Formation and tuning of UK Regional DAO
UK is and international multicultural country where creative industries and technology industries co-exist.
Harmony in UK has a competitive advantage to capture and build on a rich heritage of the UK’s creative leaders, including musicians, filmmakers, TV and theatre producers, authors, architects, games developers, fashion designers and publishers.
Renowned for their innovation and originality, UK creative pioneers and entrepreneurs pride themselves on working, in cross-disciplinary collaborative teams, providing business with the creative imagination that drives commercial success.
This is particularly true in London where there are world-class creative companies.
Tech City in East London is fast becoming a digital centre of Europe
Creativity and Technology go hand in hand. Creative companies and small fast-growing digital technology companies working together In UK bringing innovative solutions in the domestic and international markets
Furthermore, the gaming industries, innovative business and financial industries as well as green tech are among many more avenues where Harmony and its network can bring blockchain adoption and offer a lunch pad for web3 development and build bridges with the web2 world.
UK is ready to embrace new Technologies, reinventing itself by embracing new techniques and modes of business.
Harmony DAO UK can adopt this creative and innovative energy and offer education, network, adoption and new tools to existing as well as start-up companies and freelancers on a variety of disciplines to grow and build.
Depside this energy some UK areas such as Cornwall and Cumbria have been deprived of work and investment. Harmony UK DAO can work in these areas with local communities and also seek matched funding offering educational projects offering one type of solution by creating jobs, new freelance coders, creatives, inventors and entrepreneurs.
The UK DAO as it grows will create educational courses and modules for Universities.
London is an international hub and UK DAO will bring an international event in Europe attracting talent and instigate collaborations. This event will work as catalyst to establish the UK DAO. Also act as a reference to inspire local regional events in many other cities and attract investment.
The UK DAO will be an adaptive open organisation which can form a legal entity/ organisation (TBD) and have regional representation, all regions working collaboratively. As a dynamic and open organisation, the UK DAO will shapeshift and bring solutions to the UK creative industries education business financial sector and local regeneration.
- 3 Mandates of Harmony UK DAO
Adoption : Onboard and Inspire new community members through Practical and Theoretical Educational events. Enrolment into Harmony dApps and Ecosystem (NFT platforms, Validator Tutorial and Onboarding.). Potential for subscription format to free Harmony Newsletters.
Engagement : Approach institutions / Educational Bodies to Promote Learning with Harmony as a Gateway. Demonstrate Ecosystem dApps and Ecosystem Growth potential and in Real Terms at events, guest speakers (Gaming / Defi tutorials – Developer Outreach). Demonstrate interoperability and bridging of Chains. NFT Artist representation for creatives. Sponsorship of events.
Inclusivity : Utilise community initiatives to create and encourage active community participation across all platforms. Examples of this would be free Crypto safety workshops, free NFT experiences with Guest artists. Encourage collaboration.
- What the UK DAO can do
- Support - Be a centre point of Reference for UK Harmony In-person / Virtual Events and Networking for community growth and collaboration.
- Safety – Promote and Educate Retail on Blockchain Safety / Promoting Benefits of HarmonyONE Wallet Features for the UK Demographic through Free Workshops and Events.
- Developers – Assisting to Promote Harmony Blockchain Advantages and Simplify onboarding of New Developers and Harmony Ecosystem promotion for UK Devs, Through guidance and in-person events. Create Work-Experience-type Collaboration with Existing UK dApp Grants.
- Publicise – Article Generation / dApp reviews / General Mixed Media to generate Interest / Excitement from Retail and Professional in UK Marketplace. Collaborate with Local Media and Universities to Spread Message to Key Demographics.
- Planning – Plan and Execute Co-ordinated Harmony Events in Cities all Around the UK with Experienced Team Guidance. Work with Exchanges / Other Crypto Media to Assist in Covering Costs / Being self-sustaining.
- AMAs – Knowledgeable and Credible presence within team for Q&As. Be a Trusted Update Reference Point for UK Harmony Users.
- Promote – Community Representation for Diverse Community Needs through DAO In-Team representation for Creative Space. How-to Literature and NFT Marketplace Reviews and Special Featured Media / Interviews
- Sponsor – Work with Exchanges / Other Media or Businesses to Cover Cost and Self Sustain.
- Social Media – A Healthy Combined Social Media following for assisting in Promotion of the DAO and its Goals.
Multisig Wallet Info
Information of Governors
- Adam Spinos (Drspinosa) - Main Roles: DAO Treasurer, Budgeter and Event / Content Co-Ordinator.
- Miguel Jeria (Heaven) - Main Roles: Technical Content, Event Planning, Community Social Outreach (Social Media & Creative)
- Chris (Cheeky Crypto) – Main Roles: Social Content & Marketing (relocating?)
- Nick (Cheeky Crypto) - Main Roles: Social Content & Marketing
- Roshan Narain - Main Roles: Dev Outreach & Proposal Onboarding Assistant
- Dan Boyden (Wolf of All Streets) – Main Roles: Educational and Technical content co-ordinator
- Sarah from Gaia – Main Roles: Limited as will soon be relocating
- Michael Agua (Stakius Maximous) – NFT and Artistic direction
- Alison Hand (Alix) – Admin and “housekeeping” collect weekly time sheets arrange timely payments and keep a record o ONEs spent and basic bookkeeping of fiat payments (ONLY suggested - To be agreed)
To achieve longevity and sustainable growth The UK DAO is asking for a £250k (GBP) paid over 1 year every 3 months starting from January 2022
Q1 £80K (GBP)
Q2 £60K (GBP)
Q3 £60K (GBP)
Q4 £50K (GBP)
Metrics for success
Successful London Launch Event with Sponsored Partnership. Mailing List with 80%+ Uptake from event attendees. Grow social Media Presence to Over 500 Followers on Twitter and Equal Number on Telegram.
grow the social media further from Q2 to 5000+ followers by the end of 2022
Run At least 3 Safety / Educational Workshops in Different Cities. Partner with Local Media or Educational Bodies for Event Collaboration and Exposure. Establish Website.
Run NFT Onboarding Events and assist in setting up 5-10 Validators on the network.
Establish Strategic collaborations and premierships, Tech and creative industries, Financial companies and local/ national government organisations and universities.
Form a Legal entity. NPO, CIC, Ltd, LLP etc - To be voted and established within 1 years from formation.
Recruit talent and support local hackathons in at least 3 UK cities
Offer at least one microgrant / hackathon for developing dApps, games tech bridging web2-web3 solutions
Offer support and feedback to the Harmony Core team to improve and develop the network.
Recruit talented people in the UK and internationally.
Repurpose unused or gained funds to support UK projects and much funding form either Harmony or UK institutions.