LightItUp DAO

Tales great to have you onboard.

2 Likes

We can definitely raise awareness around these sort of issues. Letā€™s think about how we can use blockchain to create a better future for persons trapped in a warzone.

3 Likes

Great to have you onboard. We will be coming out with governance and voting shortly.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing the awareness that LightItUp brings for good causes that can afford outreach!

5 Likes

Iā€™m excited to help with these causes.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s up @Suede0619!

Thatā€™s a freaking awesome picture up top, my friend.

Apologies about this delayed response. Canā€™t even use ETH Denver as an excuse because you drafted this unique proposal up while yā€™all were there! :see_no_evil:

:hourglass_flowing_sand: Your proposal is under review :slight_smile: Meanwhile, head over to our DAO Funding Guidelines

:heavy_check_mark: Please ensure that your proposal meets the criteria necessary to be considered for a Harmony DAO bootstrap grant.

Note, that even if your proposal meets certain criteria, it does not necessarily guarantee approval or funding :see_no_evil:

Thank you for your time and interest! :rocket:

3 Likes

I am super excited to be part of such an inclusive and caring community! This has been hands on from the first moment I joined and am learning so much about DAOs and direct action immediately.

2 Likes

I love what we are creating here. This is a community that wants to take action and have fun while addressing attention to beauty, social issues, and creativity. Wonderful to be part of something action oriented and inclusive. I am learning alot about being in web3 by being part of LightItUp DAO! EthDenver2022 highlight for moi!!

2 Likes

Thank you Mikey. I think we have our ducks in a row. Let me know if you see anything missing.

3 Likes

Yes. I taught skills twice this morning to DAO members. Build things. Help others.

3 Likes

We have 27 members on Telegram as of now.

2 Likes

I am already learning a lot by being a governor on LightItUp DAO. Feeling included!

2 Likes

That 'sn because this DAO rocks and wants to execute a great social mission!

We have a very engaged team and the future looks light and bright!

2 Likes

I think joining a DAO is a great way to introduce newbies to crypto. Iā€™ve recruited half a dozen non-crypto friends to the LightItUp DAO.

4 Likes

Jamie, thanks for saying the bit about ā€˜Feeling included!ā€™ That is so 100% what we want to accomplish here.

2 Likes

Iā€™m learning a lot watching our group go from 0 to a (soon to be) funded DAO. Very cool! If Iā€™m lucky, Iā€™ll get to see my fractal coordinate/measurement system used to eye-catching broadcast Web3 brands on the side of a cool looking wall during ETHDenver2023.

1 Like

Bestape. I have you on my list for follow up. Looking forward to lighting it up for you/with you.

2 Likes

I just sent the following email to the leader of a national environmental organization. What do you think? What else could be stated?

At some point Iā€™d like to have a discussion about web3, blockchain and DAOs with your leadership. I know that BBC is an environmental organization and that cryptocurrency mining takes a lot of energy so there might be a reluctance to enter the space.

Truth is gold mining uses 10 times the energy as crypto mining, and banking uses 100 times the energy as crypto mining. So if crypto replaced both of thoseā€¦ Additionally the community is aware of this issue and working hard to move blockchains to proof of stake, while retaining the security of proof of work.

I attended ETHDenver 2022 last week and I met thousands of brilliant crazy rebels determined to change the way things are done. A user first web3, and eliminating middlemen bureaucrats and govt that create delays bureaucracy and costs.

Imagine governments started accepting crypto for taxes, as was just announced by Gov. Polis in Colorado at ETHDenver. Now they have a wallet address that is 100% immutable and associated with one person. Voting in elections could go to blockchain.

Imagine the govā€™t allowed citizens to choose an infrastructure initiative and delegate 25% of their income taxes to that project, like stationary rail. Now a wallet address that belongs to a citizen can vote on a project, with $$, they think is import, bypassing our dysfunctional congress.

In the future a persons crypto wallet will serve as a resume. They will have NFTs for the events they attended and the causes they supported, in addition for their home and cars. You could issue NFTs to your donors and thatā€™s public record that they supported you, and the NFT reflects that persons values and actions.

Web3 is coming and I want to get you to understand what is happening and get you thinking about solutions in the space.

4 Likes

Love this idea! Canā€™t wait to see what this brings!