Sobol DAO’s mission is to create “maps” of DAOs in the Harmony ONE ecosystem, using Sobol, a tool that creates a knowledge graph of your DAO!
We will map DAOs in the Harmony ecosystem to create ten dynamic org maps of the most active Harmony ONE DAOs as a public good. Additionally, we will create a training program that serves as an “engine” to train additional cartographers to help us map DAOs in the Harmony ONE ecosystem.
What is Sobol?
New paradigms of work require new ways to visualize and run organizations & DAOs. Sobol maps accountability across your entire ecosystem, so the teams within your DAO can move fast, and act with alignment and trust.
Sobol is a fully-functional DAO mapping tool that boasts a user base of 20,000 plus users, and is used by DAOs such as BanklessDAO, PolygonDAO, CityDAO, GitcoinDAO, and more. If we are selected to receive grant funding, the Sobol DAO will run on the Harmony ONE network. We are currently in a public beta phase, and seek additional feedback from DAOs and our users to build the next set of features, to make Sobol a must-use tool in Web 3.
Sobol moves beyond organization charts and titles and makes accountability more granular and decentralized by mapping all the roles and Teams in your organization. From the top layer of your ecosystem to the deepest subDAOs, Sobol can make you connect.
Sobol features include: syncing with your Discord server to give you a clear and complete visualization of your DAO. With Sobol you can also jump from parent DAO to subDAOs, and assign specific roles from your Discord to teams and roles in every DAO. As people are given permissioned roles in Discord, they dynamically appear on your Sobol map.
We are asking for $77,400. This is based off of a three-month calculation what we would need to pay our governors to administer the program, and for DAO Cartographers to map the 10 DAOs. The two roles would co-create the DAO Cartography Training Program in that three-month time span, as well.
We set an hourly rate for $150/hr for Governors, and estimate that each of the nine governors will need to contribute 3 hours per week:
($150/hr * 3 hrs/wk * 9 governors * 12 weeks) = $48,600
We set an hourly rate for $75/hr for Cartographers, and estimate that each of the four cartographers will need to contribute 8 hours per week:
($75/hr * 8 hrs/wk * 4 cartographers * 12 weeks) = $28,800
$48,600 (Governors’ rates total) + $28,800 (Cartographers’ rates total) = $77,400
Metrics for Success
- Operation : Create Sobol maps for the 10 largest DAOs in the Harmony ecosystem.
- Education : Create open sourced training program for DAO Cartographers.
- Future of Work: Creating jobs in the Harmony ONE ecosystem
We will provide two main deliverables:
- A Sobol map for each of the 10 most active DAOs in the Harmony ecosystem, with full set up and Discord integration.
- An open-sourced training program for training DAO Cartographers. This will be co-created by the project governors and DAO Cartographers.
Governor: Multi-Sig signer. Creates training docs and programs. Initiates contact with DAOs, initiates mapping. Holds weekly meetings with DAO Cartographers. Oversees the general direction of the project and project manages timelines.
DAO Cartographer: Creates and maintains mapping(defined as a “Sobol instance”) for each DAO. Point of contact for local Cartographers in the DAOs. Holds weekly meetings, resolves questions, changes templates if needed, holds training sessions.
A Sobol Map for Each DAO
We will create a Sobol instance for 10 DAOs in the Harmony ONE ecosystem.
Each Sobol instance is essentially a context-rich org map, which gives each DAO a place to store all relevant information about roles, teams, guilds, and even subDAOs.
Each Sobol instance will provide each DAO with:
- A dynamic organizational map - See map of your DAO, with teams, roles, and people
- A People Directory for the DAO - Full member directory with customizable member profiles. DAO members will be able to search the People Directory for info such as wallet address, calendar booking, skill set, time zone, availability.
- Features for accountability processes in the DAO, such as goal and milestones, team agreements, and team update reminders.
DAO Cartographer Training Program
We will create a wiki for the DAO Cartographer training program. The purpose of this program is to train one or more DAO Cartographers for each DAO, so that they can use their map to maximum effectiveness with regards to their DAO’s operations and creating systems for accountability in their DAO.
This includes maintaining the map as their DAO grows, and as new workstreams, processes, and roles are added, or archived.
- Get buy-in from each of the 10 DAOs
- This includes:
- Installing Sobol Bot in each of their Discord servers and sync’ing to their Sobol.
- Finding two Cartographers in each DAO to take responsibility for updating and maintaining the map for their DAO.
- Create minimum-viable training program, which will include the creation of a wiki for the DAO Cartography Training Program, and weekly training sessions.
- Graduate first 5 Cartographers from DAO Cartographer Training Program.
- Continue to weekly training sessions.
- Revise and ship a v1.0 of the training program.
- Have all 10 DAOs maps launched.
- Have all 10 DAOs maps up-to-date, and a complete, accurate representation of their DAO.
- At the end of the three months, graduate all 10 DAO Cartographers and hand over the accountabilities for maintaining each DAO map.
1. Bryan Peters(bpetes#9961) – Sobol Co-Founder, Operations/Marketing/Product at Sobol, DAO Cartographer Extraordinaire. Contributor to numerous DAOs including: Bankless DAO(Season 0 member), CityDAO(core team), Polygon DAO(genesis team), DAOPunks.
2. Donnie Benjamin(donnie#7613) – Sobol Co-Founder, Operations/Marketing at Sobol. Previously: ConsenSys, Google.
3. Victor Leipnik – Sobol Co-Founder, Senior Dev.
4. Alex Wagner(alexdw5#7827) – Sobol Content and Community, Contributor to DAOs such as: FWB, Bankless DAO, GitcoinDAO. Former SaaS UX Copywriter and video producer. DAO Cartographer.
5. Damian Sarzynski – Product and Design at Sobol.
6. Ray Bankless(raybankless.eth#7390) - DAO Cartographer : Engineer from the meatspace. Started contributing DAOs in 2021. BanklessDAO - Translators Guild Project Manager. Turkish Media Node Coordinator. JuiceBox DAO - Turkish translator. CitaDAO - Turkish translator, Sobol - DAO Cartographer, Frabric DAO - DAO Cartographer, DAOlators - Genesis Squad.
7. Mikhail Baynes(mikhailbaynes#7933) - Polygon Advocate, Polygon Ecosystem Dao - Sobol Scribe, Moderator, Marketing Contributor and Polygon Ecosystem Dao Team. Also, Community Manager at Mad Meerkat Burrow. Entrepreneur and Chartered Accountant. Sobol Community Contributor Team.
8. Okachu(okachu#4046) - Audiovisual content creator for banklessdao turkish International Media Node. Sobol Community Contributor Team.
9. Rowan(rowan#3669) - Contributor to Sobol Community and Bankless DAO. DAO Cartographer. Sobol Community Contributor Team.