Harmony Ukrainian DAO

Regional DAO

Harmony Ukrainian DAO

Proposal overview

Mission and Vision Harmony Ukrainian DAO

The creation of a Ukrainian regional DAO (decentralized autonomous organization) has two main goals:

1. Creating an information platform to attract new community members and tools to encourage them;
  2. Attracting developers and companies who will develop their product in the Harmony network.

Our mission is to develop Harmony ecosystem and each member’s business by sharing experiences, competencies and connections. We strive to create a community of Ukrainians, developing Harmony project, which everyone will want to join, where everyone will find his or her place in our community.

Harmony Ukrainian DAO will introduce the Ukrainian users to the Harmony project and teach them how to use Harmony technologies.

To do this we will attract new developers, users and teams of Ukrainian startups to the project. Together we will do our best to build a successful regional community, based on the principles of decentralized governance and knowledge sharing.

An important priority for Harmony Ukrainian DAO is to strive for self-sufficiency, so as soon as the master list of Managers is approved, we will start creating a business plan and building a business model.

We have already made a significant contribution to the creation of the primary infrastructure of the Ukrainian DAO Harmony on the talk.harmony.one forum (and we are only at the beginning of a great journey). The next step will be the creation of media channels in social networks (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Discord, Telegram), the development of a content strategy and the dissemination of information about our regional DAO in Ukrainian media, such as, for example, hromadske.ua and others.

To attract attention to Harmony blockchain project we planned a number of events, which will be noticed by all crypto-community of Ukraine and many people who are not yet familiar with cryptocurrencies.

We will develop Harmony Ukrainian DAO by attracting teachers, opinion leaders and businessmen, who already have their own audience.

Our team consists of people who are familiar with the Harmony project and its technology. The main channel for communication we chose is the forum talk.harmony.one, where each member of the community is highly visible and you can see the history of his activity and contribution to the development of the whole ecosystem of the project.

Forum will be updated with new members and news as the regional Ukrainian DAO grows and develops.

We plan to add to the Ukrainian branch of the forum translations of all Harmony ecosystem projects’ releases. Moreover, news from the forum will be duplicated in our media channels and other thematic forums and sites. One of our first media partners will be cryptocoinexpert.info and the media channels of our Managers.

Our regional DAO will encourage active participants and create all conditions for their further development in the Harmony ecosystem. The active members of the Ukrainian community are joining to the Harmony Ukrainian DAO Ambassador Network, which we are planning to create.

3 expert mandates of Harmony Ukrainian DAO:

1. Growth: to instill the mission and culture in new Harmony users, to spread values in Ukrainian communities.
  2. Engagement: support content about the changes and achievements of the roadmap, creating creative campaigns for products in the Harmony ecosystem and beyond.
  3. Diversity: creating educational materials, media events, activism and voting in forums, and increasing active participation in the governance of the Harmony Global Community.

Our Global Goal is to involve Ukrainian media channels, developers, startup teams, software companies, users and additional liquidity into the Harmony project.

Our primary goals:

• Create and develop an accessible infrastructure for Ukrainian users and for the development of their businesses in the Harmony ecosystem.
  • Educate Harmony blockchain users and future DApps creators.
  • Together with the Harmony Foundation team create mechanisms for crypto economic incentives for Ukrainian users.
  • Launch the Harmony Ukrainian DAO Ambassador Program

The initial list of candidates for managing Harmony Ukrainian DAO.

As a basis for the initial list of managers of our regional DAO, we took the proposal of the participant @PetrSet, the essence of the proposal is that everyone can participate in the election of the first managers of our regional DAO active participants of the talk.harmony.one forum who are fluent in Ukrainian and have contributed to the creation and development of the Ukrainian community

In our opinion, the leaders of the community can be users with the level of confidence “Member”.

In addition, when forming the list of the initial candidates for managers, we considered not only the forum statistics, but also the activity in the discussions in our public Telegram group and during the discussion of the text of the proposal.

@shestov
@m1m2
@Spacemo
@FRATE
@BitMet
@Monobird
@baraeva
@vikavi
@PetrSet

• Harmony Ukrainian DAO managers are changed every 3 months, by election and voting at Snapshot.org. or by voting on the forum talk.harmony.one, about which we will notify the community in advance in the voting thread in the Ukrainian branch of the forum talk.harmony.one.

