Call for Candidates: Creative DAO

@Sam can we create the subforum as mentioned by @BRUNO so candidates can write their nomination in?

3 Likes

@Sam I posted here, but lmk if you create a specific subforum for candidates.

7 Likes

Glad to see a field of talented individuals :heart_eyes:

I would like to invite more when is and closing date to submit candidacy post ?

3 Likes

I think you’re looking for someone like me.

About myself, I have a degree in Visual Arts with an emphasis in Photography from The University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC). I also have a minor in Computer Science. I intended to be a web designer, but I ended up pursuing a career in wedding photography (Steven C. Bloom Photography | Wedding Photographers - The Knot). I loved the independence I had. I did this for several years, won some accolades. I ended up burning out, moved onto the corporate world for job stability and reliable income. I mostly used Lightroom for editing, made and ran my entire website, did my own design work.

First stop was Pearson Online & Blended Learning. My department was responsible for integrating lesson plans made in Microsoft Word and inputting them into their CMS. Additionally used Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and tagged pdfs in Acrobat for WCAG standards. In my free time, I made an app in javascript that input the Word lesson document output the correct html and completed most of the job. A lot of regex. (https://gitlab.com/bloomin711/mammace). It wasn’t adopted by the company despite its major efficiencies and cost-saving. I ended up moving on because of this.

I went onto TEKsystems in Hanover, MD as a Project Operations Associate. I was responsible for accurate revenue capture, so a lot of Excel work. I ended up getting promoted to a Business Process Analyst on the Center of Excellence team. Even more excel work, some SQL, Peoplesoft. I started at the beginning of the pandemic, but also burned out at the end of 2020.

I’ve since stepped away from the workforce, focusing on my mental health. I discovered smart contract and dapps during the r/wallstreetbets fallout early in 2021. I had dismissed bitcoin when much younger – I did not get money then though, and I didn’t think proof of work was a great consensus method. This entire year has been completely dedicated to crypto. I “did my own research” and I can proudly say I live and breathe Harmony now – like obsessively.

I asked myself how can I contribute. My coding is not up to par. I don’t have much liquidity. So, I decided to try to engage with the community on Twitter (@bloomin_one) mostly for a while. I have almost as many followers as Leo (2000+ as of this week). DaVinci Gallery was an instant favorite of mine. Eventually, I came up with a light painting photography technique using glass layers and cut out masks to create hundreds of paintings in a couple of hours https://davinci.gallery/artist/bloomin

I bring this all up because the wife and I just discussed me getting back into the workforce. So, a couple naive questions:

• I presume this is primarily volunteer work?
  • What sort of time commitment would be expected?
  • If I were to get unwell again, would I be able to step down if necessary?
  • How long are terms?
  • Would I be able to continue to “be myself” on social media?

I really think I am what you are looking for in a governor. If we could hash out these questions, or if you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

Sorry if this is all over the place, but it’s 2am here, and hadn’t planned on doing this. But it feels like a call to action. I assumed we would have many viable candidates for this but apparently not.

Talk to you soon.

7 Likes

Hello Harmonauts! I’m Chris From Cheeky Crypto, and I would love to support the Creative DAO with you all.

You may recognize some of my work around covering the news and updates on YouTube and twitter.

Nick & myself also run the CheekyOne pool.

I’ve done interviews a number of high profile CEO’s of projects in crypto, We have increased exposure of the Harmony project to new investors.

We own and run all social’s for Cheeky Crypto and I take lead on marketing, building over 90,000 followers on YouTube within one year.

I think that Nick and myself can support in a number of ways as we have a good and well rounded skill set.

5 Likes

Hey Harmonauts! My name is Nick from Cheeky Crypto YouTube Channel, and I would love to support the Creative DAO with you all.

You may recognize some of my work around covering the technical analysis & news on YouTube and across social media like twitter.

Chris & myself also run the CheekyOne pool and actively talk about delegating ONE on our videos and in streams.

We’ve done interviews with a number of high profile CEO’s of projects in the crypto space, we have increased exposure of the Harmony project to new investors within just a short space of time.

We own and run all the social’s for Cheeky Crypto and I take lead on the tech & trading, we have built over 90,000 followers on YouTube within just one year and are growing at a fast pace.

I think that Chris and myself can support in a number of ways as we have a good and well rounded skill set.

5 Likes

Hello,

I think I would be a good fit for the Creative DAO based on my background.

About myself, my two primary career fields have focused on creative endeavors and analysis on human behaviors. I worked as an intelligence analyst for the US military, an independent creative consultant, and after that worked as Creative/Art Director for a Korean entertainment startup.

Thanks to my analytical skills, I’m very good at determine how to market things to the mass and the type of content that would trend well which is essential in marketing Harmony to the masses, this lead to me to being hired as Creative/Art Director for an Korean Entertainment Startup.

It was through that startup in which I became involved with Crypto trying to find creative ties for entertainment such as film and broadcast into a crypto based platform and that lead me to discover a lot about Harmony/other cryptos and what it has to offer.

