Kuro Shiba Grant Proposal for NFT Staking Platform (Beta Live on Mainnet) and Marketplace

Thanks so much for the reply, Daniel!

Can you please explain why our project falls under the Launch category? We intended to apply under the Financial/DeFi category of $13M Grants & Bounties on NFT because we are staking NFT collections for yield generation. This page says there is $500k set aside for that, with no $50k limit per proposal.

Once I understand the categorization more, I’ll be able to better consider the terms you posted. Thank you again!

Hey @persimberry - I can certainly help explain and hopefully help clear up any confusion. The $500K you’re referring to is the total amount reserved for that category of project. This is separate from the maximum funds allocated to an approved grantee based on which grant type they fall under. For example, an NFT project is likely to fall under Launches or Ports depending on a variety of things as documented here:

Does that help?

Thanks.

Definitely! We understand the $500k is reserved for that category of project, and we are only asking for $100k, so 1/5 the total allotted for that category. :relaxed:

In our view, our network-wide platform that provides yield-generating solutions for any Harmony NFT project with its own minting contract falls perfectly under the Financial category:

DeFi. e.g. NFTx or Fractional or Niftex to fractionalize a NFT collection as ERC20, swap with automated market making, or use as loan collaterals, governance votes, yield generation; NFT20 or Unicly as NFT liquidity pools; B.20 for Beeple’s art, Whaleshark’s $WHALE, Rat Vaults’ $FWB, Charged Particles for asset pools

My question was, why do you propose to categorize our project as a Launch rather than NFT - Financial (for which there is no stated $50k maximum per project)? If there’s some continued misunderstanding here due to the nature of commenting back and forth, I’d love to hop on a quick phone or Zoom call to gain better understanding.

Thanks again!

Hey @persimberry. I think there’s confusion over grant category vs grant track, and perhaps that is my fault so I hope to clarify. Grants are awarded based on which track they fall under, Launches, Ports, Investments, Partnerships and others described on the /apply page Apply for Grants or DAO. Grants are not awarded based on the categories documented on $13M Grants & Bounties on NFT.

The top section on /apply will help you explore the tracks under which your project can apply for funding. Thanks and let me know if you find this helpful!

This makes way more sense, thank you! To ensure I’m understanding correctly, this means that all grants for working products are necessarily one of (a) $50k launch, (b) investment, or (c) port? And that there is never more than a $50k equity-free grant given per new project that isn’t an investment or a port?

We’ll also be able to apply for a separate $50k launch grant for our Kurogotchi game when that’s ready too, right?

If my understanding is finally (lol) correct, then we’re happy to move forward with the $50k launch grant. Please let me know the next steps and we’ll get right on it. Thank you so much for the opportunity! Really appreciate your time answering my questions and for the green light to move forward.

@dpagan-harmony

Does this mean the team could apply for two launch grants, considering the staking and the night market are fundamentally two different functionalities that require a launch each?

Wait a second, why is this meme token announcing that they received a grant where in reality I don’t see the funding being approved?

I also saw approved projects on Harmony twitter with no mention of this project

Latest twitter from Harmony:

No mention of this project and here as well I don’t see this meme token got a grant. Why are they announcing themselves as if the funding was granted.

@persimberry Just to be sure, the launch grant will cover the Art Museum (Kuro NFT staking), Exhibitions, and the NFT marketplace, correct?

• Art Museum: staking of multiple Kuro Shiba NFTs per wallet
    → Rewards in KURO
    → Already in beta on mainnet
  • Exhibitions: staking of multiple curated guest NFT collections
    → Rewards in ONE, MIS, COINKX, or other tokens
    → Entry fee in KURO
    → Launching soon
  • NFT marketplace
    → Mint, buy, sell, and trade stakeable Kuro Shiba NFTs
    → Buy, sell, and trade stakeable curated guest collections
    → Small platform fee in KURO
    → Launching soon

Also, to answer your question, yes the Kurogotchi game would be considered under a separate grant and have to meet the minimum requirements for launches.

