EasyLink: Receive payments without exposing your crypto history

EasyLink: Receive payments without exposing your crypto history

EasyLink is a private payments protocol that allows you to receive payments without sharing your crypto wallet address. When someone would like to pay you, you can generate a payment link that provides no knowledge about your wallet address, so your on-chain history stays private and the sender will never know what is your welfare or what funny NFTs you hold :slight_smile:

Application type

zkDAO

Proposal Overview

Within the scope of this proposal dApp implementation that:

• allows users to generate a payment link that has no information about the user’s wallet address
  • allows payers to pay using provided payment link
  • using zero-knowledge proof allows the creator of the link to withdraw money in a private and secure way

Use Cases

• allows receiving payments without exposing wallet address and on-chain history
  • can be used as a mixer, when you pay your own payment link

Competitive Landscape

There are protocols that also try to solve payment privacy problems.
For example, AZTEC is focusing on hiding the transaction amounts, Tornado.Cash is focusing on hiding the origin of the money, and Tornado Nova has shielded transactions, but to initiate it recipient needs to be registered in the pool and share his/her wallet address.

Proposal Ask

EasyLink protocol will become community-driven and self-funded by transaction fees and its own DAO. In order to get this up and running, we will be requesting the $15k/year stable basic income to take care of initial development, welfare, and operations costs.

Taking into consideration the recently announced Technical Innovation Awards I’m proposing the following milestones for this ask:

1. launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
  2. forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig
  3. launching on mainnet with audit
  4. attracting 100 daily active users
  5. attracting 500 daily active users

Roadmap

Objective Date Status
Single token fixed amount [Testnet launch] 30 April 2022 Done
Single token fixed amount [Mainnet launch] 9 May 2022 Done
Support different tokens with fixed amount 1 June 2022 Pending
Support arbitrary amounts 15 July 2022 Pending
Audit circuits and smart contracts 1 August 2022 Pending
Multi token arbitrary amounts [Mainnet launch] 31 August 2022 Pending

External links

Github: GitHub - vlad324/easy-link
DApp: https://easy-link.vercel.app

I would say yes for the general category, but I think the circuits in your project do not qualify for the Technical Innovation Awards since they are pretty much based on Tornado Nova. Maybe you can elaborate a little bit more on why you think your project is an innovation?

I would mostly agree with you that current circuits are mix from the best parts of both versions of Tornado protocol.

I have decided to apply to Technical Innovation Awards category as right now I’m designing a circuits that would allow to deposit and withdraw multiple tokens with arbitrary amounts and check that amount and currency wasn’t amended by the sender, but as I see here there is possibility to be nominated later, so I think it would be fair to apply to general category right now and ask to re-evaluate it it once new circuits are implemented.
Thank you for you comment

I think that’s probably the way to go. In that case, would you mind amending your proposal so that our governors can vote for it as an application to the general category for now? Thanks.

You can simply put the amended milestones as a reply here.

1 Like

Here is my updated proposal ask:

Proposal Ask

EasyLink protocol will become community-driven and self-funded by transaction fees and its own DAO. In order to get this up and running, we will be requesting the $15k/year stable basic income to take care of initial development, welfare, and operations costs.
I’m proposing the following milestones for this ask:

1. launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
  2. forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
  3. launching on our mainnet with audit
  4. attracting 1k daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
  5. attracting 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Thank you for the amendment. Yes from me as a zkDAO governor. Also confirming that the first milestone has been reached.

1 Like

This is a yes from me as well and milestone 1 is confirmed. Looking forward to seeing your custom circuit that will allow the deposit and withdrawal of arbitrary amounts

1 Like

Nice application of zkp for privacy. Approved as governor of zkdao (milestone 1 confirmed).
Please include the contract address/explorer link in the post as well.

1 Like

A yes vote from as a zkdao governor, and I also confirm 1st milestone has been met

1 Like

Looking forward to see the upgraded circuits and mainnet launch. Yes from me! I can also confirm that the 1st milestone is reached.

1 Like

Voting yes as a zkDao governor and approving first milestone

1 Like