DAO research and case studies

Name of DAO

H.E.R. DAO, and Do or DAOn’t

Proposal overview

DAOs are a fairly new concept, however there are Leaderless Organizations in the centralized space that may have similarities. The aim of this research is to start to dive deep into understanding the best practices for DAOs in terms of performance, motivation, environment and capacity, under the lens of typical DAO metrics; namely governance, treasury, social media, and reviews.

Objectives:
The main thrust of this research is to develop deeper knowledge of how DAOs work and how to improve their performance. It is to start from a place of curiosity which will be the drive to reach a more advanced understanding of the organizational functionality of DAOs.

Introduction/ Overview:
I have a Master’s in Organizational Development and Leadership, as well as research and data analytics experience. DAO research is befitting for my expertise.

Problem statement:
This research will be of benefit to H.E.R. DAO community. It will be implemented by interviewing H.E.R. DAO members, DAO tooling experts, distributing surveys, and looking at literature reviews to compare Leaderless Organizations with DAOs. This research will be important for H.E.R. DAO as it’s in its nascent stages with a huge potential and growth trajectory. Due to the dark forest of the DAO territory, research approaches may vary as time progresses. It’s imperative to be flexible and open minded.

Project objectives:
As a granter, you will benefit by gaining deeper insight and perspective into where areas of performance are strong and where areas may need improvement.

Proposal ask and duration estimate:
$3,500 a month for 6 months (March to August as initial research funding) will support me while conducting this research. My aim is to dive deep and prioritize this research for the H.E.R. DAO community as well as DAO’s in general.

Researcher:
Sianoi Kimari

4 Likes

I love this idea Sianoi! It really fits in with Harmony’s vision for DAOs

2 Likes

This research will be useful to the DAO ecosystem.

2 Likes

Thank you @afrishan and @Mistrymm7! There’s already a lot of research out there on DAOs which is mind blowing

1 Like

Awesome :sunglasses: DAO research is vital in this new epoch of DAOS. DAO tooling was one of the biggest subjects at ETH DENVER and the HARMONY ecosystem would benefit from this focus and investigation. I fully support this proposal :orange_heart:

1 Like

Sounds fantastic! Very important to provide data driven decision making and helping DAOs grow and flourish

1 Like

This is awesome, would definitely fall in line with our goal to transparently show the progress of H.E.R. DAO, would love for you to take up a role for the NFT drop where we will be transitioning community calls to twitter spaces, requiring testimonials for giveaway competitions and as part of promo, setting up public project management tools, and using NFT funds for a treasury to go to H.E.R. DAO scholarships.

1 Like

@OS1 DAO tooling was most definitely a major wave at ETHDenver and my team was behind a project called Do or DAOn’t for DAO Tooling. @Tngu23 absolutely, that’s the common goal we all have, for DAOs to grow and flourish.

@minorityprogrammers I would be honored to take up a role for the NFT drop!! I was actually looking at the working document this noon! I’ll have a deeper look and see where I can contribute as I had asked Godiva to let me know where help is needed.

Thank you all for the support!

2 Likes

DAO research ist a super interesting topic! Thanks for bringing this up (-:

Important research from which all different kinds of DAOs could benefit!

1 Like

@Kryptoma @valeriegrap glad that we all see the value of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Sianoi we do something similar on DoDAO. We study and write articles on DAOs.

Do you just plan to keep you research on HER DAO for now or you plan to cover other DAOs as well?

We should definitely collaborate and create some useful educational content. Currently we have no money so we just do out of interest :crazy_face:

Another thing is that we are having an onboarding platform DoDao. Its in private testing phase, but we are currently writing onboarding material for other DAOs. We can do it for H.E.R DAO as well.

This proposal explains in detail about DoDAO Request for Grant - Request for Grant - DoDAO.io

1 Like

Hi Robin! The ideal situation would be to cover other DAOs as well. That’s awesome that you’re doing something similar. Let’s collaborate! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello, @Sianoi

Unfortunately, this proposal is out of scope for what Harmony is looking to fund at this point in time. I will close this thread and decline the proposal without prejudice. Really look forward to the work you accomplish with H.E.R DAO and others.

Thank you and please don’t hesitate to come back to the talk forum with more :slight_smile: :blue_heart: