Attract and onboard developers to the Harmony platform and create great user experience for the dApps developers with user-friendly documentation for developers

Name of Event/Project

Attract and onboard developers to the Harmony platform and create great user experience for the dApps developers with user-friendly documentation for developers

Gamify documentation to educate and onboard developers on the Harmony platform and encourage developers to learn and develop decentralized apps

Provide technical content writing and UX writing services to attract and onboard developers to the Harmony platform and create great user experience for the dApps developers

Event/Project name:

Attract and onboard developers to the Harmony platform and create great user experience for the dApps developers by providing user-friendly documentation for developers

Proposal overview

My idea is in the initial stage. It does not exist on any other chain. I do not have any users. However, I aim to have 350 to 650 users initially and then grow to 2500 plus users.

This proposal is about offering my services as a UX researcher, UX writer, and technical writer, community manager. I would like to engage, inspire, educate, and connect Web3, blockchain, Harmony enthusiasts with the capabilities of the Harmony protocol. I would network and attract new programmers and educate, onboard, encourage them to learn and develop decentralized apps on the Harmony ecosystem.

I would conduct user research and find out pain points of the programmers who develop apps on Ethereum and other blockchain platforms.

What is OnBoardonHarmony?

OnBoardonHarmony platform helps attract and onboard developers to the Harmony platform and create great user experience for the dApps developers with user-friendly documentation for developers.

OnBoardonHarmony helps grow the adoption of the Harmony protocol and platform and make it a platform of choice. It helps build real world solutions that are secure, scalable, and affordable to use.

Users of the Harmony Protocol: OnBoardonHarmony platform onboards developers and users on the Harmony platform in the most user-friendly manner. Users quickly and easily understand the idea and goal of the Harmony platform and discover the best web3 and dApps projects on OnBoardonHarmony with this learning material:

• Gamified Harmony user onboarding material such as carousels by employing gamification, instructional designing, and user experience techniques.
  • Engaging and delightful UX copy and UI design for the Harmony apps or websites that converts visitors to loyal Harmony customers.
  • Engaging user and customer onboarding interfaces and carousels, and voice and text-based chatbots.

For Harmony projects — OnBoardonHarmony is the most attractive and delightful user acquisition platform for dApp developers and users. Harmony gets more informed developers and novice users for its innovative projects and grants.

What will we build on Harmony?

On the Harmony websites and mobile apps, we would:

• Create GIFs, teasers, cartoons, videos, social media posts to lure programmers from other blockchain development platforms to the Harmony platform.
  • Gamify and make existing and new content and user interface extremely easy, engaging, and interesting by using gamification, instructional designing, and user experience techniques
  • Create user onboarding material such as carousels.
  • Create UX copy for the new apps or websites of Harmony and enhance the UX copy and the UI design of the existing apps or website, provide innovative UX solutions to delight your customers and make them a fan of your services, we do it all and more for you in the domain of UX writing.
  • Craft the perfect user interfaces with a call-to-action that converts visitors to loyal customers.
  • Create user and customer onboarding interfaces and carousels, and voice and text-based chatbots.
  • Create various types of paid and free online learning material such as online courses to promote the Harmony platform.
  • Make development of decentralized apps easy by writing technical documentation for programmers such as dApps programmers guide, getting started guide, and other documentation required by programmers.
  • Build and manage a dedicated and connected community of Harmony programmers and Harmony enthusiasts.
  • Conduct short and quick surveys and get new subscriptions.
  • Write technical blogs, whitepapers, and other technical documentation.
  • Create technical documentation from the existing YouTube videos about Harmony protocols and ecosystem.
  • Write blog posts and guest posts on different Developer blogs.
  • Seek feedback from developers using feedback forms and other mechanisms.
  • Host webinars and offline promotional events
  • Run online campaigns,
  • Help new and existing yield farmers and stakers learn how to do yield farming, staking, and swapping between blockchains easily in a faster, economical, and user-friendly way by providing documentation, the Harmony Protocol Bridge tutorial, and by using different learning technologies, techniques, and tools.
  • Incentivize the participants and programmers with the help of Harmony staff.
  • Inform participants and programmers about the freebies and bounties offered by Harmony.

