Formation of UK Regional DAO

DAO type

Formation and tuning of UK Regional DAO

Proposal Overview

UK is and international multicultural country where creative industries and technology industries co-exist.

Harmony in UK has a competitive advantage to capture and build on a rich heritage of the UK’s creative leaders, including musicians, filmmakers, TV and theatre producers, authors, architects, games developers, fashion designers and publishers.

Renowned for their innovation and originality, UK creative pioneers and entrepreneurs pride themselves on working, in cross-disciplinary collaborative teams, providing business with the creative imagination that drives commercial success.

This is particularly true in London where there are world-class creative companies.

Tech City in East London is fast becoming a digital centre of Europe

Creativity and Technology go hand in hand. Creative companies and small fast-growing digital technology companies working together In UK bringing innovative solutions in the domestic and international markets

Furthermore, the gaming industries, innovative business and financial industries as well as green tech are among many more avenues where Harmony and its network can bring blockchain adoption and offer a lunch pad for web3 development and build bridges with the web2 world.

UK is ready to embrace new Technologies, reinventing itself by embracing new techniques and modes of business.
Harmony DAO UK can adopt this creative and innovative energy and offer education, network, adoption and new tools to existing as well as start-up companies and freelancers on a variety of disciplines to grow and build.

Depside this energy some UK areas such as Cornwall and Cumbria have been deprived of work and investment. Harmony UK DAO can work in these areas with local communities and also seek matched funding offering educational projects offering one type of solution by creating jobs, new freelance coders, creatives, inventors and entrepreneurs.

The UK DAO as it grows will create educational courses and modules for Universities.

London is an international hub and UK DAO will bring an international event in Europe attracting talent and instigate collaborations. This event will work as catalyst to establish the UK DAO. Also act as a reference to inspire local regional events in many other cities and attract investment.

The UK DAO will be an adaptive open organisation which can form a legal entity/ organisation (TBD) and have regional representation, all regions working collaboratively. As a dynamic and open organisation, the UK DAO will shapeshift and bring solutions to the UK creative industries education business financial sector and local regeneration.

1. 3 Mandates of Harmony UK DAO

Adoption : Onboard and Inspire new community members through Practical and Theoretical Educational events. Enrolment into Harmony dApps and Ecosystem (NFT platforms, Validator Tutorial and Onboarding.). Potential for subscription format to free Harmony Newsletters.

Engagement : Approach institutions / Educational Bodies to Promote Learning with Harmony as a Gateway. Demonstrate Ecosystem dApps and Ecosystem Growth potential and in Real Terms at events, guest speakers (Gaming / Defi tutorials – Developer Outreach). Demonstrate interoperability and bridging of Chains. NFT Artist representation for creatives. Sponsorship of events.

Inclusivity : Utilise community initiatives to create and encourage active community participation across all platforms. Examples of this would be free Crypto safety workshops, free NFT experiences with Guest artists. Encourage collaboration.

1. What the UK DAO can do
  • Support - Be a centre point of Reference for UK Harmony In-person / Virtual Events and Networking for community growth and collaboration.
  • Safety – Promote and Educate Retail on Blockchain Safety / Promoting Benefits of HarmonyONE Wallet Features for the UK Demographic through Free Workshops and Events.
  • Developers – Assisting to Promote Harmony Blockchain Advantages and Simplify onboarding of New Developers and Harmony Ecosystem promotion for UK Devs, Through guidance and in-person events. Create Work-Experience-type Collaboration with Existing UK dApp Grants.
  • Publicise – Article Generation / dApp reviews / General Mixed Media to generate Interest / Excitement from Retail and Professional in UK Marketplace. Collaborate with Local Media and Universities to Spread Message to Key Demographics.
  • Planning – Plan and Execute Co-ordinated Harmony Events in Cities all Around the UK with Experienced Team Guidance. Work with Exchanges / Other Crypto Media to Assist in Covering Costs / Being self-sustaining.
  • AMAs – Knowledgeable and Credible presence within team for Q&As. Be a Trusted Update Reference Point for UK Harmony Users.
  • Promote – Community Representation for Diverse Community Needs through DAO In-Team representation for Creative Space. How-to Literature and NFT Marketplace Reviews and Special Featured Media / Interviews
  • Sponsor – Work with Exchanges / Other Media or Businesses to Cover Cost and Self Sustain.
  • Social Media – A Healthy Combined Social Media following for assisting in Promotion of the DAO and its Goals.

