OpenSwap's DAO Tooling

Hey @amartay1986 thanks for the concern, yeah the amount might seem high but most of it will be used to pay audits (wich are really expensive) since this project is not a fork, it manages money and has a lot of sub contracts (which might even be audited too) its hard to not pay a lot in the audits section, we wanna focus on security so other daos dont hesitate to use our platform. Hope i could bring an answer to your concern thanks for the support

5 Likes

This sounds like a great value-added proposal. I’m all for it. Would this be something like Aragon has created?

6 Likes

I appreciate that bud…
It’s not the $75k is a problem.
Just not something I could give proper feedback for as I wouldn’t know what the cost of launch like this would cost.

I definitely support it as a native project.

We need as many as we can get!

5 Likes

It allows daos to be created easily yes, but it also manages funds and has a lot more flexibility than Aragon (I haven’t read as much info on Aragon tho), the easiest example is that daos would be able to stake in a validator or even inside a DEX everything through vote

7 Likes

This proposal still actual, any news from DAO team yet?

5 Likes

Hello, @Lance and OpenSwap family.

Following up on this proposal with another update from Harmony. . .

All approvals and proposals for DAO Bootstrap Funding are still paused. This is a temporary measure. Please do not let this dissuade you and your team from building. Stay tuned for another update regarding DAO Bootstrap Funding :soon:

Obviously, this type of proposal is something the community can get behind as well as a valuable tool for DAO’s. Looking forward to more communications.

note: this comment is not an approval of this proposal.

1 Like

Not sure if pure Framework will be helpful in future special when thinking about DeepDAO and Tally because it’s votings happen may like in Aragon still in a closed not directly public circle. But I would love to get more information how open this framework will be :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Great graphics. I hope to see a fully developed product, actually

1 Like

That is immensely disappointing to hear after 5 months of waiting, and seeing almost no communication on this thread.

I wonder though, is all funding from the grant system paused? Or only the DAO funding?

OpenDAO is of course more of an open framework to allow DAO’s being decentralised (current DAO’s in almost any form are definitely not decentralised, I think that the controversy recently surrounding Harmony in recent months are a perfect example of an issue of “decentralised” but clustered by 9 people autonomous organisations) than being a DAO itself. Yes OpenFinance will be using it for their own DAO as well, but they aren’t asking a grant for their own DAO but a grant for technical development of a framework that can be used by any DAO. Therefore, it might be an idea to not put this under the “DAO bootstrap funding” as it is not a DAO, but a framework for a dao, but instead put it under “Launches” or “Ports”.

Looking forward to your reponse.

4 Likes

Truth be told it was to be expected. Regardless, I am grateful for your work and for the communication/update. I understand it’s difficult to be the bearer of bad news.

No, it was not going to dissuade us from working on it, never did and we honestly expected this to definitely happen and thus told ourselves in advance not to rely on this grant, especially given the current state of the market - there must be a lot on Harmony’s plate and we understand. Regardless, OpenSwap and its functionalities are being worked on daily, and the state of the market has so far no relevancy on the progress.

Hopefully the issue of freezing new DAO grants will be resolved with us soon though, as we’re de facto not asking for a grant for another DAO, rather for funding an actual, working and robust dApp that will help the ecosystem itself.

But yet again, thank you for the update:)

5 Likes

Any news on this subject would be great ( no tags )

3 Likes

Funding and approvals resumed on Tuesday. :blue_heart:

Yay! Thanks for sharing the news! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Just to add to what I was saying earlier, as it’s been a while
I’m very excited for the future OpenSwap has ahead, I started crypto with Harmony One and remember when ViperSwap has the first and only Dex. I LP farmed there for a while but when OpenSwap started up, I moved all my investments over there as I don’t particularly like the idea of locked LP earnings and OpenSwap always had safety #1 in mind. Since then I haven’t moved my investments from there because I really like the tech Alex has to offer to the chain. I don’t trade too often but I’ve tried out the new Dex aggregator and it is pretty cool I can get the best price when I trade without having to go and check all the different exchanges. I am really looking forward to the DAO tooling though, I’ve met some people that wanted to start one but wasn’t really sure how, but I’m sure OpenSwap will make it an easy process.

Also another piece of tech Alex developed was an autocomponding validator so I can main-net stake my ones and then with some of the rewards I can invest in any OpenSwap LP farm too! I think that’s pretty cool!

Thank you for your time and I look forward to the bright future of $OpenX and $ONE❤️

5 Likes