How this will benefit the blockchain and dApps developers and users?

Problem faced by blockchain dApps developers :

In general, blockchain apps are not scalable and fees to deploy and manage applications rise sharply.

Solution by Harmony :

Harmony provides near-instant finality and low transaction fees.

Harmony provides a platform to make it easy for developers to build and scale creative, intuitive decentralized applications (dApps) that enable frictionless, cross-chain token swaps. The Harmony blockchain is an independent blockchain designed to enable ultra-fast transactions and interoperability as an advanced layer-2 solution for Ethereum. It is powered by the Harmony ONE token.

Harmony helps optimize scalability of dApps using sharding method and secure staking with decentralized randoms.

Harmony offers a high-throughput, low latency, low-fee solution for dApps to create NFTs such as in-game assets, fungible tokens such as credits and bonus points. Developers can cover the transaction and storage fees using the ONE token. They can also stake the ONE token to earn rewards by contributing to the Consensus protocol called the Effective Proof of Stake (EPOS). Harmony helps run transactions parallely to prevent bottlenecks. Harmony also allows you to send other tokens to other users.

We create engaging and delightful overall user experience (UX) and educate and convert visitors on the Harmony websites and mobile apps to loyal users and customers of the Harmony protocol and platform.

Aim of the Harmony project:

Educate the public about the capabilities of the Harmony protocol and network and attract new programmers to develop decentralized apps in the Harmony ecosystem. Build a dedicated, connected community from the ground-up, working and learning together to make decentralized apps and decentralized finance (DeFi) accessible to all.

Harmony uses a unique consensus algorithm known as Effective Proof-of-Stake (EPoS). The consensus mechanism incorporates improved innovations of the Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT) to create the Fast BFT (FBFT).

This allows near-instant finality and low transaction fees.

Harmony helps simplify the user experience for cross-chain activity for crypto projects.

Pain points of blockchain programmers

Using my documentation skills, I can help solve the following pain points of blockchain programmers:

#1) Blockchain apps are not scalable and fees to deploy and manage applications rise sharply.

Solution by Harmony:

I can explain this solution provided by Harmony using different channels of communication:

Harmony helps optimize scalability of dApps using sharding method and secure staking along with decentralized randoms.

Harmony offers a high-throughput, low latency, low-fee solution for NFTs such as in-game assets, fungible tokens such as credits and bonus points. The transaction and storage fees are covered and adjusted using the ONE token. You can also stake the ONE token to earn rewards by contributing to the Consensus protocol called the Effective Proof of Stake (Epos). Harmony helps run transactions parallely to prevent bottlenecks. Harmony allows you to send other tokens to other users from across different blockchains.

Why Use Harmony Blockchain?

Harmony’s mission is to solve practical problems and make blockchains more usable. Some of the problems of existing blockchains were slow processing of transaction, low scalability, and high transaction fees. Harmony uses sharding to make transactions faster. Harmony provides interoperability makes it easy to share data, and have decentralized markets, gaming, and DeFi.

The USP of the Harmony protocol is its feature of near-instant processing of transactions (achieves finality within two seconds), that is, within two seconds a new node added to the blockchain is validated and accepted by other nodes in the blockchain and Harmony offers low transaction fees.

Effective Proof-of-Stake (Epos) enables improved interoperability, scalability, security, and instant transaction speed to achieve finality, within two secs and 100 % lower transaction fees.

In July 2020, Harmony announced a grant scheme offering $7 million to various developers building on the Harmony blockchain. Harmony has a strategic focus on seven areas of development, including decentralized applications (dApps), portals, ZKProof, and community. In addition to this, the firm also offers grants over a six-week period following milestones of development. The first week starts with application deployment on the testnet, with the sixth week finishing by gathering market feedback from the application deployed on the Harmony mainnet. There have been 12 successful grants given so far.

Why is Harmony doing this?

