Application: Contributor Position (DAO)

#ONEbasicDAO

Chosen track

[Contributor]

About

My passion for technology has been reignited by Web3 advances and blockchain & my goal is to return fulltime to the technology space, where I can play a part in society’s transformation to mass adoption.

I am a passionate & dedicated, process-focused professional with direct, extensive experience in various related industries. This gives me a multi-dimensional view of the job at hand & allows me to continuously improve on an efficient, systems-based approach.

I thrive on continuous learning, helping people & problem solving, & push myself to achieve for those who depend on me daily.

I am currently travelling in Spain (Camino del Norte) and along the way I have been working on a whitepaper for a DAO project, one that I think is necessary to turn a struggling industry around. While in the process of researching and writing that paper, I have become obsessed with the concept of the Decentralized Autonomous Organization model and how it can play a part in improving processes and lives in the coming months and years.

My primary goal is to assist as a part-time contributor with the DAO core team, while I continue to work on the whitepaper. However, I would be happy to be onboarded and contribute wherever required, seeing and believing in the longer-term goals for DAO on Harmony and in the future of Web3, in general.

Formal Harmony Cover Letter

DWBaker - Harmony CV

Thank you for the opportunity and I look forward to hearing from the Harmony team soon.

Sincerely,
Douglas

1 Like

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

1 Like

Thank you! Appreciate the quick response. I look forward to hearing from @Mattyontap!

Also, would be glad to hear from anyone in the community with questions or for general Harmony/blockchain discussion.

Best,
Douglas

Hey Douglas! It is great to hear from you. I can sense your passion for web3, and I enjoyed reading through your resume. At this time, we are not hiring new contributors - though I know this is temporary. I would encourage you to stay in touch and spend time within our community, as that often leads to great opportunities. Additionally, I would encourage you to join our Discord - this is a great place to connect with DAOs and projects in the Harmony ecosystem where you may find opportunities.

I look forward to your growth and welcome you to chat with me anytime on Telegram.

Matty

Thanks for your quick reply. I’ll definitely continue to seek opportunities here and will look further into some of the DAOs. Will be in touch through one or both of the channels mentioned, as well.

Cheers!
Douglas

1 Like