Sobol’s mission is to create “maps” of DAOs in the Harmony ONE ecosystem, using Sobol, a tool that creates a knowledge graph of your DAO!
We will map DAOs in the Harmony ecosystem to create ten dynamic org maps of the most active Harmony ONE DAOs as a public good. Additionally, we will create a training program that serves as an “engine” to train additional cartographers to help us map DAOs in the Harmony ONE ecosystem.
What is Sobol?
New paradigms of work require new ways to visualize and run organizations & DAOs. Sobol maps accountability across your entire ecosystem, so the teams within your DAO can move fast, and act with alignment and trust.
Sobol is a fully-functional DAO mapping tool that boasts a user base of 20,000 plus users, and is used by DAOs such as BanklessDAO, PolygonDAO, CityDAO, GitcoinDAO, and more. If we are selected to receive grant funding, the Sobol DAO will run on the Harmony ONE network. We are currently in a public beta phase, and seek additional feedback from DAOs and our users to build the next set of features, to make Sobol a must-use tool in Web 3.
Sobol moves beyond organization charts and titles and makes accountability more granular and decentralized by mapping all the roles and Teams in your organization. From the top layer of your ecosystem to the deepest subDAOs, Sobol can make you connect.
Sobol features include: syncing with your Discord server to give you a clear and complete visualization of your DAO. With Sobol you can also jump from parent DAO to subDAOs, and assign specific roles from your Discord to teams and roles in every DAO. As people are given permissioned roles in Discord, they dynamically appear on your Sobol map.
WHY THE PRODUCT NEEDS FUNDING
We are seeking funding for this project to create a public good for the Harmony ONE ecosystem. Funding this project will increase the transparency and operational efficiency of the DAOs that we map. The opportunity cost of these two functions is significant. By providing this public good to the Harmony ONE ecosystem, we will help grow the ecosystem by making it easier to understand and navigate for new and existing participants.
Sobol, the product has actually been around since 2017. To survive Crypto Winter, the company pivoted to serving enterprise customers seeking to run their organizations in a more non-hierarchical, decentralized manner. In Q2 2022, we have decided to offer Sobol as a free beta. In addition to potentially receiving funding from the Harmony ONE ecosystem, we would be receiving valuable user feedback from active DAO users, as we continue to build a tool that is tailored to the needs of actively and rapidly-changing DAOs.
We are requesting a $50K contribution to be split into the following deliverables:
Create Sobol instances for 10 DAOs (setup, support) $10k
Train first group of Local Cartographers 2 per DAO) $10k
Cartography training program with Wiki and archive of training sessions $15k
Hand over the accountabilities for maintaining each DAO map $15k
We will create a Sobol instance for 10 DAOs in the Harmony ONE ecosystem.
Each Sobol instance is essentially a context-rich org map, which gives each DAO a place to store all relevant information about roles, teams, guilds, and even subDAOs.
Each Sobol instance will provide each DAO with:
- A dynamic organizational map - See map of your DAO, with teams, roles, and people
- A People Directory for the DAO - Full member directory with customizable member profiles. DAO members will be able to search the People Directory for info such as wallet address, calendar booking, skill set, time zone, availability.
- Features for accountability processes in the DAO, such as goal and milestones, team agreements, and team update reminders.
We will create a wiki for the DAO Cartographer training program. The purpose of this program is to train one or more DAO Cartographers for each DAO, so that they can use their map to maximum effectiveness with regards to their DAO’s operations and creating systems for accountability in their DAO.
This includes maintaining the map as their DAO grows, and as new workstreams, processes, and roles are added, or archived.
- Get buy-in from each of the 10 DAOs
- This includes:
- Installing Sobol Bot in each of their Discord servers and sync’ing to their Sobol.
- Finding two Cartographers in each DAO to take responsibility for updating and maintaining the map for their DAO.
- Create minimum-viable DAO Cartography training program, which will include the creation of a wiki program, and weekly training sessions for the Local Cartographers from participating DAOs.
- Graduate first 5 Cartographers from DAO Cartographer Training Program.
- Continue to weekly training sessions.
- Revise and ship a v1.0 of the training program.
- Have all 10 DAOs maps launched.
- Have all 10 DAOs maps up-to-date, and a complete, accurate representation of their DAO.
- At the end of the three months, graduate all 20 DAO Cartographers and hand over the accountabilities for maintaining each DAO map.