Kuro Shiba Grant Proposal for NFT Staking Platform (Beta Live on Mainnet) and Marketplace

Hi @dpagan-harmony! Here’s our first weekly dev update:

Prior to applying for the grant in December, we already launched a feature-complete product on the testnet and mainnet, for which we have completed extensive testing. Tonight, we launched an additional feature on mainnet–Exhibitions! https://beta.kuroshiba.one/exhibitions

Exhibitions enable users to stake curated NFT projects to earn $ONE or any HRC-20 token. On opening night, we launched the following two Exhibitions:

Exhibitions work very similar to our already tried-and-true Art Museum, with several QOL updates and a new feature: a KURO admission fee. The KURO admission fee is designed to add buy pressure to the KURO token, while eliminating sell pressure because the Exhibition reward tokens will never be in KURO.

Here’s how the Exhibitions compare to the Art Museum:

• (New) Multiple NFTs can be staked per wallet.
  • (New) Rewards are dictated by the NFT projects, not the KURO team.
  • (New) There is a one-time, non-refundable admission fee.
  • (New) UI shows claimed rewards and estimated rewards per day.
  • (Original) You can still stake and unstake your NFT any time.
  • (Original) Staking rewards are still 100% unlocked.
  • (Original) Unstaking your NFT will auto-claim rewards for you.

You can read the full scoop on Exhibitions in this Medium article.

We had an extremely successful launch, with 169 Whales and 163 Dingos already staked at the time of this update, i.e., less than 2 hours after launch. Importantly, we also have more than 100 unique wallets staking NFTs on the platform, which is why we’ve reached the first milestone for the grant!

Approving and paying the KURO fee, as well as staking, unstaking, and claiming appear to all be working perfectly. Not a single bug or complaint from our Dingo and Whale stakers since staking went live!

We are super excited about the smooth Exhibitions launch, and also have several NFT projects already in the pipeline to start staking soon, and in talk with many others as well. Here are 3 upcoming Exhibitions:

We believe we have met–and surpassed–our first milestone with the above accomplishments. Our core developers have started sending their KYC documents, and we’ll be forming a DAO shortly as well. Please let me know if you need anything else from us! Thank you so much! :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Another update: we have 669 total NFTs staked in the Exhibitions already, only ~19 hours after launch! And that’s just with 2 NFT projects and organic, word-of-mouth marketing. We expect to onboard many more projects in the next few weeks, as the premier NFT staking platform on Harmony!

3 Likes

Yet another update: We now have 869 NFTs staked in the new Exhibitions alone, and are getting ready to onboard more NFT projects!

We are about ready to move forward to milestone #2 but would love to get acceptance of our milestone #1 first. Please let us know once you’ve had a chance to check out the full-featured Exhibitions! https://beta.kuroshiba.one/exhibitions :sparkles:

1 Like

Any updates on this? @dpagan-harmony

1 Like

Congrats for reaching those milestones! Those are some nice numbers.

Hi again, @dpagan-harmony! Also tagging @Jacksteroo for visibility.

Time for another update on milestone no. 1! We are now at a whopping 13,152 NFTs actively staked in our Art Museum and Exhibitions! To date, NFT stakers have paid a total of 497 admission fees to use Exhibitions, each consisting of 3500 KURO per wallet per collection.

Regarding milestone no. 2, we have successfully created a multisig wallet (address = 0x1fFf62694153518807B75BeE76fA14E4ffbC5eDc) with initial 9 DAO governors, elected by the KURO community, as signatories:

1. persimberry (team)
  2. totodile (team)
  3. Slim Jim (team)
  4. sm0nks (team)
  5. matt cl (team)
  6. cactuar (community)
  7. Hound (validator)
  8. Crypto Clay (project lead)
  9. Sofa (project lead)

We are still finalizing the DAO mandate and sub-mandate, and will post an update on that soon. In the mean time, it would be awesome to receive acknowledgement on milestone no. 1, as we completed that on January 16 and it is now February 18. We are eager to fill out the grant funding form for that and move forward to our next milestones. Thank you!

what did you just build guys? :rofl:

Hello KuroShiba team, thank you for the updates. The team is currently in Denver for the event, however I am acknowledging the milestones.

Thank you and please continue to build.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Hope y’all continue to have a blast at ETH Denver!

I love this project, a source of pure delight. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

the milestones have been funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Li! Funds received! :blue_heart:

We’ve also now completed milestone no. 2 with the formation of our DAO! You can read all about it here:

Taro DAO Mandate:

1. Cuteness
  • Deliver cute, clean, & intuitive design
  • Brighten the blockchain with adorable artwork
  1. Creativity
  • Produce fresh, creator-driven content
  • Innovate at the intersection of NFTs & DeFi
  1. Community
  • Build community based on friendship & kindness
  • Foster a culture of collaboration & inclusivity

Elected DAO Governors:

• persimberry (team)
  • toto (team)
  • Slim Jim (team)
  • sm0nks (team)
  • matt cl (team)
  • cactuar (community)
  • Hound (validator)
  • crypto_clay (project lead)
  • Sofa (project lead)

Much more info in the Medium article! :sparkles:
Docs updated here: Kuro Shiba - Document Library

Also tagging @dpagan-harmony and @HarmonyUniverse for visibility, but let me know whether it’s uncouth to tag you guys lol. Thank you!

How do i minting my nft in your platform? and wheres your team?

Hello! There’s no minting on our platform currently, as the focus of this grant is NFT staking, specifically:

• Stake Kuro Shiba NFTs to earn $KURO
  • Stake other projects’ NFTs to earn their own tokens or $ONE

We will have new Kuro Shiba NFTs mintable after we get our NFT marketplace finalized, as the NFTs need to be compatible with both our staking and marketplace contracts. :blush:

Our team is international – Canada, Australia, UK, and US.

thanks for sharing this information i like to share my website https://www.hivelance.com/

the dao launch milestone has been funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

1 Like

Hi @persimberry,

Great project you have together here. Can you keep the community posted on most recent progress. Would love to see what’s next.

Thank You,
Al