CryptoPigs - PvP / Tamagotchi style game with earning incentives

Name of Project / DAO / Company

CryptoPigs

Application type

Product Launch

Proposal overview

CryptoPigs is a NFT-based PvP/tamagotchi-style pet game. The NFTs - algorithmically created with art by splat - are currently being minted already - once, or before the minting is complete, we want to release a game which makes the NFTs functional in a game with the following core functions:

• 5-weapon rock paper scissor game-style game logic, thematically flavored), users can matchup against each other 1v1, and put up a stake in a native token, which the winner will take home.
  • CryptoPigs have like 3-4 different stats like hunger, hygiene, happiness that increase whenever you interact with it and decay over time. You interact with your NFT to boost its stats, each interaction will be its own minigame.
  • You earn certain perks (more health, less chance to miss abilities etc.) if you take care of your NFT appropriately
  • competitive seasonal leaderboards, the best caretakers/competitors will, in addition to their claim to fame in a publically visible leaderboard, win seasonal NFT/Crypto prizes. We believe a healthy amount of (inclusive and not forced) competition will drive participation.

CryptoPigs as a concept and NFT have been live since end of August, and have been met with positive resonance in the community, with many community members supporting and collecting, and partnerships have been lined up to expand on its gamification and universe, the most notable being Freyala with their plots of land system, as well as another big project willing to integrate CryptoPigs into their universe as well (tba.)

The game is currently already in development with Tailchakra of Freyala as full-stack developer as well as splat, also involved in many Harmony project designs on front-end/design duty. I myself am acting as community/project manager, executive and sound designer.

Timeline:

• Functional testnet game end of October
  • Release mid-November: Tamagotchi + Battles
  • December and beyond: Addition of more minigames, tournaments, battle system expansion, 2v2 battles, more advanced sprite animations

UI design progress:

We think a NFT game such as this is not only unique in the NFT gaming sphere as it presents a fun, lighthearted way to play with NFTs which is also encouraged by the prospect of winning seasonal prizes and putting up wager against each other, but it will especially find a great home on Harmony due to its fast, low-cost, reliable transactions ideal for a game which requires a high volume of transactions for every action taken. The other involved developers and me have been active in the Harmony community since the beginning of this year and are strong advocates of Harmony ONE and its ecosystem and daily contributors to its growing community. The team has for example also been involved in the creation of Moonity, the first charity token, which has donated around 200000 ONE tokens since its inception in May.

Proposal ask

50000$ for funding the long-term sustainability of development, and to hire additional developers to help with maintaining the product, accelerating delivery and ensuring its sustainability, quality and safety.

Metrics for success

• 5000 followers on twitter (current: about 1500)
  • 4000-5000 active discord + telegram users (currently: 750 discord, 450 telegram)
  • Daily game activity + transaction volume
  • Marketplace volume
  • Leaderboard participation

External links

https://www.cryptopigs.one

31 Likes

I like this dev, I’m a huge fan of freyala and its cool to see they are already working outside projects into their ecosystem. Im also a huge fan of aave-gotchie.

10 Likes

100% Support this proposal.

Reminds me of a game I used to play when younger.

6 Likes

Sorry for double post, I can only share one image per post, here is a diagram mockup of the RPS-like game mechanic: unknown

12 Likes

Freyala integration LIT
UNANNOUNCED OTHER GAMEFI integration - LITTY

TAMAGOTCHI GAMEPLAY - FIRE
LIMI - ON FIRRRRE FROM DOWWWWNTOWN>>>>
TAILCHAKRA - SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEYYYYYYYY

5 Likes

Looks really good. I have only 1 cryptopig but I love him and cant wait to play with him :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is a great project with a lot of potential. The dev cares about his community and is actively providing updates as well as partnering with credible projects give more use-case to the CryptoPig NFTs.

5 Likes

The tamagotchi-style and battle games sounds really interesting for a NFT collection. Excited for the Freyala plot integration as well!

4 Likes

I’m really keen to see the next development cycle as I’ve seen much tireless effort from the development team. Bringing this creativity into the Harmony space and see it as an early adopter will set a great example of into what is achievable on the harmony one ecosystem.

5 Likes

Have been dying for a crypto tamagotchi game! The art for this nft set is so clean and cute, I am super pumped to interact with my pigs. Limi has been a super consistent project dev and all around good person on harmony, definitely deserving of a grant.

4 Likes

Very excited to watch this project unfold and be part of it.

3 Likes

I worked with Limi on Moonity and he is a dedicated Dev. This is a cool project because it also utilises other known trustworthy developers and artists on the network and it is a great way to expand the Harmony ecosystem. The game will be fun, I was around when the tamagotchi craze was happening and everyone had one of those devices. This could be a popular game. I vote YES.

7 Likes

Very excited for this project! Tamagotchi crypto pigs will be something new and revolutionary for everyone to enjoy on the harmony ecosystem!

4 Likes

Love these Devs and I’m super excited for this game and I have multiple piggies to battle :wink:

3 Likes

Which game engine are you using?

3 Likes

all coded in javascript!

2 Likes

Limi is a very dedicated dev and I see a lot of potential in this being a really good game.

3 Likes

100% approve of this project. Play to earn games are already big but will certainly be the next wave in this space. Looks great guys

4 Likes

100% approve this. i trust this dev, he is very dedicated and i can’t wait to see this project’s future.

3 Likes

Great potential for more use case for the $COINK token and the growth of Piggybank ecosystem on Harmony. Limi is active on socials, and is known in the developer community within Harmony native dApps, excited to see what happens next! Even more cool to work with other gamification applications like Freyala, love the teamwork.

4 Likes