The French Connection DAO

Stand by, we will get back to you this week.

1 Like

Hello @Abraham and the rest of the selected French DAO governors.

A sincere thank you for your patience and understanding.

Can you please provide confirmation that a French DAO multisig wallet has been created?

If you and the other governors could reference our current Regional DAO guidelines and agree to these deliverables

We recommend the following 5 initial deliverables for each regional DAO.

• $10k for translating open.harmony.one.
  • $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
  • $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
  • $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.
  • $10k for growing public community to 1,000 active members on Twitter.

and if current selected governors can agree on term limits and set a date for the second election in the future, then I believe we will be able to approve the DAO for $50K based on Regional DAO guidelines. Two tranches are immediately eligible for funding pending validation.

• $10k for translating open.harmony.one.

@giv @Sam

Bonjour tout le monde.
Ca à l’air cool!
Quel outil allons-nous utiliser pour traduire Harmony?

1 Like

Hi,

we accept the proposal.

• $10k for translating open.harmony.one .
  • $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
  • $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
  • $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.

"and if current selected governors can agree on term limits and set a date for the second election in the future, then I believe we will be able to approve the DAO for $50K based on Regional DAO guidelines. Two tranches are immediately eligible for funding pending validation.

• $10k for translating open.harmony.one ."

Also we need 10k for two meetups.
We are sponsor of metaverse summit next week & we will organise another meetup ASAP.

Request for start 30K.

Multisig:

0x78229ef68Fd95C373de73976AD76E732d779605D

Election term 3 month after reception of funds.

Thank you,
The French Connection DAO

5 Likes

funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

5 Likes

Thank you / Merci @lij :fr:

2 Likes

L’annonce sur D.tube et twitter

2 Likes

All regional daos are doing a great job by implementing mandates and deliverables set in accordance to Join #ONE of Our Regional DAOs

Since 2021 we’ve grown a lot and currently, we count numbers of regional daos approved. More are coming I believe.

Talking to many governors of regional daos we came up with the need to have weekly/bi-weekly sync calls where we will be able to share updates, experience and progress with the delivered tasks.

Let’s unite together and start Regional DAO All-hands calls!

What we need to do that is simple! let’s assign day of the week and time that will cover all of us.

Regional DAO Governor,

cc @Abraham

1 Like

@nickv What is the progress with this DAO? I see they got funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

Their Twitter has the following activity: https://twitter.com/HarmonyFrance

1 post May 17th, 1 retweet of a random NFT project on May 11th, a post on April 27th, a post on April 15th of a meetup

Their DAO was so popular that they got just 6 candidates
 Snapshot

Total expenses for 3 months had been planned for 75k USD

This DAO originally had 9 members
 and yet could only field 6 candidates for the Q2 2022 election.

There was supposed to be some kind of translation work that should have been completed by now. Where is this translation work posted? This includes videos and articles. There’s also supposed to be some kind of “big event” planned during ETHCC. That is coming up in 2 months. Any progress there? Also there were supposed to be some hackathons
 any progress there as well? @Abraham can you explain please?

Hi @GeorgeofEmmaInterest .

You need to read our proposal and the proposal of harmony.
We asked for 75k for do “our proposal” but we didn’t received X amount for our proposal but $30k*(*at the moment of the payment but better if you check the amount in ONE token because the price in dollars changed with the market conditions -50% ~one week after) for the proposal of “harmony” not “our proposal”. 10k for two events, 10k for 1k on Twitter, 1k for X translations.

Yes we did the translations, sponsored events and a lot of things, we did a report of all we did during this 3 months (1 by month in french and 1 in English at the end of the 3 months).

Yes this DAO worked.

Not with much support from harmony but he worked.

Why we had 6 members and not 9 members for the elections? Because 3 members didn’t had time to post their candidacy. So we organized another election. And now the french DAO have 9 members (not me I leaved the DAO few weeks ago).

