Christian Keil | Author and entrepreneur

Hey all, great to meet this group! I found this place courtesy of Li Jiang.

I’m currently a business school student at UC Berkeley and a member of Blockchain at Berkeley. Started my own blockchain company – drect.ly – earlier this year, but winding it down now because the market is smaller (and slower) than we originally expected. Looking for my landing place after graduation this June now!

In the meantime, I’ll continue working on a book I’m writing about the “trustless” promise of blockchain, and more generally how consumers build trust in scary, new technologies. I am finding lots of interesting lessons that the blockchain community can learn from old technology (e.g., electricity, elevators, etc.), and am super excited to get this thing out into the world.

Great to meet you all!

1 Like

Welcome! I would love to talk.

1 Like

Hey @pronouncedkyle,

So glad to have you here! I’m keen to hear about the lessons the blockchain community can learn from older technologies like electricity and elevators. Do share!! Make a new thread about it :slight_smile:

I know times are tough in the bear market, but the long term potential for blockchain is so great. Just keep your faith! If you feel like coming down from Berkeley one of these Saturdays to join our BBQ, we’d love to have you. Just let me know

Nick