zk15Puzzle is based on a well known sliding puzzle game dating back all the way from late 1800ths now it made its way onto the blockchain, leveraging zero-knowledge proofs to keep the game secure and honest.
The application is based on this coding challenge by thecodingtrain:
The UI is inspired by the 15Puzzle shown in this video:
The challenges shown in the video are already written and to be implemented.
This MVP has the famous 15Puzzle. The focus was on:
- bringing it to web3
- making it playable
- creating proofs using snarkjs
- verify move on-chain (also move-circuit but not fast enough for good UX)
- solidity verification of winning board
In the next version I want to enable users to upload and create random boards/ challenges with included scripts, that can be uploaded to the smart contract and each board will have highscores linked.
Users can play a board that when solved allows the user to mint an NFT.
In the next version more blockchain/ zero knowledge feutures will be added/ explored to add competitiveness and make it more attractive/ improve UX.
- exploring the possibilities of zk and blockchain.
- simple games can help learning when learning complex technology for future projects
- introduce blockchain and zero knowledge proofs to a wide audience
- exploring possibilities with NFTs
- fun if you like puzzles
- challenge friends and family to get higher scores
- win prizes by doing competions, challenges or challenge others
- This is a game that is simple and well known. It could be an introduction to the blockchain and zero knowledge proofs in a fun way.
I have not found a sliding puzzle incoporating zero knowledge proofs or on the blockchain yet. The aim is to have it be complete, safe and secure so it can be stored and accessed on the blockchain instead of on the shelf.
zkSlidingPuzzles was established to be community-driven and self-funded by the DAO in a bid to bring privacy to the DAOs. In order to get this up and running, we will be requesting the $15k/year stable basic income to take care of initial development, welfare and operations costs.
This ask will be in line with the laid down milestones as detailed below
- launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
- forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
- launching on our mainnet with audit
- attracting 1k daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
- attracting 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)
|Testnet launch||June 1th||Done|
|Beta Testing and Fixes||June 30th||Pending|
|Mainnet Launch||July 30th||Pending|
|Smart Contract Audit||Sept 30th||Pending|
- NFT artwork
- simple sounds
- custom images by users
- competitions, challenges, incentives
- replace pseudo random solidity funcion with VRF/ VDF
- 5*5 (24Puzzle)
- fully onchain on Harmony mainnet