ContiDAO - Mass Adoption of ONE

Hey folks! We’ve made great progress since our first initiative here on the forum and now we want to provide a new big opportunity for Harmony.

Name of Project

Continent DAO

Proposal overview

Continent DAO was launched last year, we developed great partnerships with private and governmental entities and created programs of mass adoption of Web 3 starting in the Brazilian territory, specifically in the City of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

The two locations have the potential of 18M people in their capitals and a total of 60M people in their states, the City of São Paulo is the 21st largest economy in the world and the largest financial center in Latin America and Rio de Janeiro is the largest destination of South America tourism.

Continent DAO registered 70,000 users on the NEAR Protocol in São Paulo within a few months of operation with our geolocated operations team.

Now through our core program “Free WiFi” we wish to scale our operations nationally and internationally in Latin America, for this a substantial investment amount is required and we are formulating a public proposal of $55M USD with BitDAO as a leading investment.

We are a cross-chain project and would like to invite Harmony to our core program. Analyzing the latest partnerships, we developed an initial proposal that is also scalable as needed by Harmony.

Our initial ideal is the request of $1M USD for two years of activity in the City of Rio de Janeiro. This amount can be divided into 4 tranches followed by milestones achieved. And our goals are to reach 200,000 new users every 6 months of operations with our geolocated operations team and 300,000 more users through the hotspot channels.

So our main goal is to add 1M users to Harmony in just 1 year. :boom:

Proposal ask

$1M USD delivered in 2 years with 4 tranches of $250K USD every 6 months or upon reaching certain milestones.

Costs (explained):

The average cost of implementing, maintaining and servicing each hotspot unit is $100,000 USD per year.

The cost of geolocated operations teams, operational costs such as legal, accounting and taxes average $50,000 USD every 6 months.

We cannot split it into more tranches (more than 4), as the requirements in government contracts are 1 to 2 years in Rio de Janeiro and 5 years in São Paulo. Proof of financial capacity is required.

Metrics for success

Number of users: 500,000 users every six months, or 41666 monthly.
Number of transactions: numbers greater than 2M of transactions.
Session length: 50% of users in the first year, 60% of the users in the second year.
Session frequency: 65% of users in the first year, 75% of the users in the second year.

More comments

• It is a proposal with a plan to have a strong representation of Harmony in Brazilian territory, the hotspots can be seen as Harmony laboratories and serve several Harmony ecosystem projects. For example, we intend to have one of the two initial hotspots located in a major museum and a Harmony NFT art gallery to be exposed virtually to new users.
    New network implementations can be tested with custom audiences and various other applications.

• In addition to all this, it is notable the intention to establish relationships with private and public entities that can use ONE for tax payments, invitations to participate in collaborations in municipal committees, investments, and others.

• Part of the documentation and contracts have confidentiality clauses, but it is not a problem if an Harmony Foundation members or committee wants to review and request more information.

• The Free WiFi program is fully scalable to millions of people, we reserve to Harmony the decision to want to expand it during our collaborations.

External links

Website
Documentation
Our proposal with BitDAO.

News
Rio de Janeiro to accept Bitcoin for real estate taxes from 2023
Brazil’s Senate approves ‘Bitcoin law’
All You Need To Know About Sao Paulo, Brazil’s Largest City

Never a good sign to me when proposals mention bad metrics. The combined population of the cities being ~18M has nothing to with the actual potential people you could onboard to Harmony since you are not considering socio-economic factors, reach limitations, etc

Firstly, what does “registered” mean in this context? Secondly, do you have evidence to back this claim? Thirdly, do you have any metrics that determines if these people you “registered” contributed to to Protocol.

Any details you can provide regarding this? I’m not sure I understand what this exactly is.

Your initial statement mentioned both Rio and Sao Paulo (hence the 18 million figure) but here it apparently states that your operations will only be in Rio.

Can you explain exactly how you define “reach” here? Does talking to someone about Harmony count as a reach, is it onboarding them to the protocol, or something else?

Could you clarify what the terms- “Session length” and “Session frequency” mean?

1 Like

1- I’m not superstitious, so I don’t rush to analyze signs, but I do with facts. It is not possible for you to achieve mass adoption metrics in small communities, Large Latin American cities are more populous than entire European countries. In line with your comment, adoptions such as El Salvador and the Central African Republic should not be considered.

I recommend that you read both the abstract of the BIT proposal and our documentation to understand the tokenomics and sustainability of the program; but if you have more questions, I’m here.

2- When we’re talking about Data or Big Data, the most used term for accounts/wallets/profiles is registration. Yes, we have the data created and analysis of use, both are available for review with the contracts.

3- The abstract is well explained through the links I provided. The Free WiFi program some examples of topics that the program addresses are Game Theory, Tokenomics and Web 3 Data Economy.

4- As I detailed in the proposal, the city of São Paulo has a 5-year contract requirement, while Rio de Janeiro has 1 to 2 years. Talking about costs, the difference would be $400K USD for each hotspot unit, with the $1M USD resource it becomes unfeasible to focus on the City of São Paulo, but this does not have to be definitive and Harmony may decide further on to explore and expand in Sao Paulo. (Exactly as I explained in the comments at the end of the proposal).