• Any active member of the Ukrainian community can take part in the elections and post his candidacy for the role of Manager. To do this you need to confirm your contribution to the development of the Ukrainian community and publish your proposal in the Ukrainian category of the forum talk.harmony.one.

• All members of the Ukrainian community, who have been active on the forum talk.harmony.one, can take part in the elections and vote for Managers.

• The election mechanism will be finalized after the election of the First Managers of the Harmony Ukrainian DAO and approved by voting.

We have planned the first steps of the Harmony Ukrainian DAO:

1. Attracting new participants to the forum or Telegram chat with knowledge of cryptocurrencies and DAOs, who can potentially become candidates in the first leadership election;
  2. Publish a funding request to the Harmony Foundation (once the funding process is resumed and the Bootstrap DAO is approved)
  3. Elect 9 leaders from the list of candidates to run Harmony Ukrainian DAO
  4. Create multi-signature wallet (after funding process resumes and Bootstrap DAO is approved)
  5. Develop a Ukrainian-language section on the talk.harmony.one forum, and fill it with news and educational content
  6. Create media channels for Harmony Ukrainian DAO and develop a content strategy
  7. Fill media channels with thematic content
  8. Develop a mechanism to encourage the creation of content in the Ukrainian language
  9. Launch the Harmony Ukrainian DAO Ambassador program
  10. Develop a mechanism to fill the treasury of the DAO

Proposal ask

As soon as the DAO Bootstrap funding and approval process is resumed, we will create an additional Harmony Foundation funding request proposal and create a multi-signature wallet.

We are also asking the international community and the Harmony team to review our proposal and point us to our weaknesses to correct them.

Prosal author: @m1m2.
Moderator of the telegram chat discussion: @shestov
Development (discussion, correction) was also worked on: @Spacemo, @monobird, @FRATE, @BitMet, @PetrSet
Work on the forum: @baraeva, @vikavi, @Lauram

15 Likes

How did we do that?
Easy, here’s a picture

12 Likes

Greetings to the international community of Harmony!

Today I’m going to tell you some facts about Ukraine, about the situation in our country, and about where the initiators of the decentralized Harmony Ukrainian DAO team live now.

1. Ukraine is the biggest country in Europe.

2. The only country larger than Ukraine is its current enemy - Russia.

3. Ukraine (603,500 square kilometers) is larger than France (547,030 square kilometers) and Spain (505,992 square kilometers), the third and fourth largest countries in Europe.

4. The population of Ukraine before the war was about 40 million people.

5. The capital of the country and the largest city is Kiev. The official and national language is Ukrainian, and most people also speak Russian fluently.

6. Ukraine has the fourth largest number of higher education graduates in Europe, while it has the seventh largest population. The organization of higher education in Ukraine is built up in accordance with the structure of education of the world’s higher developed countries, as is defined by UNESCO and the UN.

7. The rapidly growing IT sector is one of the most interesting and attractive industries in Ukraine with over 4000 tech companies. It is also diverse - from nanotechnologies and blockchain to AI and game development. 18 Ukrainian companies are listed among 100 TOP Outsourcing companies by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals. More than 100 of Fortune 500 clients and a number of other large companies have chosen Ukrainian IT services, including Nasdaq, Amazon, Adobe, SAP, Hotels.com, Vodafone, ING, Microsoft, Allianz, Bosch, KIA, Playbuzz, SAS, Volvo, Viaplay, etc. (Source)

8. March 16, 2022 Ukraine legalized the crypto sector - Zelensky signed a profile law on virtual assets. As stated in the Ministry of Securities, foreign and Ukrainian crypto-exchanges will work legally. In addition, banks will open accounts for cryptocompanies, and Ukrainians will be able to protect their savings in virtual assets. The law also stipulates that the state will guarantee judicial protection of rights to virtual assets. (Source)

9. Before the Russo-Ukrainian war, the number of tourists visiting Ukraine was eighth in Europe according to the World Tourism Organization.

