Odyssey DAO - Quality Web3 Education

Name of DAO

Odyssey DAO

Proposal overview

We are creating more learning paths, protocols, and platform tutorials to help onboard people. We are also working on localized technical and non-technical education and tutorials in native languages.

What stage of the product or idea are you (and your team) at?

We are creating ongoing learning paths, protocols, and platform tutorials. In 3 months, we:
• Won Product Hunt’s Best Education Product of 2021 award
• Launched free Intro to Web3, NFT, DeFi, and DAO learning paths
• Localized to at least 10 native languages
• Launched people of web3 and web3 company profiles
• Landed top web3 partners such as Polygon, Thirdweb, Phantom, and Aave
• Led events and workshops such as build a web3 career, no-code NFT drops, and future of wallets.

Proposal ask

We are seeking for help for a $20k grant in exchange for:

1. Content guide that will be published on our site and for public goods. Showcase the potential of technology and add use cases on how to get started
  2. Dedicated page, a placement on the landing page, and web3 companies
  3. Add a profile under people of web3
  4. Promotion on social and email our newsletter subscribers (12k+)
  5. Option to do an event or community workshop to increase awareness of the product
  6. Option to localized technical and non-technical education and tutorials including Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japense, Portuegese, and German

Metrics for success

For the first 30 days upon grant approval:

1. 20k user views on our site
  2. 50k Impressions on social
  3. 12k email subscribers reached
  4. 100 event attendees

Given the permanent placement, the page visits will increase over time as we build more educational content.

External links

More info: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. @frwrdslosh please review.

1 Like

Hello @marktanft

Thank you for submitting your proposal for a DAO grant.

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we are reviewing your proposal.

Our review process is fairly straight-forward. All grants come into our pipeline as Uncategorized. Once we have established what sort of grant they are (i.e. Launch Grant, Partnership, DAO, etc) we move them to the In Review stage.

The following stage is Need Info and this is where the community and the Funding Team and/or DAO Operations team asks for further information and makes sure that the proposal is in the proper format. This is usually the stage that takes the longest so, if you are looking to accelerate your grant process, ensuring that your request is in the proper format is the best advice we can give.

Once the proper information is gathered, the proposal moves into the To Approve category where the Funding Team and/or DAO Operations team gathers three "Strong Yes"s for approval.

Once those votes of confidence have been gathered, we announce the approval and request that the grantee fills out the Grant Funding form.

Currently, your proposal is in the Review stage. I also encourage you to visit our DAO Funding Guidelines. A proposal cannot be approved until the proposal meets the criteria necessary. Please note, that if a proposal meets the criteria it does not guarantee approval.

And on a separate note, I would love to know your thoughts as to why you chose a DAO grant for your project. Is Odyssey currently a DAO? Please share relevant links to your DAO/project Social Media pages.

:blue_heart:

Thank you, will review. To answer your last question, yes we are a DAO.

https://twitter.com/odyssey_dao

We are open to both short to long-term partnerships.

Btw, can we edit the original post? Unable to find a way to update. Full details here: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

Please feel free to include updates here in the thread, my friend!

1 Like

Following up here @marktanft

Thanks for the follow-up! I’ll work with the team to refine the value prop. Got some good insights on what can be helpful. Give us time and will provide update next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, my friend. Take your time on the updates. I have a quick update from Harmony for you as well:

The Harmony DAO Ops team will resume approvals and funding on May, 1st. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we learn best practices and navigate the proposal process. In the meantime, please take a look at the updated DAO Funding Guidelines.

note: this comment is not an approval of the proposal

Following up on this proposal with another update from Harmony. . .

All approvals and proposals for DAO Bootstrap Funding are still paused. This is a temporary measure. Please do not let this dissuade you and your team from building. Stay tuned for another update regarding DAO Bootstrap Funding :soon:

note: this comment is not an approval of this proposal.

Hey @marktanft

The Harmony DAO Ops team has decided to decline this proposal.

We have found over the past year of DAO operations that the organizations that don’t start with a large, dedicated community and a goal to fund themselves tend to have very low success rates. They tend to have a hard time recruiting additional community support and tend to bring limited value to the overall Harmony ecosystem.

The bar to receive a DAO bootstrap grant is now higher than it has been historically. In order to receive a bootstrap grant going forward, DAOs will need to evidence a high level of transparent reporting, robust community involvement and a business plan that reflects a commitment to self-funding. Further guidelines are being finalized and should be released in the coming week.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAO’s patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination.

Do not let this dissuade you or your DAOs passion to build on Harmony. Harmony is integrating new tools to help build a robust DAO ecosystem. I’m looking forward to your success.

This thread will be closed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.