Harmony Nigeria DAO (Harmony NaijaDAO) Proposal

The Africa DAO is extremely pleased to see this moving fwd!!!

4 Likes

thank you for the updates @Symphony.One! :blue_heart:

currently reviewing the updates, you can expect a response today. :smile:

4 Likes

Awesome.

Can’t wait to bring Harmony Adoption in Nigeria :nigeria:.

Believe me, once we capture Nigeria, we have captured Africa.

Harmony Naija :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

3 Likes

Hello, friends!

Excited to keep this proposal progressing. Let’s dig in.

Merch:

I believe collaboration with the Harmony Africa DAO and governors can be a path forward.

Budget:

Thank you for detailing the dev training and social media budgets. Keep in mind, that some things you have budgeted for are aligned with Regional DAO deliverables. Such as hackathons and growing community. The DAO treasury will receive $10K for each deliverable upon scheduling and/or completion. Reminder of Regional DAO deliverables:

• $10k for translating open.harmony.one.
  • $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
  • $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
  • $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.
  • $10k for growing public community to 1,000 active members on Twitter.

Elections:

6 months for first term governors to achieve a sense of sustainability in DAO operations is understandable. We would like to stress the importance of 3 month terms. DAOs are not kingdoms. The initial governors do not rule by divine right, nor are they supposed to be “Governor-for-Life”. DAOism is about community. About passionate participation in projects. It is vital that we have a regular rotation of community members experiencing the responsibility of managing the DAOs treasury.

Meet-ups:

Some of the criteria for Regional DAO’s involves regional meet-ups. As such, it is important to have governors that are local to that region. It is not required, but would take less strain off of treasury management. I believe governors that aren’t local to the specific region can have an important role to play in administrative operations.

DAO’s can expand. It’s important that DAO governors and communities find their feet. We must learn to walk, before we can run. In order to expedite this DAO bootstrap funding proposal, I would suggest the Harmony Nigeria DAO begin as a Regional DAO. Taking into consideration the mandates and initial deliverables required of a Regional DAO in their first 3 months, with a goal to expand.

I’m excited to hear the thoughts of the NaijaDAO. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Greetings Harmony Team. @frwrdslosh

From your recent feedback and advice that we kick off first as a regional DAO. We have put on hold our initial proposal for future term activities.

Please find below our updated proposal according to the regional dao guidelines.

Our mission which was espoused in the previous proposal is still same and can now be summed up as : TECH for Social Change

The 3 Mandates of Harmony Naija DAO – Tech for Social Change

Growth: onboard users on missions and culture, pollinate values across communities.

Engagement: amplify content of roadmap and milestones, creative campaigns of products.

Diversity: solicit voices and votes in forums, reinforce strong governance participation.

What we have done so far:

• Created a twitter, telegram and discord community which is growing day by day. Assigned roles to governors.
  • Bought a domain name www.naijadao.one
  • Started the designing of the website to have a toggle for the 3 core Nigerian languages: Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa.
  • Started weekly twitter spaces on Mondays 5pm CET (this will later be moved to Fridays)
  • Started the translation of open.harmony.one into the 3 major Nigerian languages with a time frame of 30 days to completion. The website will be updated daily.
  • Began the planning of the Hackathon (Tech for social change) billed to hold in late March.
  • Began the preparation of our first meetup in February.
  • Set up a multisig with 5 out 9 signatories.
  • Set up organizational email address info@naijadao.one
  • Set up discord roles and channels.

Funding plans.

As advised, we will be seeking the sum of $50,000 to meet our goals according to the regional dao guidelines.

• $10k for translating open.harmony.one.
  • $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
  • $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
  • $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.
  • $10k for growing public community to 1,000 active members on Telegram/Twitter.

Metrics for success

• translation to the 3 major Nigerian languages for open.harmony.one.

• 2 meetups for 50 people each

• a regional hackathon of 100 developers (co-sponsoring, partnering).

• 5 approved grantees from the Nigeria speaking region.

• 1,000 active members on Twitter/Telegram.

Update on Governors.

One of our governors; Oseghale Donal Okoh has resigned due to heavy work schedule from his place of work. We will be holding an election next week to fill up his position. We have opened a topic on community thread to create a category for NDAO, we hope it is approved so that we can be able to post our matters in our category and keep the community updated.

Our next course of action

The NDAO being a DAO of diverse ethnicities will strive to enshrine the principle or inclusion and diversity in all our activities while meeting our 3 mandates.

As a regional and community dao, here is our next line of action.

1. Elect one more governor to fill up the vacant position.

2. Set a database for membership details and forms.

3. Begin updated email updates to members on work done weekly.

4. Get our approved Harmony forum category to situate all discussions.

5. Release weekly contents and publish on our twitter and website

6. Create a clockify account to record governor and team member hours and details of work.

7. Get the translation done before February 29.

8. Host first meetup in second week of February

9. Host our tech for social change hackathon last week of March.

10. Host our 2 days Tech for social change conference and presentation in March.

11. Grow the community to at least 1000 members by March 30th.

12. Begin community sensitization in satellite campuses on web 3 and blockchain development.

13. Begin the facilitation of the DAO towards a path of self-sustainability in the near future.

Our next election should we get approved this February following the 3 monthly term limit set by Harmony will take place in May depending on the date of this approval.

We will keep updating this thread as we meet every milestone while soliciting your indulgence to make it easier for us through a speedy approval to get the ground running.

Thank you .

3 Likes

Thank you @Symphony.One and NaijaDAO governors for your commitment to community and your passion for Harmony.

This Regional DAO proposal is approved for a bootstrap fund based on the Regional DAO guidelines.

Looking forward to your success! :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Update:

Translation work is ongoing and we are building our own website ( www.naijadao.one )since Notion doesn’t have our native national languages.