Data source: Wikipedia

War and Ukraine.

On February 24, 2022, war came to Ukraine. The war changed many aspects of Ukrainian life. Many people were forced to leave their homes and move to the central and western regions of Ukraine; many old people, women, and children were temporarily relocated abroad.

Today, thanks to unprecedented assistance from all the world’s leading countries and the Marshall Plan for Ukraine approved by the U.S. government, the Ukrainian army is successfully repelling Russian aggression.

The map of military operations as of May 20, 2022 looks like this:

This map shows that much of Ukraine is already beginning to return to civilian life.

Decentralized Harmony Ukrainian DAO team

As we have already written in the proposal, the Harmony Ukrainian DAO aims to build an open community that will develop the Harmony ecosystem in Ukraine.

The initiators of our regional DAO are now safe and able to work. Our team is located in different cities of Ukraine (Kiev, Lviv, Odessa, Ternopil) and outside of Ukraine (Amsterdam, Tilburg, Vienna, Ljubljana, Potsdam, Prague).

But in the era of Web3 distance is not an issue, so we can effectively develop Harmony Ukrainian DAO and Ukrainian local on the forum, create online and offline events, build media channels and cooperate with educational institutions, attract new followers and developers to the global Harmony ecosystem.

11 Likes

@BitMet , Thank you for this :blue_heart::yellow_heart:
:muscle:

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It was exactly like that :rofl::rofl::rofl:
@m1m2, respect for the work done :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

9 Likes

Great post!
If we’re already talking about statistics, I’d like to show everyone the beauty of Ukraine.
This dynamic video shows the beauty of our country.
Mountains, fields, architecture, forests and lakes. Too bad it’s not the best time to travel.

8 Likes

Can you explain precisely why you need a DAO to meet your objectives? It seems like social media and networking would suffice.

Also, the unfortunate reality is that Ukraine is losing this war contrary to what @BitMet stated. Btw the “map of military operations” @BitMet shared actually shows the complete opposite of Ukraine returning to civilian life. The majority of densly populated cities in Ukraine are found along its eastern border where Russia has either taken control or there is ongoing conflict. I highly suggest that Harmony wait until the war is over before considering this one.

2 Likes

Thank you for submitting a proposal to Harmony’s $300M Ecosystem Fund. We are in the process of reviewing your proposal and assigned to @frwrdslosh on behalf of the Grants Ops team.

We would also love :blue_heart: to have the Harmony community participate to ask questions and provide feedbacks.

If you have more details to add, please do so by replying to this thread.

10 Likes

At the very beginning of the presentation, we wrote the purpose of creating a DAO:

The creation of a Ukrainian regional DAO (decentralized autonomous organization) has two main goals:

1. Creating an information platform to attract new community members and tools to encourage them;
  2. Attracting developers and companies who will develop their product in the Harmony network.

Social media is not enough for that.

In one of your posts I read that you are an active member of Mars Colony community, you may be interested to know that the development team of this startup comes from Ukraine (fully or partially).

8 Likes

@PetrSet Yes, you wrote the purpose but you’re not explaining why you need a DAO. What will a DAO help you accomplish that social media alone cannot? Discord can be an “information platform”. So can a website. “Tools” is vague. There’s enough controversy surrounding Harmony’s DAO program as it is, I just want to know you’re not going to add to it.

Yes, I’m aware. About half of the Mars Colony team is Ukrainian and I believe most are leaving. This war has been a hindrance to development efforts. I have nothing against Ukraine or Ukrainians but it doesn’t seem wise to start this now.

2 Likes

Hi. Thank you for your interesting question, which I will try to answer.

As you have repeatedly reminded me, there is a war in Ukraine right now. Part of the territories are under occupation, many people have been forced to leave their homes and cities, and some people have temporarily or permanently moved abroad. In this situation, many traditional institutions of organizational management have been destroyed or ineffective.

It was the war that forced many people in Ukraine to pay attention to DAO - a self-organizing community with decentralized and automatically executed via blockchain functions of governance and voting, financial management, participation, compensation, organization of work flows.

