MetricsDAO is uniting the best analytical minds in the space to build the future of crypto analytics. Thousands of analysts are congregating to provide blockchains with the data and insights they need; it is providing a systematized approach to organizing data, making it analytics-ready, and providing an on-demand bounty structure to motivate analysts to deliver outcomes.
MetricsDAO’s community has completed curating Harmony’s data for analytic access. This was structured via MetricsDAO Harmony Proposal in November of 2021.
MetricsDAO also developed a curated data view that contains several insights that are valuable to the Harmony community. The delivered insights included the following:
- Daily number of wallets (wallets with > 0 balance)
- Daily number of active wallets (wallets with any transactions in/out that day)
- Total value locked on all wallets
- Daily number of transactions
- Locked assets and number of transactions
- Locked assets and number of transactions (monthly) per project (DFK, Tranquil)
- Locked assets $ on ETH bridge
- Number of on-chain delegators
- Total $ staked
- Number of validator pools
The Github for Dashboard can be found here.
The programs that MetricsDAO ran to generate the analytics contained in the dashboard resulted in over 140 pieces of content being generated by our community as well as disbursement of 100K+ in ONE to 50+ MetricsDAO community members. For more details, you can view MetricsDAO’s analyst activity dashboard here.
MetricsDAO’s Harmony Bounty program resulted in 6 grand-prize winning submissions. The details of these submissions can be found below:
- Harmony Transactions by poogoo
- Active Harmony Wallets by rplust
- Most Popular Tokens on Harmony by Adria Parcerisas
- Daily Transactions and Success Rates on Harmony by rplust
- Failed Transactions on the Harmony Network by J.Hackworth
- Bridging to Harmony… Then What? by Chain Iq Edu
Additional details on these winning submissions can be found in this Mirror post.
With this foundational dashboard in place, MetricsDAO is now able to continue running analytics programs for Harmony focused on delivering user insights to the Harmony community.
MetricsDAO attracts top-of-the-line analytical minds and then uses a streamlined, effective 4-step process to solve analytical challenges for blockchains at scale and deliver organized on-demand analytics:
- Question Creation: The analytical needs of decentralized organizations are discovered and organized into Questions that can be addressed by Analysts. Effective prioritization, achieved through community-driven upvoting, helps center Analysts on addressing the right challenges at the right time.
- Solution Generation: Analysts address questions with results, visualizations, insights, and further questions that generate solutions.
- Solution Review: Public feedback, as opposed to the private loops used in traditional analysis methods, ensures that a solution meets data and delivery standards — does the solution solve the challenge, and does it do it well?
- Partner Token Distribution: Programmatic compensation rewards analysts for the results they deliver.
MetricsDAO provides an organized and proven method for completing each step in the Organized, On-Demand Analytics Delivery process. In the event data is not freely available through third party data providers, MetricsDAO also works with our data curation team to build queryable datasets for your chain or protocol as consulting services.
MetricsDAO will work closely with the Harmony team to understand the data needs of the community. Additional solutions will be delivered based on the needs of the community. Needs from the community will be collected and voted on here.
After speaking with @giv, I understand that there are some blindspots in the Monthly newsletter with regard to metrics. If we continue with this engagement, directed asks from the Harmony team can be prioritized and presented to our community of analysts.
This proposal will be most successful for all parties if the Harmony team takes an active part in challenge generation and prioritization.
Solutions will be delivered until the bounty budget runs out.
$50,000 budget in $ONE.
- 15% would be provided to MetricsDAO treasury for operations.
- The rest would be delivered as bounties for analysts who solve Harmony’s needs.
- Generate ~300 dashboard submissions from MetricsDAO community members