Hi @dpagan-harmony! If possible, we’d like this launch grant to cover only the NFT staking, since I incorrectly assumed we could lump two products in one application when I wrote the proposal. With just $50k (which is still very generous, of course) we are realistically looking at only enough to cover the NFT staking, i.e.:

• Art Museum: staking of multiple Kuro Shiba NFTs per wallet
    → Rewards in KURO
    → Already in beta on mainnet
  • Exhibitions: staking of multiple curated guest NFT collections
    → Rewards in ONE, MIS, COINKX, or other tokens
    → Entry fee in KURO
    → Launching soon

If that works for you, we can always apply for a separate grant for the NFT marketplace once we have a beta version on testnet or mainnet. Let me know how that sounds! And again, happy to chat via Zoom or phone if that helps move things along at all. Thank you!

(By the way, we have Exhibitions working on testnet since submitting the proposal, and very close to mainnet beta launch on that! So excited for the folks at Harmony to see it!)

Hi. On social media I saw KURO claiming that the grant was approved, but I cannot see such “confirmation” here. Is it approved or not? Thank you! Hope this doesn’t turn out to be SmugDoge 2.0 type of thing now…

Not sure what you’re reading, but it’s pretty crystal clear to me that the grant isn’t given yet by their posts.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the same person who didn’t like SmugDoge getting a grant? :smiley: My message here is almost identical to your “complaint” under Smug application.
I don’t know how to read this…maybe I need English lessons. :slight_smile:

Anyhow, I am happy if KURO gets it.

I think we have been clear that we are just moving forward under the Launches category. There will be conditions that need to be met by us before we receive any funds. All we have said is that we have confirmed our eligibility, and are committed to satisfying those conditions as laid out under the Launches program. Nowhere have we said we have already received a grant.

4 Likes

Apologies for any confusion! It looks like you have taken one tweet out of context, when there are 3 total tweets about our grant application process on Twitter. Here they are altogether:

From these tweets – in their important context – it is clear that we are simply keeping the community apprised of where we are in the process. The 1st tweet is about the comment from Daniel asking whether we agree to the terms, the 2nd tweet states that we did in fact agree to the terms, and the 3rd and final tweet states that there are still many steps to take before securing the grant.

Hope this clears things up for you!

4 Likes

Hello once more @persimberry. I have a few updates for you and the team.

1. We can include the Art Museum and Exhibitions as part of the Launch grant, and exclude the NFT marketplace - not a problem (see #2).

2. Yes, you can apply for a follow-up grant for the marketplace, but, it being a marketplace specific proposal, Harmony must take our existing and upcoming marketplaces into account in our review and decision.

3. The Kurogotchi game would also be considered under a separate proposal.

5 Likes

This is perfect, @dpagan-harmony! Thank you so much. We’ll happily follow all the steps to receive a launch grant for the Art Museum and Exhibitions. Please let me know how to proceed.

Super grateful to you and the Harmony team for making these grants available!

3 Likes

Approved for $50K Launch grant. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing this built out with the first milestone for a Testnet Launch built on Harmony :tada:

The Art Museum and Exhibitions will be included in this Launch grant

“Testnet Launch” means launching a feature-complete product on Harmony Testnet. We define feature complete to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.) on Testnet, and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users.

Funds will be released upon completing these milestones

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Meanwhile, to prepare receiving funds, email your identification documents to kyc@harmony.one and create a Gnosis Safe MultiSig wallet at https://multisig.harmony.one and using instructions below
:arrow_right: Setup Gnosis Safe with MetaMask & 1Wallet

Checkout the Funding FAQ for further info at Harmony Funding FAQ. Join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel to share your story and to gain partnerships there by growing your own ecosystem.

Please join the Harmony Grants Telegram channel and Harmony’s Discord server.

We’d love :blue_heart: to see weekly updates on this thread here, to keep the community posted on this proposal’s progress!

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much! We will get on it right away. Super honored and excited to be a part of the grant program. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Yes, I would also like to offer many thanks to Harmony for this wonderful opportunity.

1 Like