Security / Audit DAO

DAO

[Harmony Code Audit, Security and Development]

Application type

[ DAO Formation ]

Proposal overview

[ The goal of the Security DAO is to help Harmony Dapps become 3,3 visible asap. Meaning use is reinforced by audit and development. Development is reinforced by safe long term use. And growth is sustainable and beneficial to all parties. By debugging and doing rug pull audits early we protect Harmonauts and ensure success of our fateful devs. Encouraging safe economic inflow. The goal is to help all dapps access code audits for safety. The outcome is an ecosystem that is resilient against not only rug pulls but serious hacks as well!!! The DAO, will be responsible for growing and maintaining relationships with vetted 3rd party audit companies. As well as front running fund raising campaigns and /or One for One matching to pay for audits. Dev support may also be possible. The idea is to protect users and developers by improving code and supporting long term growth.

This is just an idea.

Team

The team would be built of Schedulers, Treasury, Comms/ marketing and dev support.
No experience need because the audit companies will be vetted for trust.

Proposal ask

[Enough money to audit at least 5 Dapps with use history on Harmony. Then we should be able to fund raise for newer Dapps, at least partially. Plus payroll for DAO members at minimum salary with bonus opportunity. 50k or minimum Grant with opportunity to ask for future funding?]

Justification

I don’t know how much to ask for. I believe DAO members should be compensated fairly but idk how much a code/ rug pull audit costs.

Metrics for success

[ Creating a contact/ relationship with a vetted code audit company. Successfully improving bugs. And then successfully paying for an audit from user fund raised moneys.]

External links

None

7 Likes

Good!! Security is next big thing in Web3 ecosystem

1 Like

I support this idea. Hoping some minds that are more cut out for this than mine will take the initiative to form a working group and develop a plan to get funded as laid out in this post. DAO Funding Guidelines

5 Likes

With some things that recently came to light, and with so many new projects popping up all the time, I think this is a great idea and could be the front line of defense needed to keep the Harmony community safe.

Thank you for your suggestion.

4 Likes

I echo this; think we as the community need to rally behind this

3 Likes

Hello, @Sm0k1nJo3. Apologies for the extreme delay.

Harmony does not pay for audits. And because this is just an “idea”, we are going to deny this proposal.

This is a fantastic idea, though. I would like to think there is an idea here for the @harmony_dev_dao. While the DevDAO is not prepared to perform audits, I wonder if they’d be able to push projects to the right resources to perform audits themselves.

Also, maybe there is a path to self-sufficiency here for the devDAO. In the future maybe the DevDAO could perform audits for projects building on Harmony.

2 Likes

Whichever the solution, audits are key :slight_smile:

Thank you for the guidance. I am going to build DAO through Openswap’s no code tool kit and try again. I will definitely reach out to the Dev Dao for support. And as far as funding goes, if funds in treasury aren’t touched would this make a difference? I plan to fundraise work with Dapp and maybe help by equity swapping. If we spend any funds it will only come from profits made from treasury not the principal itself??? Would this be acceptable? Again thanks for the help.