Harmony 8 Ball

Proposal overview

Classic 8 Ball rules
NFT Cues
Customizable upgradeable cues
Multiplayer
3D and 2D versions
Native token

Planning 50 custom tables and environments + custom themed community collaborations
50 custom cues with various attributes + custom community-themed cues.

Gameplay will be familiar and interactive, and if you have played miniclips 8ball you can easily play this.

The initial release will have at least five different tables
All cue types
Minting site
Token
1+1 PVP

Future updates will have
More tables
Community collaboration updates
Competition game mode
Leaderboards
P2E system via reflections
Made in Unity

This game will be a part of a series of mini-games I will be building.

What stage of the product or idea are you (and your team) at?
We have a GDD
Litepaper releasing next week
We have written some control and logic scripts
Created some low poly models for testing
We started high poly modeling inc environments and skyboxes.

Is it live on Harmony and/or another chain?
Not yet, and it’s exclusive to Harmony only.

How many active users do you currently have, or aim to acquire?
1200+ in Mercury discord
Close to 500 in TG

What are your milestones?
Complete game logic scripts
Complete initial modeling
Post-processing
Web3 integration
Testnet
6-8 weeks

Website
Debug
Launch mainnet
8-12 weeks

Proposal ask

$50k

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Metrics for success

Not sure at this stage will update when I have more information.

Using Mercury discord and twitter for now.

External links

Mercury discord

Mercury Twitter
@MercuryONEgame

I will post more updates here as they become available.
For now, here’s a model of a cue.

Thanks guys :pray:

10 Likes

Thought at first this was a magic 8 ball game. Your idea is much better than that haha.

2 Likes

Haha that’s actually pretty cool :joy: crypto magic 8 ball. I think you’re onto something there.:thinking::laughing:

1 Like

Awesome idea man, great attention to details. Appreciate it having a 2-dimensional version as well - could help a lot of folks who can’t afford to play graphically demanding games. The proposal is very reasonable in my opinion. Can’t wait for more updates!

2 Likes

This guy is a Vulcan! :fire:
Very exciting time ahead! :zap:

Let me be the magic 8ball

In my humble opinion this is exactly the sort of project that the grant should be awarded for. This is a simple concept that I strongly believe will be skilfully executed. There’s nothing similar in the eco-system. The Dev is a hugely regarded individual within the harmony community and has my total support

I’ve seen the modelling and screenshots. This will most definitely bring in new people new demographic to crypto and more importantly to harmony. Beyond excited to play this with some of my mates. Top quality work as usual Mando.

1 Like

I have so many questions :joy:. A simple game such as 8-ball could be a cool launchpad to cultivate a nice following if gameplay is clean and visually appealing. What I’d like to know, and what really sparked my interest is the fact that you plan to create a series of mini games. Harmony is filled with High-end defi games, but there’s not much (at least I haven’t found) many games that I can drop in when I have a little free time to play around and spend some ONE.

What other types of games do you have planned? Is there some sort of wagering mechanism? I’d love to see a whitepaper on this to see where you’d like to take it. Sounds interesting, and it could definitely find a niche crowd with a developed roadmap and clear vision. Looking forward to hearing/reading more!

1 Like

Thanks Jermone, some if the other games will be
Mini golf
Air hockey, which I will test run in this game with one table in a future update
And a few others.

You can wager, 2 ways, there’s preset tables and user defined online session, you can search through the ui for open sessions and one that suits or create your own.

1 Like

Hey Kuu, yep we can add some basic VFX and replay scenes in the 3D setting, but for the sake of keeping the game responsive I will try limit the graphic demand.

Thanks for the suggestion :pray:

I will build the game a little more then update the thread with more accurate information.

Honestly, if this application is awarded 50KUSD as it stands it shows Harmony is literally throwing money at anything.
This is possibly the laziest application I’ve read, it screams “I spent no more than 10 minutes on it”.

Firstly, when reading it I feel like I’m reading a bullet list without any bullets.
Secondly there are typos - Microsoft word has a spell check, why wouldn’t you run that before submitting? Thirdly, how on earth can a project that is asking for 50KUSD not know its own measurements of success? Is there literally no goal/objective? At a minimum read what Harmony require to unblock the funds and use those as Metrics for success - hint: 10,000 players, DAO etc.
And Finally - What’s the overarching goal here? 50K grants for all projects? Pool, Golf, Racing and whatever 1bull is?

Believe it or not, I’m excited for MercuryOne, but this application makes me question the seriousness :frowning: I hope Harmony ask for a more thought-out application - it would benefit everyone

2 Likes

I did spend 10 minutes on it because the questions are basic and I know how the game will be built.
I also used my phone not microsoft word.

I do enjoy the simple thing in life.

P.s I did mention that I’ll update it when I build it out a little more, I do appreciate the support though. :pray:

3 Likes

To think this is just the tip of the Iceberg!

I agree with a few other posters here. These mini-games are a great way to introduce users of a different demographic to Blockchain gaming. Users who don’t have time or are daunted by the big questing and fantasy games will be more comfortable with a familiar gameplay that can be played casually and not take up a chunk of valuable time. Will the one token be used for all the planned mini-games be used or will each game have it’s own token?

Hey Jonny, so it will be one token across all games with a relatively low supply, we can also scale the game as required, right now it’s setup for 10k players /NFTs
Per game but if the demand is there we can easily expand to accommodate the new users.

Here’s some screen shots of the 3D mode and one from 2D view.

2 Likes

This is a great project backed by a great dev and an awesome community.

Games will be very addictive and will certainly help to bring more users to Harmony.

Wow it looks amazing :heart_eyes:

Hey guys, our first scene is complete, working on gameplay/demo now once that is done I will update the proposal. :pray:

Here is a few shots directly from the actual game scene. These aren’t static renderings.

2 Likes