The ultimate goal is to grow the adoption of the Harmony protocol to be the platform of choice while building real world solutions that are secure, scalable and affordable to use. This naturally comes with increased utility and adoption of the protocol, achieving the mission of Harmony delivered to the 10 billion people.

How is Harmony funding this?

Harmony is funding this by expanding and interoperating with the most reputable smart contract-enabled blockchains in the industry.

Harmony is a popular sharding blockchain platform focused on propounding lasting solutions to scalability and high transaction problems. To solve this, Harmony uses the Effective Proof-of-Stake (EpoS) consensus mechanism.

The protocol facilitates staking and rewards stakers.

What is our progress?

We have not yet started. Currently, we have prepared this proposal.

What is on the roadmap?

In addition to developing UX copy and content for Harmony, we plan to provide consultancy to improve the UX design of the Harmony websites and mobile apps.

What is our launch plan?

We plan to reach users through the Harmony websites and mobile apps using different innovative UX techniques and mediums, communities, and social media channels.

• Co-marketing with partners on Twitter, Discord, and so on.
  • Public campaigns on TechCrunch and Forbes advertising the launch of the OnBoardonHarmony platform.
  • Social ad campaigns across Instagram, Twitter, Discord, and so on.

What help do we need?

Feedback : To ensure we reach all the potential users of the Harmony and all Harmony projects reach the blockchain developers, we would need Harmony team to let us know the areas where Harmony want more attention and focus from the blockchain developers. The areas they want to gamify, make UX copy and UI design engaging and delightful, and need the customer onboarding interfaces and carousels, and voice and text-based chatbots.

Proposal ask

Funding amount requested

Initially, we would need USD 98000 for creating a DAO, hiring and paying a team of UX researchers, UX designers, UX Writers, and UX experts, and for creating different learning and promotional materials, onboarding material for developers and dApps and Web3 enthusiast.

Metrics for success

We would be hosting online webinars and meet-ups for around 150-200 Web3 and Harmony ONE enthusiasts.

We would implement different learning, UX, gamification, and marketing strategies to make Harmony ONE the most loved and most sought-after blockchain platform and protocol for interoperability.

• Use different tools from HubSpot and other tools to market, track, seek feedback, promote, and create a system of continuous improvement and value addition and create effective documentation and promotional material for the developer community.
  • Check the effectiveness of the guest posts on different Developer blogs.
  • Use feedback forms and other mechanisms to seek feedback from the developer communities.
  • Creating onboarding and learning material, social media posts, writing technical blogs, hosting webinars, and by building and managing the Harmony ONE community.
  • Branding kit or marketing materials.
  • Make decentralized apps and decentralized finance (DeFi) accessible to all using my writing skills.
  • Promotion of “Company” on my social media, marketing materials etc.
  • Creating a Telegram channel where the company could share the details/ opportunity/ further updates.
  • Slot during my webinars for representatives of the “company” to speak about the company.
  • Speakers for the meetup. (optional)

External links

My UX Writing Portfolio :

https://innovativeuxsolution.com

My Writing samples :

https://freelanceforcoins.com/offers/2651

Braintrust World’s Best Platform that Pays 100 % to Freelancers

https://screenrant.com/author/vinay-bhagat/

My LinkedIn profile as Technical Writer:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vinay-bhagat-58951010

My LinkedIn profile as User Experience (UX) Writer:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vinay-bhagat-79b831215

https://read.cash/@VinayBhagat/post-964a99b2

Hi @vinaydbhagat, and welcome. Thank you for sharing your proposal with Harmony.

How big is your current team, and what are your roles/expertise?

We currently have a developer growth guild managing some of these tasks. If they have an area of need, would you be open to completing certain tasks as bounties on an ad-hoc basis rather than forming a DAO and hiring a full team?

Matty

Hi Matty,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I am open to your suggestion of working with the Harmony team on ad-hoc tasks instead of forming a DAO.

Currently, we do not have any team. However, if required, I can get a team together.

Thanks and regards,
Vinay Bhagat Senior UX Writer

@vinaydbhagat thank you for your reply. I will decline this proposal for now, but will keep your information on file in the event our dev growth team needs assistance.

Matty