An investigative experimental report for Web3 website development

Name of Project / DAO / Company

An investigative experimental report for Web3 website development.

Application type

Bounty and Income

Proposal overview

Further to my other proposals I emailed I would like to propose a solo investigative project with a written report to be posted in public.

To my knowledge Web2 only interacts with Web3 apps and contracts. So far, I have not encountered a functional pure Web3 website. I understand that are web browser compatibility issues. IPFS seems a promising start used by Unstoppable Domains however there is no functionality that a web site can operate as it does on WEB2

Below are some comments in the last 6 days from Reddit that support my assumptions regarding Web3 websites.

“I did a search and found a good few posts from the last few years. Most of them have shutdown.

I am wondering if there are certain pain points or impediments to decentralised social networks that I’m missing.

I am going to develop a social networking side to my application and have considered using IPFS to store messages/posts……. “

“In general, features that are readily available in a traditional file system or centralized storage application (google drive, dropbox, etc) are not readily available in IPFS. Specifically, I’ve reduced this to four key categories:

1) Indexability/Searchability: IPFS is not a search engine and is not intended to act as one. There is not an easy way to identify or track data in IPFS without a CID.

2) Security and Privacy : When data is hosted in a decentralized network it is available to any node in the network. There are no permissions and no encryption.

3) Availability and Replication: Availability of any CID in the network is not guaranteed, and approaches to ensuring it is are not necessarily decentralized.

4) Governance: There are no native governance options………

”

I am proposing to do an investigative study to see what is out there. Investigate and find the latest developments on decentralised file sharing and the NFT app technology that potentially can offer security and anonymity as well as web2 style functionality.

The sturdy will be across all blockchains. However, the report will focus brining a Web3 solution to be implemented on Harmony Protocol.

I will also contact any developers, DAOs or business to consider bringing their apps to Harmony to help create a browsable indexable as well as cloud file storing and sharing WEB3 ecosystem similar to server based web2.

The research will have some practical experiments and I will attempt to create a web3 page that will include file storage and sharing. If over $10K is agreed I will spend more time on this experimenting and asking others to contribute to the experiments.

Even if the attempt fails the experiment results will be recorded in the report.

The research and report will be written partially as an academic paper with links and references, however it will be easy to read for anyone that wishes to know more or further their research and development.

In the conclusions and suggestions there will be extensive practical suggestions and recommendations for the implementation of concepts that relate to Harmony Protocol

The paper will be published on MEDIUM.

Despite the study will be across the blockchain board, the aim is to bring attention to Harmony.

I wish to instigate an interest for developers and suggest projects as well as trigger potential new developments all implemented on Harmony

I wish to gather and present as many as possible findings in one place where developers can use as a launch pad and a reference hence adding the development of the Web3.

Proposal ask

Suggested Fee $10K to $20K

Proposed fee payment $1k to $1.5 for overheads (experiments, gas fees, servers etc) + $1.5K to $2K total $3K pay at the start of the project and the remaining upon completion.

Expected Duration 4-6weeks, 15 Working days assuming fee agreed at $10K

Metrics for success

I believe Harmony will benefit by further exposure and potentially to be seen as a blockchain that can offer the “hosting” of the decentralised internet.

Furthermore, help Harmony attract more developers instigating web2-web3 collaborations.

I will also use this study and present it to the local University and ask them to support further study, R&D and host a Harmony node.

External links

N/A

Community Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • More info needed
0 voters

For “More info needed”, please Reply to ask your question

@drspinosa hey Adam, good to see you here. This looks more suitable to be a Basic (Income) DAO. Can you explore this a bit further through that route? Checkout this post below and please come back to us with which track you’d think would be most suitable. Thanks!

Hi @Jacksteroo

Thanks for your reply and recommendation. Just a little bit confused as to how can I apply in general.
I have read almost all links from https://open.harmony.one and the one you are suggesting above.

I have send an email to hello@harmony.one a few days ago where I propose another 5 projects

Including this one so far I am proposing 6 projects of which 2 are the continuation of already finished HarmonyPay WP plug project from the last Hacathon see www.harmonypay.one

I am trying to make each project an entity that can have a result however connecting with the rest of the projects as well as the wider Harmony ecosystem. I am also constantly observing other project and looking for potential collaborations.

To write all projects and my overall idea just in a thread here could be lengthy and possibly overwhelming to the readers.
If you wish I can write a longer reply bellow including the other project proposal.

I am siting at the Web3 fringes and all my projects have a common theme. Building a major bridge from TraFi to Defi based on e-commerce payment system, financial transactions and a protocol that seamlessly possess Fiat <–> Crypto transactions on the fly without the end users even knowing what DEX, DAO, burning tokens, slippage etc etc all these are.

I am offering my 2 years work setting up this market place market.dezigne.co.uk as a practical test bed for ideas that can generate some income as well.
Already HarmonyPay is fully working on the mainnet there accepting ONE and HRC20 tokens
I have set up a Limiter Liability Partnership as well as a Limited Company that I am happy to share more information.

I also have set up an NPO (Non for Profit Origination Limited company) where its was operating like a mini local (Core + DAOs) I am happy to share my 10y experience on that.
Anyway my point is with this NPO I brought teams together to run events one of them was STORE51
links below just ask me any questions
The Nottingham Workshop
Store51

Based on that experience i wish to use the high-street or local markets as a testbed to implement Crypto payment systems, do launch events in UK and even run a pop up shop in a major city in mid/ late 2022 showcasing DeFi, Harmony and the payment systems.
All in a format that is easily digestible from the TradFi and non financial or crypto savvy demographic.

Coming back to this project. This is the smallest of all 6 and I will deliver it.
This is a specific project with specific deliverables which I can expand if anyone wishes
to know more. This is just a small step from my over all proposal. A proposal that is dynamic and will evolve working with the latest advances on WEB3 and DeFi.

I am asking a bit for your help here. Should I continue adding information in this thread. If not, please give me an exact link where I can present all 6 projects.

I wish to start a dialogue and see where it can go. I would like to build a team and partnerships and eventually set up a tech blockchain payments company.
The dialogue will include projects delivered in modules and keep growing.

Looking forward to your and the community feedback and questions

Cheers
Adam

UPDATE Note:
If Required MultiSig Wallet address ready to create a new safe with collaborators and core team
0xffcd47068f3eba0a87de6e9d150e45a611404777

I’m going to quickly interject,

I’m building a GoLang Server into IPFS that will provide the dapp through web3 DOM. This will have information with contracts layered over the front end that is displayed. To make a API call to the site, the user is pulling from the server that lives on IpFs. Build a decentralized server and make calls to it, and store you website inside of it. Making a smart, contract micro chain solution.

@BoGani.net Sounds interesting, I might need to acquire a bit more knowledge on what you mention but
if you wish to share more info dm me. Ideally I want to create an e-shop on WEB3 but I think there is a need for an infrastructure to be developed first within a blockchain (or better multi blockchain) hence this proposal for a study to get the ball rolling for further projects.

We need to do a better job to explain the process so I apologize for the confusion.

For all funding proposals, please review the guidelines and make sure the chosen track applies and be clear which track you have chosen. Proposals for product ideas are out of scope since we are looking for feature-complete projects or at least a prototype ready to launch on testnet.

For income proposals, you also need to make sure you specify which track you are applying for. Bear in mind these are for contributions to Harmony and the projects are managed and prioritized by the core team.

My suggestion is to either work on this in your own time or wait until the Research DAO is up and running and join that initiative or request funding from them.

Cheers

3 Likes