Community DAO Council Q1 2022 Candidate: Trippy Crypto

My fellow Harmonauts, I’ve officially been apart of this amazing community for over a year and what a year it’s been! Harmony Protocol has made tremendous strides and climbed the rankings, becoming one of the leading layer 1 protocols in Defi. The community has also seen parabolic growth and it’s been great to share this journey with you all. I believe more than any metric, dapp, or functionality offered by Harmony that our community is our ultimate strength and what will propel Harmony in the years ahead. It’s for this reason I, Trippy Crypto, am announcing my candidacy to serve as an interim Governor for The Harmony One Community DAO.

Utilizing the skill acquired from over a decade of experience in project and team leadership positions, I’ll work tirelessly to fulfill the DAO mandates. I have several ideas I wish to present to the community that will incentivize DAO participation and bring greater awareness to the benefits of being a Harmonaut. To help onboard the next million users, we must work to educate and empower members to bring the values of the Harmony community not only to other online communities but to those in our local communities.

One thing that sets Harmony apart from the rest is the comradery among a very diverse community including many projects working together to build the future of web 3. All for one and one for all is far more than a slogan and what makes Harmony truly special. If elected I look forward to collaborating with all of you, the CDAO governors, as well as the other Harmony projects and DAOs to build an inclusive, sustainable & vibrant community DAO.

ONE :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for submitting your candidacy, we at @HarmonyCommunityDAO will form a channel for communication following the field closing, feel free to begin campaigning through Reddit, Twitter, Instagram or any media channels you wish to use, please remain visible during this week to allow for a smooth campaign.

1) Q: The Community Dao mandates are as follows:
a. Growth: To onboard users on missions and culture and to pollinate values across communities.
b. Engagement: To amplify content of roadmap and milestones with creative campaigns of products.
c. Diversity: To solicit voices and votes in forums and reinforce strong governance participation
Is there one of the mandates you feel most passionate about and what are your strengths and skills that you feel could be useful in achieving it?

A: At this point in the process of building the Community DAO, our attention should be primarily focused on growth. Educating and attracting Harmony One users on the importance and function of the DAO’s will lead to them getting involved. The community does a great job of espousing the core values of Harmony; embracing new members and giving them a sense of belonging so they quickly realize this is more than just a crypto but a movement to build a better world. That feeling is infectious and will drive engagement cause like myself those who understand this are excited to tell anyone and everyone they can about Harmony. This naturally leads to greater engagement and diversity in the DAOs and on social media.

My experience managing in both retail and healthcare logistics has involved a great deal of customer service, project planning, organizing, team building, as well as onboarding and educating staff. I believe these skills paired with my enthusiasm for Harmony and a fun loving nature will be beneficial to growing the community.

2) Q: What does being a part of a DAO mean to you and what do you envision the responsibilities of being a CDAO governor to be.

A: Being a part of a DAO at this early point in their development feels like being a pioneer and even though the way forward isn’t always known and there will be bumps in the road I’m eager to go on the journey because I know it’s carving a path to greater freedom & equality not just for the community today, but the ones my daughter’s generation will build. The possibilities and uses for DAOs are nearly limitless and offer opportunities for people they never may have had in our current labor, financial, or political systems and that is a beautiful thing.
The responsibilities of a CDAO Governor above all else is to be a trustworthy custodian of the treasury and strong advocate for the community. They need to be active in communicating the initiatives put forth & actively seek the input of the whole community. A governor should also be able to adapt to whatever tasks are required to fulfil the mandates.

3) Q: Are there any specific ideas you have that you wish to explore if you are elected to serve the remainder of this term, keeping the mandates in mind?

A: I would like to explore different ways for the CDAO to collaborate with other Harmony based DAOs and projects. A DAOs’ strength is in numbers and mutually beneficial relationships will drive growth and engagement for all of us. Another idea I had is to set up a regular newsletter / medium post to update the community on news not only about the CDAO but across the ecosystem. Along with that make a community built Youtube page to find tutorials, news, and even interviews spotlighting members of the community. I also feel to really grow the community we must venture outside of just digital spaces and work on planning in person events to not only educate non-crypto natives but to promote the community’s values through acts of charity and community service.

2 Likes