Our meetup comes up on the 19th of February.

We do request that the funds for the translation and 50% of the meetup funds be disbursed to enable us pay translators, venue for meetup and other logistics.

We also solicit the support of Harmony to provide us with the Merch we need for this meetup.

Thank you. @frwrdslosh @lij

3 Likes

Good evening!

I am able to view the translation document, but the second document requests access. I assume it’s in regards to the meet-up on Feb. 19th? Would love to see the details. Very excited for that. And superb job on the translations. I wish I understood :sweat_smile:

In regards to Merchandise, Harmony is working on a “portal” of sorts, that Harmony DAO’s can enter and request merchandise for meet-ups. Like a Merch-Box. Unfortunately, it may not be ready for the first meet-up for the NaijaDAO that is rapidly approaching. It can be something you share in the meet-up.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Yes the second google docx is for the meetup plans and what we will be paying. We have granted you access to view it.

We would appreciate prompt funding to enable us meet scheduled plans. Thanks once again.

@lij

1 Like

I love this proposal and i’m so happy with the aproved!! Hope you will escalate as expecting :pray:
If u need any help, the @SpanishDAO will bring everything you might need!! Best wishes @Symphony.One and Harmony Naija DAO

3 Likes

The NaijaDAO is approved $10K for the translation tranche! :blue_heart: :confetti_ball:

However, funding for meet-ups is only approved after meet-ups of 50+ people have taken place.

Please resubmit an invoice for $10K and we will send that to the treasury. Thank you, governors!

2 Likes

Thank you so much @frwrdslosh

We have resubmitted the invoice. Please check.

2 Likes

the $10k translation grant has been funded: Harmony Blockchain Explorer

1 Like

Thank you for this quote.

REPORT ON FIRST MEETUP BY HARMONY NAIJA (NIGERIA) DAO
Gm frens of the Harmony Naija DAO.

First off, we are really excited about the progress we have made since inception, and how far we have come. There is still more to be done, and this little milestone achievements only show us that our dreams, as bold and audacious as they are, are valid and very possible.

On Saturday the 19th of February, 2022, the Harmony Naija DAO held its first ever physical meetup in Benin City, Nigeria. I think it is also Harmony’s first fully organised event in the country, the first of many to come. The program was an eye-opener, and as a DAO we discovered that many Nigerians are really interested and passionate about the Blockchain Space. We onboarded all attendees to our Telegram community to keep the conversation going, and several of them have started exploring ways to break into web3.0 and provide value to the ecosystem. This is why we keep working.

Summary of The Event
The event took place at the Edo Innovation Hub, Benin City. It began at about 11 am (WAT) and ran till evening. We had two speakers who lectured at the event. The first speaker, Mr Tunmise Olaoluwa spoke on “Getting Started With Blockchain: Basic Concepts of Blockchain Technology.” The second speaker and blockchain developer, Mr Constance Etiosa, spoke on, “The Blockchain Developer Roadmap: Beginner Guide To Building Solutions on Web3.0.”

We also had DaVinci DAO give a lecture on NFTs and how our creatives can explore this space. Four of our Governors also had sessions with the attendees, along with Q&A sessions and giveaways. The NFT giveaway was sponsored by the DaVinci DAO and for this Naija DAO is grateful. We also had ONE giveaway sponsored by the DAO.

It was educative, fun, and informative. Here are some highlights from the event so you can catch up: Pictures and Event Highlights

Here is a link to the document showing the winners of the NFTs and ONE rewards during the meetup.
NFT and ONE winners

7 Likes

Update on Achieved milestones:

Greetings @frwrdslosh @lij @dpagan-harmony

1. The Harmony Nigeria (Naija) DAO is happy to announce that we have achieved over 1,000 community membership on telegram.

2. Over the last 5 weeks, we have been working tirelessly on our own notion website since what Harmony has doesn’t have our indigenous languages of Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa. You can view this here and our translations across the major ethnic languages in Nigeria: www.naijadao.one

More of these updates are still ongoing and is projected to be completed by the end of the month of March.

1. Harmony Nigeria DAO is hosting their second meetup in Lagos on the first week of April.

2. Harmony Nigeria DAO is hosting a virtual Hackthon by the second week of April in collaboration with local web2 and web3 SMEs.

We humbly solicit:

1. That we be granted the $10k 1000 Telegram membership deliverable metric as we have met this and continue to exceed expectations in this regard.

2. That we be granted the $10k for hosting two meetups of 50 persons each. We have hosted the first meetup successfully, and we really need funds to successfully host the second one. Our first meetup was highly economized that we couldn’t afford to share good refreshments to participants. Moreso, things are getting so costly in Nigeria at the moment together with high inflation rate and no available gas supplies. this fund will really go into an efficient and smooth successful meetup.

3. We crave your indulgence to support us on our upcoming hackathon by granting us two judges from the core team or sub teams to help us pick winners of the hackathon. We are expecting more than 100 developers to attend.

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement in the past and in hope for more to come.

We now wait in anticipation to hearing favorably from you at your earliest convenience.

5 Likes

Awesome one!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

This is amazing progress from the Harmony Naija Team. I was part of the meetup they held in Benin City and it was amazing. Also, the telegram group is very engaging and educative. I am happy to be part of this wonderful community.

Amazing! You guys are really doing well. I excitedly anticipate your upcoming Meetup in Lagos.

Being a member of your Telegram community is a big positive for me on my journey in Crypto.

Thank you #HarmonyNaijaDAO keep doing more!

please submit invoices for the Twitter/Telegram milestone and the Meetups milestone!

:blue_heart:

Your request on providing two judges from Harmony is noted :smile:

Congrats on the DAO’s successes so far, my friend!

4 Likes