TAPZ GALLANTINO ENTERS THE METAVERSE | Funding Proposal

They received a $2K grant. Given out by a panel of 5 judges at a SharkTank style pitch event during NFTLA.

Thanks for the clarification bud…

Moving forward if grants are continue.

It would be good for the community to see this data from one link or excel file.

Otherwise, we might be wasting our time reading/researching a DAO proposal that has already been declined months prior.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hello, @TAPZGALLANTINO! Apologies for the delayed response.

I noticed that you have selected the “DAO” category for this proposal. Are you interested in a Launch grant or a DAO bootstrap grant? This proposal also might make more sense in the investment category? Please note, that relocating the proposal does not guarantee approval.

In any case, the Harmony Foundation has paused all DAO approvals and grant funding while we restructure and realign our grant processes.

In the meantime, please review the Harmony DAO Funding Guidelines and the Launch Grant category.

Thank you so much for your bringing your passion to Harmony.

2 Likes

I agree 1,000%. Just got off a call with the panelists from SharkTank asking them to provide this info more publicly.

1 Like

Precisely! Thank you for the additional context. This brings more clarity to the message I am conveying. A step at a time to reach the ultimate radical transparency.

With that one time grant alone we were able to onboard into the MetaVerse and so much more. The panelists were great and so were the pitches, a lot of amazing ideas. And if it wasn’t crystal clear for the current community engaging, this proposal is outside of that grant - but very much worth a mention seeing as it’s worked wonders, universally pairing Web2 with Web3 tools in the sonic space.

Someone from the team will get back to you regarding your latest message! And no worries re delay.

Best

3 Likes

Hi @frwrdslosh!
We would be interested in moving the proposal to the DAO bootstrap or launch grant categories.

“Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each:

• $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
  • $10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
  • $10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
  • $10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
  • $10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)”

For the launch grant, would the DAO formation be considered as a product?
And until when will DAO grants be put on hold?

We will adapt the proposal to include mandates and signatories per DAO bootstrap guidelines.
Our vision is for TAPZ GALLANTINO and his creator DAO to be a gateway into web3 for his fans and his fellow artists and creatives in his network. The TAPZ GALLANTINO DAO will educate fellow artists on Web3 tools and allow fans to interact with their artist in a new way.

Thank you for the constructive feedback and look forward to contribute publicly on Harmony.

3 Likes

Hello, @Morgan_Alston

The Harmony DAO Ops team has decided to decline this proposal.

We have found over the past year of DAO operations that the organizations that don’t start with a large, dedicated community and a goal to fund themselves tend to have very low success rates. They tend to have a hard time recruiting additional community support and tend to bring limited value to the overall Harmony ecosystem.

The bar to receive a DAO bootstrap grant is now higher than it has been historically. In order to receive a bootstrap grant going forward, DAOs will need to evidence a high level of transparent reporting, robust community involvement and a business plan that reflects a commitment to self-funding. Further guidelines are being finalized and should be released in the coming week.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAO’s patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination.

Do not let this dissuade you or your DAOs passion to build on Harmony. Harmony is integrating new tools to help build a robust DAO ecosystem. I’m looking forward to your success.

This thread will be closed.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.