Validator DAO Term 1 Funding Request

Not from me, no.

You still think it is cool to underpay some and not pay another anything?

None of this in anyway reflects what Harmony originally advertised which was 10 hours a week and to be decided by the governors / community and funded from staking rewards. A luxury that has been afforded to every Governor of every DAO (Even DAOs that have done 0 work for Harmony), except VDAO1.

Fair enough if you are changing things moving forward but that has nothing to do with VDAO1. We do not make decisions for Harmony.

Only Harmony are disagreeing with what we have done, not the governors and not the community.

I will ask again, why a vote ONLY for Vdao1 and not any other DAO? What was the purpose if Harmony had already made a decision NOT to pay? A decision that has been more than evident for a long time.

Every single other DAO got funded upfront and without question yet Harmony are coming down super hard on VDAO1.

What have VDAO1 done that is so bad that Harmony wishes to create such division?

I was going to write a lot but I preflare to think atm and at some point write a full DAO Research study

I read the whole thread btw.

Let me leave you you with some material of other that have worked on.

As The DAOist said we build on the shoulders of Giants and super hero’s. A Philosopher or a mathematician said something similar think in Ancient Greece I cant find then to reference the link atm .

Rome was not build in one day!

Social contract Ancient stuff Athenian Democracy started that stuff still have not got in right Social contract - Wikipedia

Integrated Social Contact Theory - a bit more 21st century web3 related
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/basr.12223

Stakeholder Theory - good read for starters for Governance.
Call Dr Edward Freeman he live in the US, ask him what he things of DAOs I would love to hear his response.

Finally let me leave you with this - Can you imagine what would have happened if teams and astronauts argued.
OK I know they could pay their bills so their focused was the mission but we are Web3 we need to invent Universal Income for all and build more.

1 Like

Not sure what your point is here?

If you make a mistake it is OK not to pay someone as agreed because it is a DAO?

1 Like

Apologise about the delay on tx transparency to the community. We fought with the multisig for a bit and then I got busy with an event in Austin for A DAO/TexasHarmonauts.

Easynode

JCR

Mars Initiative

Babylonode

https://explorer.harmony.one/tx/0x3229703200f9a6bc12d7a74b5e802bcbf98d72411ac806b19fba41d53cd6e0e7

Maffaz

https://explorer.harmony.one/tx/0x51377f3034a71b2d09a7fc8bce2a78d86d3a9fbec0423a846221efa438973b7a

2 Likes

Hello,

Now that the multi-sig is working properly, we need to discuss the remaining 387,962.55 ONE in funds that haven’t been paid out.

Babylon is still owed the stipend from pre-election.

We’ve only been paid out 58% of what was approved and requested. How can we move forward with paying out the remaining 42% and Babylon’s stipend that all other VDAO (and one non-vdao) members recieved?

For reference here’s the payments voted on and approved by the community:

babylon:
May - Still owed pre-election/may stipend from Harmony
June 22,606
July 39,397
August 29,698
Sept 17,017
Oct 6,212

Total: 114,930 + May

Mars:
June 45,213
July 39,397
August 29,698
Sept 14,096
Oct 6,212

Total: 134,616

jcr:
June 45,213
July 39,397
August 29,698
Sept 17,803
Oct 6,272

Total: 138,383

easynode:
June 45,213
July 39,397
August 29,698
Sept 16,575
Oct 6,212

Total: 137,095

Maffaz:
June 45,213
July 39,397
August 29,698
Sept 17,787
Oct 6,212

Total: 138,307

Total VDAO1 estimated pay: 663,331

3 Likes

100% not surprised this does not have a reply…

1 Like

Is Harmony going to pay what is owed?

3 Likes

@lij please do something about this! This is a bad look for Harmony. I see that funding is unpaused, lets start at the roots. If there is a reason to not pay VDAO term1 what they’re owed, it should be said. Enough is enough.

Guys, what a mess! You folks should definitely learn from our good friends from Blu3 DAO on how to get money from Harmony in a speedy manner and without getting the community involved, or even those silly KPIs that make everything boring!

Or maybe our beloved @BiancaGadelha can pop in and give some advice for free from her new shiny MacBook Pro founded with a grant intended to form a DAO about autism? She claims to be a DAO expert after all!

Hope it helps!

3 Likes

We still need to discuss the remaining 387,962.55 ONE in funds that haven’t been paid out.

Can anyone from the team chime in? Thanks!

Happy 1 year of DAOs on Harmony ONE @HarmonyValidatorDAO! Let’s get this one finished off.

@frwrdslosh @lij

4 Likes

Not gonna pretend to know who’s in the right or wrong here, but c’mon, this needs to be addressed by the team ASAP. Simply ignoring this isn’t going to make it go away.

A lot of people in other DAOs as well are losing confidence in the Harmony Team keeping their word. It’s pretty much become a running theme now. This is only gonna go on for so long before people hop on a different project (already happening).

4 Likes

Just want to chime in and let the grant team know how visible issues like these are, and how it drives current and future investors and builders away from our family.

2 Likes

I know someone from the core team said that the next Validators should take care of it from their budget. That is silly. Why make new term validators pay out of their budget for a term 1 validator DAO budget?

ASAP?

It’s been a year of this nonsense and Harmony still hasn’t paid what they owe

Maybe next year?

2 Likes

So much as i still have irritation from this cluster of incompetence I would still rather have the vdao supplied with the promised bootstrap funds that will ensure the vdao can be truly decentralised forever.

2 Likes

We won’t take funds from the VDAO treasury, this is so old it’s simply on Harmony at this point. We also made that clear in all of our posts above.

We’re almost at a year past due at this point but there’s some type of internal bias that keeps this from being completed as agreed upon by Harmony and the community via the approval vote.

4 Likes

You’re right. I understand. I think that’s the best way forward too.

2 Likes

@Maffaz :joy:

1 Like

Snapshot vote it under the new guidelines and we will support you! Make sure that it lasts 2+ weeks and that it uses the quadratic method!!

3 Likes

We already had a vote. It was overruled by harmony… even though it was harmony that demanded it…

“We were asked for a vote from the community. Voting ended 5 weeks ago, quorum was passed and it was unanimous.”

https://gov.harmony.one/#/dao-mainnet/proposal/QmXxJLDbJZ3RcuW5g2PuuhgEot3eihkNjiyYUJmU9YUaqs

4 Likes