For the Twitter account I created this Twitter one year ago before the DAOs existed in Harmony.
I didn’t heard anything when I was managing this account without DAO during months and for free. And now I will hear something because I don’t tweet enough? Lol
Also they’re is not only Twitter, we worked on telegram too.
Twitter less than 1k members before start the DAO, now +1.6k
Telegram less than 200 members before start the DAO, now + 350 members.
About Twitter:
I’ll give this account to the french DAO (if they want) but from my point of view don’t ask them to tweet for the moment because they didn’t get funded for the Q2. If they want to tweet they are free to do it, but nobody can ask to work for free.

If you need more informations you can contact the members of the French DAO. @Tr4ck3r @ONE4All @AlexONE0662 etc.

Have a good day.

3 Likes

Hi @GeorgeofEmmaInterest 
 I don’t know what kind of research you made before writing your post with an accusing tone, but you could find a lots of answers if you made some effort as everything we made was transparent and findable on our various social media:

So for some reason, you decided to pick on our DAO

We slowed down activity as the first mandate finished and we are not sure we’ll receive the funds for Q2.

Total expenses are way below 75k USD
 I don’t know where you get this number but it was way below that. I don’t have the exact number right now, but go and check our multisig:
https://multisig.harmony.one/#/safes/0x78229ef68Fd95C373de73976AD76E732d779605D/transactions

That’s right, 9 members. 6 candidates at first part, then 3 candidates for the second election a few days after.

The translation work is here:

Now the DAO is on pause as we are waiting from Harmony, funds for Q2.

3 Likes

I appreciate your update. However, you claim Harmony did not support
 because the price of ONE token went lower and there The French Connection DAO could not do more seems questionable. According to what you just wrote: things “slowed things down” recently. But, I think Harmony supported you a lot. Please, do not blame the price of ONE token going down as an excuse to slow down development. You got to use the logo name brand of Harmony. You could have leveraged it to make your DAO self-sustaining.

Any additional material that you translated? Any voiceovers for videos Harmony you made? Any teletext or other material you could provide? What about the massive amount of technical documentation that needs to be translated? How about reaching out to the Community DAO to do videos in French?

As for your supposed work

Take a look at this one:

It is literally just pics with some text in-between. I think taking all the work that has been done
 if you put it up for a vote to the community, a college student could have translated all the stuff on the link you sent. It’s really not that much text across the entire page of articles listed.

And, if you do not get funded
 you should contribute still. If you care – then you will help. Let’s focus on volunteering time rather than being paid for every single second and logging it into a timesheet. It is a fundamentally flawed assumption that:

1. ONE token should not go down past a point where a DAO needs to “care anymore” because if it goes down a lot, you are allowed to slow down development.
  2. Work stops because funding was paused???

Should a delay/gap of funding for a startup blockchain like Harmony – with its relatively small team – mean the DAO just waits around? During this bear market, when we need DAOs to contribute the MOST, you choose to be on the sidelines. If you truly care, just give help. Just give help for free. The community will repay you the respect by demanding the core team fund you.

1 Like

We blamed the team because the price went lower? Lol
Never!
So don’t say what we don’t say.
Have a good day.

2 Likes

Why did the work stop then?

Are you a troll?

Everyone worked on the mandates : translation, articles, events, community management, etc.
So you suppose it doesn’t impact the organization of events if the price of one is divided by 2 
?

Volunteer is fine too and we did many things for the harmony community for free.
Harmony decided to start DAOs and to reward people who invest their time and energy to help to grow the community. For me, it is fine, but if you have concerns you better ask the core team directly.

4 Likes

Guys. If the price is divided by two
 It is not the fault of the core team
I just can’t understand why you think if the price dropped by half then it gives you an excuse not to implement your roadmap. Your roadmap has things that don’t need money.

Are you joking ? Please read our past results from our last mandate and our objectives for the next mandate before making negative and unconstructive criticisms as you do.
Our work is over because our first mandate is finished. And we expect for our second mandate that harmony responds positively. That’s all. It is better to get information before criticizing like you do.
@GeorgeofEmmaInterest

4 Likes

So you cherry-picked and found a DAO allegedly better than us. Good for you.

Man, we are already contributing. You don’t even know us
 we’re validators, workers on various projects, moderators, french user supporters, troubleshooters.

I don’t know what happened to you this morning when you decided to attack us, but please do some research

1 Like

Wait, there’s a lot in your first mandate you haven’t finished yet. When will you finish it?

1 Like