I think these following reasons make it so working on a team of governors I can provide an unique perspective and insight that would be beneficial in the long run.

1 Like

Hi,

my name is Ini Abasi, a content developer and social media/ brand strategist.

With the growing interest in the ONE-Harmony ecosystem, I’ll like to express my desire to contribute towards the massive adoption and growth of the Harmony ecosystem.

Having worked and collaborated with brands like FTX, Atomic wallet, Anypad, Medping, Manta Network, Star Atlas, Publish0x, TrueFi, and the likes, I’ll like to bring my expertise in developing and growing the ONE-Harmony ecosystem via content development, media strategy, branding, as well as other areas that require any form of growth.

Here is a link to my Twitter handle and medium account where most of all my content can be found:

https://twitter.com/iaminiekanem

https://iniabasie.medium.com

I’ll forward any details requested as I anticipate your reply.

Kind regards!

1 Like

Hello :wave:t4: @Sam @lij , the deliverables to the creative DAO were suggested by @BRUNO in a different post.

We have had the field open for roughly 3 weeks since Sam has posted a call for candidates. The field should have closed on the 25th of October, if going by Bruno suggested 2 week window.

What are the next steps so @HarmonyCommunityDAO can move accordingly to arrange elections?

4 Likes

2 Likes

Check in with the CommunityDAO and see if you can get a hand setting up a snapshot instance to vote for the Creative DAO.

All candidates should be listed and each person who votes should have the ability to vote for 9 people.

Make sure that the vote is open for a few days and that it is widely published across all channels (telegram, reddit, discord, etc) You may even want to talk to the Reddit mods about whether or not you want to do an AMA with the candidates over there (or on telegram or on discord).

Then it is off to the races. Go ahead, guys, let’s get it done!

5 Likes

Gm Sam, we would like to have elections set up by 11/19 to begin at 12am PST and end on 11/22 12 am PST :spiral_calendar:

The hours associated with preparing the election will be billed separately rather than billed through Community DAO, this step in assisting the Creative DAO will be done once since it does not fall under @HarmonyCommunityDAO mandates.

I believe with the guidance of my peers we will deliver the blueprint to future elections :blush:

Candidates are advised to have created a post within Creative & Marketing :speech_balloon: as an individual post to be considered for candidacy by 11/15 at 12pm PST , mainly for visibility and uniformity.

Snapshot should take place by 11/16 date is tentative to change. Updates to come within 48 hours after candidates make adjustments to post or candidacy status.

Candidates are welcome to campaign in media channels or contact me so we can discuss a AMA for the community. We will present candidates and direct them to appropriate channels for them to begin campaigning.

Harmony Reddit

Telegram channel

Creative DAO channel - discord

It is highly encouraged that candidates create a group for candidates to share information once this is completed feel free to invite myself to join.

Banani - Withdrawn

High Indian

Nick - cheeky crypto

Tony dee

Buythefndip

Bigwhle

Loechii

Holden

Bricktop

Christian

Globey-

Poseidon -

ABinvestments -

Bruno

Rokett -Withdrawn

Greg

Iamini

Candidates that should to create a separate post

@AmericanGyu - Call for Candidates: Creative DAO - #10 by AmericanGyu

@Cheeky Chris -https://talk.harmony.one/t/call-for-candidates-creative-dao/4190/7?u=krypto_kakashi

@bloomin

If there are any candidates who wish to withdraw please advise me within the next 24-48 hours so we can remove your name from the election ballot

3 Likes

@TonyDee @rocket.crazy.one @Banani @BRUNO @buythefndip @Bricktop_One @CheekyNick @ChrisG_Stakeridoo @ABINVESTMENTS

2 Likes

@Poseidon @bigwhle @Globey.one @TheHighIndian @Loechii @HODLen

The field for candidates is now closed

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

A telegram group has been set up for all of the Creative DAO candidates to communicate!

Feel free to join! I’m going to try and have a discord up for us as well. If anyone would like to help me with that I sure do appreciate it!

Link for Creative DAO Telegram Channel:

3 Likes

Hey there! I’m happy to help setup the discord this evening. I’ll shoot you a DM so we can coordinate without stepping on toes.

3 Likes

Great let’s get that together, also please make an individual post within creative and marketing to be considered ty

2 Likes

Already done: Creative DAO Council Candidate / thenursegreg

2 Likes

GM/GN/wagmi frens,

I’ve set up a discord server for the Creative DAO candidates - please join!

I’ve begun to add some resources and channels, but please share your ideas to help make this server a useful communication hub for this team.

Link: Harmony $ONE Creative DAO

@Poseidon @ABINVESTMENTS @BRUNO @rocket.crazy.one

2 Likes

@TheHighIndian @CheekyNick @TonyDee @buythefndip @bigwhle @Loechii @HODLen @Bricktop_One @ChrisG_Stakeridoo @Globey.one

2 Likes