Project X: I want to invest across 150 different startups of diverse founders

Name of Project / DAO / Company

Dylan Peters

Application type

Investment / Project X

Proposal overview

Hello,

Thank you so much to the whole team at Harmony and the time you spent getting to know me. To Stephen, Matty, Andrew, Danny, and Billy you guys rock!

I would very much like to be considered for Project X and know exactly how I could make the program impactful to a large group of founders. But first a little bit about me.

I grew up in a family of modest means in the East Bay. I often describe myself as a poor punk rock kid from Oakland, which is also likely where my work ethic comes from. I grew up watching my father get up at 4am everyday for work and returning home normally around 6/7pm. I opened my first retirement account at 17 with money I was making washing dishes at a small restaurant after I dropped out of high school. I worked 2 or 3 jobs for a decade, working every weekend and holiday scraping my money together to invest every cent. I describe myself as someone who both professionally and personally always fights for the underdog because I have been there.

After getting involved in blockchain in 2017 I have been an active investor and advocate for the industry since. Currently, I am on the founding team of Deepwaters a decentralized exchange that seeks to bring maturity to defi with the creation of many risk mitigation and capital efficiency tools. Protecting investors by eliminating slippage, front running, sandwich attacks and mitigating impermanent loss. We are very excited to partner with Harmony but that is a separate subject. In addition to Deepwaters I am a venture partner with Gaingels. Gaingels is a venture syndicate that focuses on building diverse and inclusive teams centered around the LGBTQ community and its allies. I also stay very active with the non-profit community both as consultant (pro-bono) and volunteer with organizations like the Gratitude Center, Sprouts, The Guardian Program, H/art, Alcoholics Anonymous, and GLIDE. In addition I also teach self defense and jiu jitsu to anyone who seeks to learn and host donation based seminars.

The ONLY reason I am sharing these private details of my life is because when Stephen told me about Project X I saw an incredible opportunity to help myself and a large diverse group of founders. If selected I would participate in an internal fund round we are raising at Gaingels that will be investing anywhere from $50k-100k across approximately 150 different startups within the LGBTQ community. The minimum contribution is $25k so if selected I would contribute the entire Project X funding, in addition to my own funds, towards the advancement of their community. Leveling the playing field for the next generation of founders, helping them grow and fulfill their missions for years to come.

Thank you for your consideration and let me know if you would like any additional details.

Team

Myself

Proposal ask

$20-25k (more is welcome if the project resonates with you)

Justification

As mentioned above due to the requirements the minimum contribution amount is $25k for the fund.

Metrics for success

I can provide regular updates on startups funded and their growth.

External links

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dylan-peters-re/

1 Like

Awesome meeting you in Denver Dylan! I really love your commitment to helping others.

1 Like

Be the change you want to see in the world

1 Like

Hey Dylan and thanks for the post. Unfortunately, Project X investments was an initiative to invest in projects and teams with a product, roadmap, etc. I could have missed something in the post, but it seems like there isn’t a specific set of deliverables or product pitched here. We also had equity free grants as part of Project X but that, too, falls under the same set of requirements/guidelines.

What you’re looking to do might do better as a DAO.
Check out more information below: