Dear Harmony Community,
The ValidatorDAO Term 4 election is in!
1. Election results
- We had 27 Validators vote between 12 candidates, with 1 candidate that withdrew their application – CoinChowder. Results are seen below or here
- The 9 Signatories for Term 4 are: PiStake, Hound, PeaceLoveHarmony.one, Crypt0Tech, Titus.one, Affinity Shard, Symphony.one, James – StakeIt.ONE and QuickOne_Validator.
2. Elected Signatories for Term 4 and associated roles
- Elected Signatories for Term 4 (18 Apr 2022 – 18 Jul 2022) (13 weeks from 18 Apr 2022)
- @PiStake - Secretary, Treasury and Twitter Space (also backup host for Sunday 9PM EST twitter space)
- @HoundOne_Validator - Guides & Docs, Secretary, Data & Graphics and Treasury
- @PeaceLoveHarmony - Participation, Validator Initiative, Data & Graphics and Twitter Space
- @CryptoTech - Participation, Validator Initiative, Secretary, Guides & Docs and Treasury
- @Altocryptotitus - Guides & Docs and Validator Initiative
- @AffinityShard - Participation, Guides & Docs, Landing Page, Secretary and Data & Graphics
- @Symphony.One - Guides & Docs, Data & Graphics
- @StakeIt.ONE - Participation, Guides & Docs, Twitter Space and Landing Page
- @QuickOne_Validator - Participation, Validator Initiative, Secretary, Guides & Docs, Treasury and Twitter Space
3. Overview of the Validator DAO’s Mandates & Deliverables for Q2 2022 (Term 4)
The Validator DAO is tasked with and trusted to represent, expand, secure and strengthen the Harmony community. This is done while supporting the Harmony Protocol and Network.
The Validator DAO Mandates:
- Decentralization: bootstrap thousands of elected validators, grow diverse validator profiles.
- Security: support high staking rate, promote security practices and tooling.
- Participation: facilitate protocol upgrade proposals, recruit votes for improvements.
The Validator DAO’s Deliverables for Q2 2022 (Term 4):
- Increase participation in meetings, discussions, events and voting.
- Validator Bootstrap initiative - Bring online, maintain and promote this initiative.
- Pave the way for the VDAO in being self sufficient. Enable multisig staking functionality of the VDAO multisig wallet.
- Integrate the use of more DAO Tools to make VDAO more efficient and organized.
- Possibly migrate governance voting system after feasibility review.
4. Multi-sig Wallet and Payment Structure
Harmony Validator DAO Treasury Address:
- Harmony ONE Native format: one1zw4yd6xgx79af3z5d93tke5ntemrqdjd4qpjfl
- Native ETH format: 0x13aa46e8c8378bd4c4546962bb66935e7630364d
Owner’s of the Multi-sig Wallet:
- PiStake - 0xB5944759079B58Fb507935F7549b1d39fE716fC7
- HoundOne - 0xAcF55BeC11D38A1a13dAa13668032CaA2ca59c2D
- PeaceLoveHarmony.one - 0x53d2ae319920Cf1Ea1Ef754e91150d6C356a815d
- Crypt0Tech - 0x636A6aC54b1230903FfCd38AD5a22491cbB798c8
- Titus.one - 0x3d1a3FFcA0a0DF2e311A86DE81e01bC2C026892e
- Affinity Shard - 0x1b7fdd0506667e4a3970d9a27be3060c9971F5A5
- Symphony.one - 0xFDbF61d09bFAd5B38963369eaC44F26Fa83B8F73
- James – StakeIt.ONE - 0x45879d5626939db29008Fbd33cb1a418929548eF
- QuickOne_Validator - 0x62a6DFD33A96ed23bE7044FCa30369dBD1912d71
The new signatories will track their working hours through clockify and publish the Timesheet and Payroll here on talk.
For working hours we will use $75/hr, up to 10hr/week on a bi-weekly basis and with a 24-hour volume-weighted average price using the Binance API (“weightedAvgPrice”) around the time of transfer.
5. Proposal ask
- $100,000 for the 9 council members for the elected term of 13 weeks.
- Twitter: Harmony Validator DAO
- Talk: Harmony Validator DAO
- Medium: Harmony Validator DAO
- Discord: Harmony Validator DAO Server
- Telegram: Harmony Validator DAO Group
- GitHub: Harmony Validator DAO
As elected signatories, we are all humbled by our peers for choosing us to represent, maintain and change the Harmony Validator DAO. The new term was transferred along to many new signatories that are now part of the VDAO, offering their breadth of knowledge, time and expertise. The voting and transfer process could not have been a reality without the foundation put in place by our previous colleagues from Term 3 and before.
The tasks ahead for Term 4 will pose many challenges for the team as there are many questions that are unanswered for the Community and the Network. Some being: Will the long overdue Bootstrap become live, how will multisig staking work, and how will future Terms be funded?
Nobody has the answers to the above questions and there are still many more unanswered. We humbly ask for your input and participation on these matters put forth as we all strive to build, support and onboard for the Harmony Ecosystem.
In our first meeting the VDAO came together to discuss roles, deliverables and the future Terms for this DAO. We are not a closed off entity and wish to foster the growth of the VDAO and Harmony. Without everyone’s knowledge and dedication none of this would be possible. We would like to again, thank the previous Terms and the community for all of their input and wish to continue working with each and every one of you going forward