Today in Ukraine there is a great shortage of new effective management tools that allow people to interact with each other remotely, make joint decisions, control their execution in a decentralized way, and coordinate resources through decentralized and provably neutral mechanisms.

Harmony Ukrainian DAO is being created by a group of Ukrainians to show by example that the DAO mechanism in the Harmony blockchain network can work effectively, and can set up effective work of a team of people unfamiliar or unfamiliar with each other.

We have a vision for development and a program of action. Step by step we execute that program.

Harmony Ukrainian DAO, in contrast to many other DAOs, is a great experiment, in the successful implementation of which many people in Ukraine are now interested. On the other hand the enemies of Ukraine are not interested in the successful implementation of our initiative, we understand that, we have a war in the country, so there are enemies.

I have tried to answer your question why we need DAO. Feel free to ask more questions.

I also want to tell you a fact known to many citizens of Ukraine. Men of conscription age cannot leave the territory of Ukraine now, so we work in Ukraine even in spite of the hostilities that are taking place in some areas of our big country.

9 Likes

Regional DAOs always have been to me some kind of extension of the @HarmonyCommunityDAO . I always was standing for a regional DAO being an ambassador of the @HarmonyCommunityDAO in their particular countries. So when questioned why Ukrainians need a DAO of their own, my answer is that actually Harmony also needs a Community DAO in Ukraine and specially because this country has the greatest potential for Harmony’s development.
And for sure the ONERUDAO is not the Ukrainian’s choice - it was actually a lack of choice and the reasons are obvious i believe.

Looking to people that are involved in all creation processes now, i am so proud to see them obviously professionals - you can read their thoughts above to have no doubts on that. People that had to grow up fast and understand that all Ukrainian is not a general RU, it is actually a clear Ukrainian and they have to take care, good care of its native Community and not something illusory like RU.

So yes, a Harminy Ukrainian DAO is needed for the Harmony Community because of the developers’ potential of Ukrainian Community, favorably created legislation for Crypto industry in Ukraine, population that is young and restlessly striving to do the best in any conditions live would throw them in.

Glory to Ukraine! :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Hi @Rutherford, the idea of DAO is quite new in our region. Will be a lot of discussion about purpose, mechanics and organization structure ahead. Early sart of the process i consider as a positive sign. And it’s probably not just abut Harmony (of course it prioritaise) but also about the DAO as an idea. The try to build here something new, open and useful.

7 Likes

Thank you for the response. However, I don’t feel that my question was adequately answered. Can you tell us about your career experiences? And specifically how they relate to running a DAO? Any successful companies or crypto projects that you’ve been a part of that we can verify?

1 Like

But here is the issue. Your proposal is to show DAOs themselves are good for the sake of DAOs rather than a DAO that is good for Harmony.

I don’t know how to say this in a nice way but it concerns me that you wrote this proposal:

1 Like

I would agree this proposal is milking a combination of things: people’s guilt over Ukraine, their need to have a separate DAO “for” Ukraine and for “Ukranians” but… somehow a country currently with limited internet access will contribute to Harmony through??? “good press” whatever that is, that the OP has a history of overly complicated proposals with no real implementation history to speak of. In essence, this will become a charity that the govs will get 75 usd an hour for and no way of ever becoming self funding and sustainable.

4 Likes

We knew that Harmony suspended grants program when we start discussion. And we started gathering ideas about self-sufficiency.
Locked mechanics, NFT votig, regional validators, pseudo-KYC to avoid “dead souls”.
Here, in Ukraine, isn’t any “limited internet access” at all. I’m curious where you found this information?

9 Likes

What are your KPIs for this though? I don’t, and many don’t, understand why we need an Ukraine DAO at this present time. Will it bring 100,000 users into the Harmony ecosystem? I doubt it. I think we should use our resources for countries like China, Indonesia, India, and so on, with a huge population and which are places not impacted by internet issues or war. This will have the highest net benefit for Harmony, the blockchain. We are not a charity. I repeat. Harmony. Is. Not. A. Charity.

1 Like

You have shown 2 provider from 2 regions touched by war. There are a hundreds of them plus mobile. We have 24 regions not two. We don’t ask for any charity, it is the only start of discussion as metioned.

9 Likes