degenDeploy: anonymous contract deployment protocol

degenDeploy

This project forks webb-tools implimentation of tornado-core, deploys the tornado core contract to harmony main-net using a ‘public’ (traceable) account, and then extend the tools provided to demonstrate how to deploy another a contract as an anonymous user, using a dummy account!

Application Type

zkApp

Proposal Overview

Within the scope of this proposal, the MVP is to implement a workflow which enables the user to deposit and withdraw funds from the mixer, and deploy new contract with a burner wallet.

Use Cases

1. For any actor who wishes to provide a service with anonymity
  2. For any actor who wishes to interact with another service with anonymity

Proposal Ask

In order to get this up and running, we request $15k/year stable basic income to take care of welfare and development costs.

This ask will be in line with the laid down milestones as detailed below

1. launching a feature-complete product on testnet
  2. launching on ONE mainnet
  3. code audit
  4. attracting 1k daily active users (with launch video, PR promotion)
  5. attracting 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

External Links

github project

hasher

verifier

nativeAnchor

Roadmap

Objective Date Status
Testnet 03/04/2022 Done
Mainnet 03/05/2022 Done
Audit 03/06/2022 Pending
1k users 03/07/2022 Pending
10k users 03/08/2022 Pending

Competing Projects

Potentially EasyLink

Community

we need many people to make deposits to the anchor here, so that the mixer works correctly

Anonymous deploying contracts would be so useful. However, your five milestones are not aligned with the milestones laid out by this category. Please amend.

Ok, is there something a bit more specific so that I can edit it? Note that there was a conversation already with Hakwan on the topic of forming a DAO around this product, in that it might not make sense: discussion.

The DAO is there to ensure that the project lives beyond just the developer that built it. Forming a DAO is a laid down milestone and only a new category created in accordance with the constitution (like technical innovation) can change the milestones. You can still be considered for the remaining four milestones without meeting the DAO milestone.

For your project, I don’t see a strong reason why forming a DAO would be a problem. You can think of this as a team to help you maintain the product rather than just yourself.

Understood :slightly_smiling_face: updated the proposal in degenDeploy/proposal.md at mainnet.

Can you also amend it here as a reply (maybe just the milestone part) so that our governors can vote for it? Thanks.

degenDeploy

In this project, we fork webb-tools implementation of tornado-core, and extend the tools provided to demonstrate how to deploy a contract as an anonymous user, using a dummy account!

Application Type

zkApp

Proposal Overview

Within the scope of this proposal, the MVP is to implement a workflow which enables the user to interact with the deployed mixer using their mainnet account, commit transactions into it, and receive secret notes from said transactions, then extract funds to a burner and deploy new contract from the burner.

Use Cases

1. For any actor who wishes to provide a service with anonymity
  2. For any actor who wishes to interact with another service with anonymity

Proposal Ask

In order to get this up and running, we request $15k/year stable basic income to take care of welfare and development costs.

This ask will be in line with the laid down milestones as detailed below

1. launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
  2. forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
  3. launching on our mainnet with audit
  4. attracting 1k daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
  5. attracting 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

External Links

github project

hasher

verifier

nativeAnchor

Roadmap

Objective Date Status
Testnet Launch 03/04/2022 Done
Beta Testing + Fixes 03/06/2022 Done
Mainnet Launch 03/06/2022 Done
Smart Contract Audit 03/07/2022 Pending
Fixes + Redeployment 03/07/2022 Pending
DAO Deployment 03/08/2022 Pending

Competing Projects

potentially EasyLink

Community

we need many people to make deposits to the anchor here, so that the mixer works correctly

1 Like

Yes from me as a governor. Also confirming that they have reached the first milestone.

1 Like

An interesting use case for zero-knowledge proofs. A yes from me as a governor and confirmation that milestone 1 is complete

1 Like

Approved as governor of zkdao. Confirming that first milestone is achieved as well.

1 Like

A yes vote from as a zkdao governor and 1st milestone confirmed.

1 Like

Yes from me as a governor of zkDAO. Great idea.

1 Like

very interesting idea. This is a yes for me as zkDao governor

1 Like

I confirm that 1st milestone is reached!

1 Like

Confirming first milestone has been reached

1 Like