Hi guys, I am Michael Efemena, also known as mikkybang, I am applying for the position of governor in the creative DAO.
I am a software developer with a demonstrated history of working in the Information Technology industry. Skilled in Node.js, React.js, Python, Golang Web Development, Linux, Bash Scripting. Michael has a Computer Engineering degree from the University of Benin.
I have also been actively building products in the Blockchain space. At Swirge, I worked as a backend developer with the team to build their Blockchain token and use cases around the token. One of the services I worked on with the team was a decentralised Social Media Platform that is being run with the Swirge token.
I have headed tech teams across different companies and anchored several trainings in backend and full-stack development.
History with Harmony
Harmony NaijaDAO Governor Q1 2021
- Worked with a team of developers to build a custom website for the DAO which has the content on open.harmony.one translated into four different languages.
- Hosted the DAO’s first meetup in Benin city Nigeria, which saw a participation of over 100 people.
- Gave talks on our weekly Twitter spaces on developing blockchain applications
Answers to compulsory questions
- What is the role of the Creative DAO in the Harmony community and how do you plan to advance its mission?
The role of the Creative DAO is to represent, expand and strengthen the Harmony Community through educative content
- How do you organize, plan, and prioritize your work?
I like to have a daily TODO list where I sort all my tasks for that day according to priority then use the pomodoro technique to complete all of them.
- Tell us about a suggestion you’ve made that has benefitted an organization you’ve worked for.
I suggested that we include code reviews at my previous place of work, and that helped reduce the amount of bugs that we had.
- Why are you the best person for a role on the Creative DAO council?
I am a committed and focused person, I am also a person who takes action and not just talks, I believe the DAO needs that kind of person, and that’s me
- Fast forward 3 months - what will a successful term have looked like?
- Increased DAO interaction with the community
- Increased online content concerning the community
- A very active DAO with clear plans for growth