to publicly dox lol. Is DeFi Kingdoms publicly doxxed?
Didn’t they just get $1m?

1 Like

Our stance against public doxxing is a firm one, as we see no reason why the public should be able to look up our home addresses and places of employment to be able to enjoy our NFTs.

Rest assured that the team will dox to Harmony if they approve our grant proposal. :smile_cat:

We hope that being doxxed to Harmony + our 6-month track record of honesty and integrity + our continued innovation in the NFT/DeFi space will speak for themselves.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response, Daniel!

We actually intended to apply under the $13M grants and bounties for NFTs, as our product is yield-generating NFTs (i.e., stake NFTs to earn KURO/ONE/HRC20 tokens). But I didn’t see a separate forum category for that.

Happy holidays and I look forward to discussing our proposal with the Harmony team in the new year! :blue_heart:

1 Like

Proud to be a part of KURO community owning $KURO token and NFT! The team is making great progress and I really love their cute and adorable NFT design. I support the Kuro Shiba team and $KURO!!

2 Likes

I was initially skeptical of this project since it was the doge/shiba craze back then. Revisited this and after witnessing the non-toxic Discord community and growth (although a bit slow), I decided to get a bag of KURO. I found the artwork pleasing and the roadmap and vision well-planned. Good luck with the grant approval and the launch of the night market.

2 Likes

I can’t think of a more deserving project on the Harmony ecosystem to receive this grant.

2 Likes

Great idea, horrible name. We need individuality, leverage off the history of token names is not very attractive.

Love this project. The team is very active and communication is awesome! They are good people and the group is full of good people, which is also defining of Harmony as a whole. Kuro team keeps delivering on promises and is the first to implement stakeable NFTs on Harmony. Other projects are joining such as Dingos and I’m sure others will follow. Definitely believe in this project!

3 Likes

To be fair, the actual story behind the name began just before the token was launched, which is now just over six months ago. The OP “Persimberry” wanted to name the token after her dog “Kuro”. The breed just happened to be a Shiba Inu. It was kind of just an unhappy coincidence looking back now considering the connotations of the name as they exist today. There was never any intent to leverage the project by using a name to ride on the backs of other “shib(a)” named tokens. Especially considering at the time of the launch of Kuro, these “shib” coins were still relatively new or otherwise unknown.

2 Likes

Totally agreed. As @smonks mentioned, I based the token off of my real life black and tan shiba inu, who is my best friend and little hiking buddy. I didn’t realize how negative the connotation was back then, but now it’s too late to change because we already have almost 5000 holders and to convert to a new token would be super messy. Rather than abandoning the project, our only reasonable choice is to keep building and hope that our good reputation and innovation can overcome the negative association.

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

1 Like

No one’s really asking any questions, so I’ll ask a couple.

Are the partnerships with the other projects confirmed?

And do you plan to reach the user milestones with still no paid marketing, or will there be some kind of marketing scheme when there’s more utility?

2 Likes

I know the team has a bit going on at the moment and have a busy Q1 as far as updates. I do believe there are partnerships planned but hopefully @persimberry can give you some insight to your questions.

2 Likes

Great questions!

Yes, partnerships with the projects I mentioned are confirmed. We have an additional 3 projects already wanting to stake their NFTs on our platform when Exhibitions go live, and that’s just from organic word-of-mouth marketing. We also have a partnership with a top Harmony project coming up, where we will be providing NFT staking solutions for their entire protocol. But we are waiting to publicly announce these closer to the grand opening of the Exhibitions. :blush:

We will need to do paid marketing to reach those milestones. Organic growth is great and I love that we’re a grassroots project, but we’d love to pay some prominent Harmony-focused YouTubers to do features on our protocol when the full non-beta dApp is ready. Right now our biggest limitation is finances, so getting the Harmony grant would really speed development along and free up other funds for marketing.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!

1 Like

@persimberry Thanks for the proposal and I think you’ve done a great job so far. While we don’t fund meme coins or simple generative NFT projects, this does go well beyond that. Unfortunately this proposal falls under our launches program, but the amount requested falls outside the limits of that grant type.

We have other grant programs but Launches is the best fit:

This proposal fits best to the Launch grant based on the guidelines at Apply for Grants or DAO

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit.
We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet,
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs,
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit,
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion),
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process).

Moreover, we recommend a 5-out-9 multisig account on Gnosis Safe with 3 governors from the project team, 3 governors from the project community, and 3 governors from Harmony DAOs – namely, ONEcommunityDAO, ONEdeveloperDAO, ONEincubatorDAO.

In all cases, we ask for 3-month exclusive campaigns with Harmony before more porting with other chains. We also offer follow-on investments – see 50 Investments ($20M) above; but, at the moment, you must have an outside, lead investor for us to match the funding terms. All codes, development materials and production assets must be fully open, preferrably with MIT or BSD licences; weekly updates must on sent on forum; and, all server deploys or mobile apps must be easily clonable.

Can we agree to the above terms?