CryptoPigs is a NFT-based PvP/tamagotchi-style pet game. The NFTs - algorithmically created with art by splat - are currently being minted already - once, or before the minting is complete, we want to release a game which makes the NFTs functional in a game with the following core functions:
- 5-weapon rock paper scissor game-style game logic, thematically flavored), users can matchup against each other 1v1, and put up a stake in a native token, which the winner will take home.
- CryptoPigs have like 3-4 different stats like hunger, hygiene, happiness that increase whenever you interact with it and decay over time. You interact with your NFT to boost its stats, each interaction will be its own minigame.
- You earn certain perks (more health, less chance to miss abilities etc.) if you take care of your NFT appropriately
- competitive seasonal leaderboards, the best caretakers/competitors will, in addition to their claim to fame in a publically visible leaderboard, win seasonal NFT/Crypto prizes. We believe a healthy amount of (inclusive and not forced) competition will drive participation.
CryptoPigs as a concept and NFT have been live since end of August, and have been met with positive resonance in the community, with many community members supporting and collecting, and partnerships have been lined up to expand on its gamification and universe, the most notable being Freyala with their plots of land system, as well as another big project willing to integrate CryptoPigs into their universe as well (tba.)
The game is currently already in development with Tailchakra of Freyala as full-stack developer as well as splat, also involved in many Harmony project designs on front-end/design duty. I myself am acting as community/project manager, executive and sound designer.
- Functional testnet game end of October
- Release mid-November: Tamagotchi + Battles
- December and beyond: Addition of more minigames, tournaments, battle system expansion, 2v2 battles, more advanced sprite animations
UI design progress:
We think a NFT game such as this is not only unique in the NFT gaming sphere as it presents a fun, lighthearted way to play with NFTs which is also encouraged by the prospect of winning seasonal prizes and putting up wager against each other, but it will especially find a great home on Harmony due to its fast, low-cost, reliable transactions ideal for a game which requires a high volume of transactions for every action taken. The other involved developers and me have been active in the Harmony community since the beginning of this year and are strong advocates of Harmony ONE and its ecosystem and daily contributors to its growing community. The team has for example also been involved in the creation of Moonity, the first charity token, which has donated around 200000 ONE tokens since its inception in May.
50000$ for funding the long-term sustainability of development, and to hire additional developers to help with maintaining the product, accelerating delivery and ensuring its sustainability, quality and safety.
- 5000 followers on twitter (current: about 1500)
- 4000-5000 active discord + telegram users (currently: 750 discord, 450 telegram)
- Daily game activity + transaction volume
- Marketplace volume
- Leaderboard participation