Not just a surfer

Hey everyone!
I’m Nick, co-founder of Harmony.

At Harmony I wear a bunch of different hats from protocol research, to community management and business strategy. As more of a generalist, I enjoy working on both deeply technical topics like our RaptorQ IDA or our VRF + VDF randomness generation as well as more broad high-level topics like cryptoeconomics and applications of blockchain technology such as decentralized finance. I’m excited to open up these conversations to the broader community so that we can get feedback and converge more quickly on an optimal layer-1 consensus protocol.

In my previous life, I grew up in Hawaii as a surf grom and moved to California to study for a BS and MS in electrical engineering from Stanford with a focus in neural networks and AI. While living in Tokyo and Hong Kong for a year and a half working at the AI incubator Zeroth.AI, I became deeply interested in blockchain. After months of research, I realized the potential that blockchain had to change the fundamental structure of our economy and therefore our society. I then left Zeroth to co-found Harmony where our mission is to build the scalable infrastructure necessary to deliver the promise of blockchain to the entire world.

Find me on twitter @nickwhite___

3 Likes

And a certified yoga instructor!

Fellow electrical engineer here.

3 Likes

Looking forward to reading your introduction @jim380!

1 Like