I have also made a pdf version of this proposal, with extra images and links. You can find it here.
aiSports’ CryptoDFS is the first daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform built on the blockchain. Create a lineup, mint your team as an NFT, and stake it in a contest!
For those not familiar with DFS, here’s a quick primer: You are given a set “salary” to draft a team of real world players. Your team will compete against the other teams entered in the contest and your players will score points based on the real world statistics that they accrue in their game.
Everyday after each of the NBA games is finished, aiSports assigns a score to each team. The contract will then sort the NFTs, and payout the owners of those NFT’s automatically based on their scores.
There are a number of advantages vs. traditional (Web2) DFS model:
- No withdrawal time. When you win, your prizes are automatically deposited into your wallet.
- Dramatically lower contest fees. aiSports currently charges 2% compared to 10% on major web2 DFS platforms.
- You own the team. Trusted DFS players can mint teams and sell them at a higher price to players who trust their judgement.
- Own your contest history, players can earn special NFTs for hitting goals or winning large tournaments.
Currently, aiSports only supports the NBA, but our goal is to be the web3 DFS provider for all major sports.
We have a demo version of cryptoDFS up and running on www.aisportspro.com. This version is live on the polygon mumbai testnet. We started developing on polygon before ETHDenver, and discovered Harmony One through their amazing presence at the event. If aiSports qualifies for the grant, we will gladly switch to Harmony testnet ASAP.
We also have an active discord of 95 members that creates and shares DFS lineups, everyday.
A major part of the grant to aiSports would go to:
- Community Building and Marketing
- Smart Contract Auditing
- Front End UI & Design
- Partnerships with Existing DFS Influencers
CJ Carnicle - Technical Founder. I’ve built and run the aiSports website and discord community.
In a previous life I was managing $50M of business per year for a large tech company. For the last 3 years, I have been a full time entrepreneur, launching products from travel to sports. I’ve built my site using React, node and next.js. I’ve coded and implemented the entire site + solidity smart contract.
With funding, I will focus on hiring a community manager and UX/UI designer. With such lofty goals, I will be looking to build the team quickly.
We are requesting a $50K equity-free contribution from Harmony, based on the following milestones:
- $10K after launching a feature-complete product on Harmony testnet
- $10K after launching on Harmony mainnet with audit
- $10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with Harmony DAOs
- $10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
- $10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)
- 1k DAU before the end of the NBA regular Season (5/16/22)
- 10k DAU, staking over 15k teams daily - one month after the start of the NFL Season (9/2/22)