5- People registered with Harmony means with wallets and more information, possibly with domain service too, in staking and DeFi. The target audience is fully customizable, for example, if Harmony decides in the coming months that it would like to expand actions to bring more capital to DeFi from its ecosystem, locations can be chosen in financial and commercial centers in both cities.

6- In metrics and service usage, there are values ​​that indicate the amount or percentage of usage during X period of time. These metrics help strategy corrections and improvements.
Example: We registered 1M users with Harmony and 50% of these people were still active using the services frequently, this would correspond to 500,000 people.
For comparison, yesterday Ethereum recorded 504,810 active addresses. In addition, with the database, we can confirm the individuality of each account, which by default is not done in other solutions.

I think there might be a language disconnect here because it seems you did not exactly follow what I was saying, and likewise, I am still unclear about the relevance of a lot of the points you make in the reply.

That’s not what I said. My point was- if you were to target El Salvador, the metric of “potential people” you can reach has to take into more factors than simply the population.

I went through the links and I am still not clear what providing Free WiFi has much to do with marketing Harmony. Is it like you provide the free hotspots and put physical/digital ads?

Also I’m still not clear, in the metrics, what’ is exactly “Session length” (my guess- length of time post registration that people are still active) and “Session frequency” (my guess- frequency of interacting with the blockchain)? The percentage metrics for these don’t make much sense if my understanding of the metric definitions are correct.

Mass adoption is one of the topics present at conferences since 2019, a large part of the projects are targeting the 1B user in 5 years.

The industry in the last 5 years has focused on technological solutions and raising institutional money, now is the time to use it on a large scale. But we have the Web 1 and 2 infrastructure problem, which is the lack of internet for 37% of the world’s population.

About the proposal, the advertising and marketing effects are huge, but the diamond is the Web 3 Data Economy. I recommend this article for you to read: The Web3 Data Economy
In addition to the benefit of a laboratory environment to make innovations, which projects today have access to 1 or 2 million people?
Harmony is based on sharding, its premises revolve around scalability to a huge number of people, which is what I am proposing here.

The last 2 metrics I pointed out are about tracking user usage, we should retain and engage people and not just include them without any direction.

I have to moved your proposal to the DAO category as it fits better
Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and will assign a representative on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

1 Like

$1M to provide Free WiFi , nice , this proposals are getting better and better .

1 Like

We are talking about a national scale program in the financial capital of Latin America, about the costs each hotspot unit has an annual cost of 100K USD.

Imagine hotspots as laboratories and large access centers, we can reach large masses of people or be more strategic like showing NFTs from daVinci Gallery in national museum, developing tokens in Harmony as social currency for other cities. In addition, Utility NFTs can be monetized by Harmony.

It is a program that integrates the entire Harmony ecosystem.

How is this sustainable on its own?

This doesn’t really seem like a good use of the Ecosystem Fund to me

Hey @ifllim , great question!

The sustainability of the program comes exactly through the use of the internet, with the Web 3 Data Economy, the data collected (previously accepted by users) will be traded in decentralized marketplaces using Ocean Protocol technology. (We are studying other technologies like Itheum as well).

Initially the date will be collectively negotiated and after a period of one year we will develop our own applications for each user to be able to negotiate individually. We already have advanced conversations with potential buyers like exchanges and platforms.

It is important to remember that after one year of using Web 3 dapps, users will already be classified as crypto user or native crypto, making the collected data exponentially more valuable.

We plan to integrate technologies such as IoT and DIDs in the future which will further integrate ecosystems.

Hey @Singularity

Welcome to the Harmony Community,

If you explain your opinion better, I would be happy to argue and maybe we can find points of agreement.

Thanks.

Good evening @Adonis,

I am really trying my best to follow the reason and logic with your proposal.
You are going to make money through the Web3 Data economy?
Please elaborate on that more.

As far as providing internet for people in Rio. No one pays for internet/phone services in the favelas.
Nor do they pay for water or power.

Why are you charging Harmony so much for what Rio De Janeiro citizens get for free?

I actually just got back from ilha do Governador, RJ

thanks!

This would be a hard NO for me.

Hi @amartay1986,

The way free services make money is a basic premise even on Web 2. How do Google, Facebook, Youtube and others make money? I recommend this article. (in addition to the links that have already been posted and my previous answers)

About the hotspots, I didn’t suggest the favelas at any time. Subway stations, beaches, tourist attractions, historical monuments, parks and squares… are some of the available locations. (in addition to those indicated in the previous answers)

I’m not charging anyone, I’m suggesting a mass adoption of the Harmony ecosystem as announced here.

Harmony should not be on a mission to provide free internet in Brazil. That’s all that needs to be said.

2 Likes

Hello, @Adonis

Unfortunately, Grant Funding has been paused. Please visit our Q3 and Q4 Execution Plan for more information. As this proposal has been submitted under “DAO Proposals”, the DAO Ops team has to decline this proposal without prejudice.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAOs patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination.

Do not let this dissuade you or your DAOs passion to build on Harmony. I’m looking forward to the success of ContiDAO.

This thread will be closed.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.