“There are 3 eras of currency: Commodity based, politically based, and now, math based.”—Chris Dixon, Co-founder of Hunch
Growth : Onboard users on missions and culture, pollinate values across communities
Engagement : Amplify content of roadmap and milestones, creative campaigns of products
Diversity : Solicit voices and votes in forums, reinforce strong governance participation
MISSION AND VISION
Our vision is that Harmony is much more than just a token, Harmony is all about community, all about scalability. Harmony ecosystem growth was astonishing and it´s embracing people and projects all across the globe as it was promised.
With that in mind. Our mission is to take Harmony to an upper level. Making it widely adopted and used broadly by the Brazilian citizens, making it recognizable as a multipurpose currency, could be an investment on its own, as a hedge against inflation, as a method of money transfer, as a gaming and earning platform. The possibilities are endless.
A brief history about Brazil. Discovered in 1500, the country was colonized by Portugal up until 7th September 1822. The official language is Portuguese but, after many years, the language evolved naturally, and became increasingly distant from the original dialect. Nowadays, the gap has become so apparent that most apps, dapps and companies already recognize it, referring to it as “Brazilian Portuguese”.
With a population of 213 million people, Brazil is the biggest country in South America, spanning 8.5 million km2. With such continental proportions and its inherent multiethnicity, the contry embraces equally all citizens from across the globe. In fact, Brazil received immigrants from Europe (Germany, Italy and France) during the first and second world wars, as well as refugees from Japan, Korea, and China. Currently, it is the most preferred destiny from South American citizens that struggle against the pandemic.
The economy is ever growing, even at the current pandemic scenario, with a GDP around 8228 USD in 2020, which is expected to reach 11200 USD by 2022. Mainly set as a commodity exporter, but starting to become heavily industrialized, it is a central hub of distribution in South America. Large companies have set installations and production plants, such as Ford, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Apple, Samsung and other big players.
With all of that said, Brazil occupies the 13º place among all countries by cryptocurrency adoption (2020 data), 8th place in crypto ownership amongst internet users (jan/2022 data) and 1st place among South American countries on values received, with around 9 billion USD received (2020 data). There’s an ample and ever growing market ready to be taken, and 5% of the population is knowledgeable about crypto assets, and less than 30% (of this 5%) have ever used it. It occupies the the 5th place by crypto users around the globe. In 1 year, crypto trading with stable coins tripled in value, reaching 11.4 billion USD, and BTC trading doubled, reaching 10 billion dollars, between Jan/21 and Nov/21. This happened since the regulations provided incentives to use cryptocurrencies, as opposed to using USD or similar FIAT to hedge against inflatio, since operations in dollars are taxed at about 6.38%.
Multisig Wallet Addresses
● Andre - 0x8F5EAf9d1ecE2B48f76267Ed827cfEB15162c023
● Bruno T. - 0xb4B1C329B795F5F95b5E7759542FA34d6B6176e8
● Bruno V. - 0x45fDeA53356093977590d805CE249Bb84C0c9A90
● Bianca - 0xc6A60506Bc770B6c3f2ED6be463ABB1a69e65788
● Cleber - 0xfFcff36b2F33B18258AD2eE7401f0Fb15AfCD07d
● Durval - 0x0f975739bD36c6eea78d7bD8E8998765e33D2e0b
● Daniel - 0xa4E7A6c7Ee2Ca374C1d139F06023974492EB14B7
● Ed - 0x30c6711aC493dA218dB784a90911a6c25b46D99E
● Juliano - 0xB92B00d21f9Fa2c4C41FeD88B06ad305dcAC28B2
● Márcio - 0x918D7A2127f9fbEd78C8CC931dD07D61551d556E
● Multisig address - 0x76fD0A4456259bf56cAb4A1cA64Cc4eA51a4D76F
To be decided after DAO is approved (could be Harmony Snapshot, Aragon or Coordinate)
After the successful establishment of the DAO, the team will focus on exploring all sustainable models available to provide a steady growth, less dependent on external funding. Multiple ideas are already being discussed and will be further developed as the DAO grows.
Asking 50k for delivering the below:
● $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
● $10k for keeping a newsletter in blogspot style, being updated lively and made available in portuguese languages (also adapting the already translated docs in portuguese(Portugal) to Brazilian portuguese.
● $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
● $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.
● $10k for growing a public community to 1,000 active members on Twitter.
Metrics for success
● Having at least 100 attendees at the hosted meetings
● At least 10k Impressions of the news website
● Translation finished by the first 30 days
● Having more than 1,000 active members on Twitter
● Having at least 100 developers at the Hackathon
● Achieve at least 500 active members in Telegram
● Achieve at least 500 active members in Discord
● Sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region
● partnership with youtubers and content creators providing at least 500 views in each content created/published
● bridge partnerships with major exchanges/crypto apps widely used in the region
Terms and Elections
Term duration set at 3 months. Elections for the new governors to be held every 3 months (start the counting after the approval of the proposal)