NATIV Team Hackathon Check-in

> Team name
NATIV

> Chosen hackathon track/s
NFTs

> What did you work on this week?
Initial investigation into NFT balance API and associated live NFT data

> What are you hoping to complete by next week?
I hope to have simple NFT viewing integrated into my app by end of week, and if I don’t get that far I’d like to have at least started to work on the infrastructure that will eventually be used to view NFTs.

> Are you blocked by anything?
Not currently

> How can Harmony core team help?
It is unclear to me how ERC721 and ERC1155 NFTs differ; I’d be interested in being pointed to any ERC1155 examples that are currently on the network to so I can try and get a better understanding about them. Any documentation or other information in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’m not part of the team, but love answer this! ERC721 is a purely non fungible token, while ERC1155 is more of a combination between ERC20 and ERC721.

ERC1155 is a token that supports both fungible and non fungible tokens. The efficiency is where it gets interesting. It’s essentially best of both worlds and it has quite the lower amount of gas fees. The non fungible tokens however have a draw back that it’s harder to track saved data, since it’s data is less expanded.

1 Like

What @Tailchakra said +
ERC1155 is a standard created by the ENJIN team:
https://eips.ethereum.org/EIPS/eip-1155

1 Like

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! This is actually super helpful. What I’m also looking for is how to get the metadata JSON from Harmony ERC1155s. I can query the explorer to get a list of ERC1155 tokens, but then I need to actually get the NFT art meta. Does anyone know how to do that?