Blu3 DAO Background
Today, while crypto and web3 space have garnered a lot of attention and interest from women, the barriers to entry remain extremely high.
Some of the serious Challenges include:
- The complexity of web3 – web3 is a new word and world - with a completely “new language,” “new technology,” and “new internet resources” that are not generally utilized by the public. It is overwhelming for any newcomer (not just women).
- Lack of security or increased scams – Women tend to be socially conditioned to be more risk-averse. Combined with the lack of understanding as well as increased risks or scammers, this causes women to avoid this space completely.
- Male-dominated industry – Finally, the overwhelmingly high number of men vs women ratio can make it hard for women, especially young women, to find communities and mentors where they feel valued and included. Harassment or unwanted advances have been experienced by many women attempting to learn about web3 in physical events, which makes it harder for them to feel empowered in the space. With most opportunities in this space coming from your network, women tend to miss out on a lot of these opportunities because, statistically, men are more likely to nominate and bring on other men into their projects.
Our name was inspired and founded as a result of Harmony’s Blue to Fly campaign. The butterfly is our symbol as it represents transformation and personal metamorphosis - shedding older identities and external expectations of society, oftentimes painful but necessary for personal growth so that we can build our strength to fly.
Blue is the color of empathy. In life, the thing that connects us most is our pain. With empathy, we’ll be able to be more understanding of each other’s situation and create more love and support for each other. Only then, we can build a better world together.
Blu3 Ecosystem overview
Blu3 DAO’s mission is to empower women to achieve financial freedom through learning, exploring, and building their careers and visions in the Web3 space. Our goal is to grow and diversify the crypto ecosystem by focusing on an end-to-end solution that is fair and frictionless. This includes onboarding, education, and direct deployment of women talents into Web3 - as users and leaders. We are an ALL-inclusive female-focused DAO, and open our arms to women, trans, non-binary, and allies.
- LEARN : Increase education and awareness of the web3 and crypto world
- EARN : Expand the female crypto labor market and investors
- PLAY : Create a fun and safe space for females to play and connect.
Miami Hacker House - Q2 2022
This proposal asks for funding for a Hacker House for Activate Miami 2022 . Blu3 DAO is also working in conjunction with Storj on sponsoring women scholars. The Hacker House will be a place to meet, engage and have thoughtful discussions with scholars and builders.
We have curated a unique but effective Blu3 DAO experience for our scholars and aim to replicate these accomplishments by working with more womxn thorough our partnerships with Harmony and Storj. Following our tremendous success at DevConnect/ETHAmsterdam, we would like to continue to sponsor strong hack teams to compete in hackathons around the world.
Blu3 DAO presents this funding proposal with the main objective of providing a central place for our womxn hack teams to collaborate during the Activate Hackathon happening in Miami during the week of May 16th 2022. With the results of each of the scholarships that we have received so far, we demonstrate that sponsoring inclusive communities leads to the development of a better ecosystem.
Women developers in web2 are searching for opportunities to move into web3 for their personal fulfillment, financial freedom, and freedom to innovate. We seek to help women build in this space by competing in and winning hackathons and completing developer bounties. Blu3 DAO and Harmony are also aligned with this initiative, where our scholars will have the opportunity to showcase their talents, contribute to technological growth in our ecosystems, and many for the first time experience a life-changing educational crypto conference experience.
Metrics and Goals for Blu3 DAO Miami Hacker House
- Working towards the Blu3 DAO Global vision, onboard 25+ womxn to our community through events participation and source potential future scholars and builders
- Host 1 panel and 1 technical workshop promoting Harmony and Storj technologies and diversity in web3 at the Hacker House for the wider hacker community
- Share opportunities to build through ZKUniversity or Open Harmony Bounties with womxn developers who are scholars and who we meet during the hackathon
- 7+ posts from official Blu3 DAO accounts tagging Harmony Protocol on Social Media during the Hacker House
- Operationalize a Blu3 Hack DAO (our developer DAO) to recruit and enable womxn developers
- Launch Blu3 DAO Miami and grow 50+ new community members on Telegram
A total of 16 womxn will be hacking towards innovation and radical social change through Blu3 DAOs partnership with Storj .
This grant will provide $12,000 for the hire of our Hacker House and will serve as as key meeting place for our scholars.
Total Budget and Proposal Ask = $12,000
Blu3 DAO Multisig Wallet Address: 0xC5768ee2630d7FCDAC7c2d4B19a3a3621f6F8E6E