DAO Tooling Project

DAO Tooling

Proposal overview

Simply, this will be a repo to collect various tools that make it easy to create and interact with DAO’s for a beginner, building up to advanced tooling.

It is a project which was designed and coded and proposed during EthDenver 2022.

All hail the Bufficorn.

Proposal ask

Max bounty for EthDenver : $5000

External links

Codebase : alienflip/EthDAOTooling: Easy to use Ethereum tooling! Includes Layer 2 integrated solutions (github.com)
Deployment to Harmony Network : Harmony Blockchain Explorer

1 Like

Who are you? Any reference?

1 Like

I will be meeting Kaz this week to discuss the project :wink: … who are you?

I guess as a little intro, I am an engineer at ZeroBridge (github.com), but am also a hardware engineer at a large (left unnamed) tech house.

Also have a NFT project, in case you are interested p1xelpussies (@p1xelpussies) / Twitter

Hello @alienflip

Thank you for joining us at EthDenver. It was quite the adventure. Did you end up falling ill like so many of our friends?

I am slightly curious about what you are proposing to do here. Can you go into more detail? Is what you propose any different then the list that can be found here?

Let me know! We are very engaged in building, porting and finding dao tools for Harmony, so I will be paying close attention to this one!

Thanks!
Sam Harrison

1 Like

This is actually a very good idea. Multisig it’s fine but not very usable for new people, an interface that easily allows you to create a DAO, step by step, with all the explanation and simplicity would be fantastic.

It may be a plugin inside One OS, completely compatible and we also wanted to include that!

Hey @Sam, glad you are interested!

In fact, the tooling set has now been adopted into another group, and we are preparing to launch a DAO. I talked with them last night, and we would we interested in proposing a for a larger grant.

The general idea (which is already nearly finished: frontend need finesse-ing) will be to create a DAO tooling set specifically for the management of inter-chain bridges.

Of course, we would be psyched to integrate Harmony still!

Do you have any suggestions about how we should move forward?

Hey @Peersyst!

Glad you like it … this could for sure be done with the tooling that is there already :slight_smile: The multi-sig aspect of the contract actually happens under the hood here, no need for newbies to touch it!

Take a look at our DAO Funding Guidelines. Approvals happen SO MUCH FASTER if a DAO fits into the guidelines.

We are finalizing a “Minimally Viable DAO” structure right now - expect a post by this weekend that details is - but think about how you could show you have the following: Shared Interest (a community), Shared Responsibility (9 governors elected out of a field of 12, with 100 voters), Shared Assets (a multisig wallet). Currently, just food for thought, but this may be a requirement that supplants the existing funding framework in the near future.

Thanks!
Sam

Awesome, and on which channel can we post the proposal?

If you are asking for a DAO bootstrap grant - post it to “Funding Proposals” “DAOs”… if a product or bounty - try “Launch” or “Bounty”

Thanks!

Great, thanks!

I will shoot over there and check it out.

1 Like

Following up on this thread :slight_smile:

How goes it, @alienflip (which also might be my favorite talk handle on this platform)

Hey Slosh,

Going ok! Made an update to the tooling, it now has also a frontend that I cobbled together following recent zku.one cohort (which was great fun, btw! Good job Harmony for this).

alienflip/DaoDashBoard: FullStack Web3 (github.com)

In terms of the status of this proposal specifically, it sounds to me like there is no need for it, and so I will stop working on it as of now.

Will most likely turn all attention to zk based tools, so keep an eye out, I guess :wink:

1 Like

thanks @alienflip looking forward to what you build :blue_heart:

Going to go ahead and close this thread. Please resubmit for a DAO tooling grant if the opportunity arises.