We wanted to call on our community due to a situation with Snapshot and the Harmony Creative DAO Election for Q2 2022 Candadacies which you can find by clicking the ‘Snapshot’ below:
After conversations with a community member @ben2k_Stakeridoo and issues being brought to light, we have a few things we need to bring attention to, we would like to know if the community would like to re-run the Creative DAO election. However, to be able to move forward with this discussion, we need to make you aware of a few things.
When the Creative DAO Snapshot was created for the recent Election for Q2 2022 signotories, due to a new Snapshot website being used, which includes the use of Ethereum ENS names, a more complicated system, some extremely difficult and confusing settings and lack of experience dealing with this, there were problems with the vote.
These problems and errors meant that when voting went live, that 100 Harmony minimum, was not required for wallets to vote, this is fact meant that no Harmony whatsoever was required for a vote to take place, even including a transaction fee.
We were also made aware that the snapshot mechanism, which prevents wallets that were created after voting has started from voting, was not active on the Creative DAO election vote. Meaning, new wallets created during the election can still vote after the election was started.
Essentially, due to the turmoil that the DAO had faced since its creation, an official DAO charter hasn’t yet been created for the Creative DAO, this can be an extremely complicated process and is something the Creative DAO has yet to achieve and is expected to be wraped up in the first or second month of this next term.
The reason why the charter has been mentioned, is that although the Snapshot vote has issues, It is not our place as signatories of the Creative DAO to dispell this vote, however, we believe that we need to address this situation for the sake of transaparancy and governance for our community and let them be aware, but more importantly be in control of the decision making.
We would like the community to decide if the Creative DAO elections should be re-run, we also need you to concider the below before making your decision-
- The voting mechanism allowed voting to take place with wallets with no Harmony within them
- The voting mechanism would also allow wallets that have been created after the election had started, to vote
- Without the usual 100 Harmony requirement it would make it harder to see if wallets with transaction between eachover were voting in favour of a perticular candidate, bringing to light that people have voted more than once for their desired candidate if that was the case
- There was nothing official stipulating that you couldn’t vote more than once
- With the transparancy of this post and bringing attention to the snapshot issue, current candidates will be aware that new wallets can be created for voting.
- There was no official information stipulating that wallets with harmony could not vote
- True governance would suggest that if the blockchain allows it, then it counts
- Due to technical issues we also have a moral obligation to concider rather than just relying of the rule of blockchain
All that being said, we understand that this is a tricky situation that isn’t perticulalry straight forward as ‘‘The way blockchain should work’’. The Creative DAO is about to release information regarding a new direction for the Creative DAO, which we’re extremely excited to release, and we want to make sure that we start off on the right foot with the new chapter for the DAO, and we would like you to vote to ensure that we’re doing this correctly.
If the decision is taken to re-run the election, a new vote will take place on April 17, 2022, at 00:18 AM UTC and run until April 24th, 2022, at 00:18 AM UTC. Alternatively if the community decides against a re-run of the election, the new signotories will take their seats on Apr 17, 2022, 0:18 AM UTC.
Do you as a Harmony community member believe that the Creative DAO should re-run the election, with the usual 100 Harmony minimum required, whilst stating people can only vote once and with the voting mechanism only accepting wallets which enclose 100 Harmony from the time of the Snapshot? Or do you believe that the election should end as usual and voting should be rulled as usual with the final result? Please decide on the poll below. The decision will be taken from this poll 2 hours before the end of the Creative DAO election which will be at Apr 17, 2022, 10:18 PM UTC.
Do you believe the Creative DAO election for Q2 2022 Candidacies should be re-run, with a 100 Harmony minimum required for voting with only one vote per person allowed?
- Yes, I call for a re-run of the election.
- No, the end results should be final.