DAO Tooling - Community Discussion

I believe a proper full multisig integration is most important. Alongside that, though, I recommend the DAO Ops team should focus on providing a recommendation for best election/voting practices. Obviously a dao is responsible ultimately for its own governance, but I think it would be wise to have a ‘best practices’ document including, among other things, a clearly laid out instruction for creating what the dao ops team feels would be a good representation of what a proper voting setup should entail to best represent the community and discourage fraudulent results. The recent post by the creative dao (Urgent Poll And Decision Required For The Creative DAO Election) highlights the need for some guidance in these matters. Other DAOs struggle with creating an equitable process as well.

During yesterday’s CDAO Twitter space, Giv mentioned the need for Harmony to not only approve grants to promising projects, but to help foster their success along the way. I believe the same approach should be taken by the DAO Ops team. To approve DAO proposals is great, but perhaps a more hands on approach in helping the DAOs achieve success in setting up their voting mechanisms and tooling would be helpful for the success of DAOs on Harmony.

5 Likes