Multisig Wallet Info

TBC

Information of Governors

1. Adam Spinos (Drspinosa) - Main Roles: DAO Treasurer, Budgeter and Event / Content Co-Ordinator.
  2. Miguel Jeria (Heaven) - Main Roles: Technical Content, Event Planning, Community Social Outreach (Social Media & Creative)
  3. Chris (Cheeky Crypto) – Main Roles: Social Content & Marketing (relocating?)
  4. Nick (Cheeky Crypto) - Main Roles: Social Content & Marketing
  5. Roshan Narain - Main Roles: Dev Outreach & Proposal Onboarding Assistant
  6. Dan Boyden (Wolf of All Streets) – Main Roles: Educational and Technical content co-ordinator
  7. Sarah from Gaia – Main Roles: Limited as will soon be relocating
  8. Michael Agua (Stakius Maximous) – NFT and Artistic direction
  9. Alison Hand (Alix) – Admin and “housekeeping” collect weekly time sheets arrange timely payments and keep a record o ONEs spent and basic bookkeeping of fiat payments (ONLY suggested - To be agreed)

Proposal Ask

To achieve longevity and sustainable growth The UK DAO is asking for a £250k (GBP) paid over 1 year every 3 months starting from January 2022

Q1 £80K (GBP)

Q2 £60K (GBP)

Q3 £60K (GBP)

Q4 £50K (GBP)

Metrics for success

1. Successful London Launch Event with Sponsored Partnership. Mailing List with 80%+ Uptake from event attendees. Grow social Media Presence to Over 500 Followers on Twitter and Equal Number on Telegram.
    grow the social media further from Q2 to 5000+ followers by the end of 2022

2. Run At least 3 Safety / Educational Workshops in Different Cities. Partner with Local Media or Educational Bodies for Event Collaboration and Exposure. Establish Website.

3. Run NFT Onboarding Events and assist in setting up 5-10 Validators on the network.

4. Establish Strategic collaborations and premierships, Tech and creative industries, Financial companies and local/ national government organisations and universities.

5. Form a Legal entity. NPO, CIC, Ltd, LLP etc - To be voted and established within 1 years from formation.

6. Recruit talent and support local hackathons in at least 3 UK cities

7. Offer at least one microgrant / hackathon for developing dApps, games tech bridging web2-web3 solutions

8. Offer support and feedback to the Harmony Core team to improve and develop the network.

9. Recruit talented people in the UK and internationally.

10. Repurpose unused or gained funds to support UK projects and much funding form either Harmony or UK institutions.

Links:

Telegram: Telegram: Contact @harmonyUKDAO
Twitter: @HarmonyUKDAO
Discord: Inside Harmony in the DAO section #:uk:uk-dao

12 Likes

hey @drspinosa ,

Thanks for a great proposal and intent to grow harmony presence on the Foggy Albion.

Meanwhile I consider the UK DAO as a type of numerous regional DAOs of Harmony. Do you mind reviewing our frame for that kind of DAOs, that might help you to adjust the proposal and get funded to start delivering mandates

4 Likes

Hi Nick
Thanks for the reply we will have a look. Just learning while doing this. :blush:
give me a few days to talk to the rest of the govs and read all the info.

1 Like

great, sounds like a plan

meanwhile have a. look to Our Update on Harmony DAOs, especially to the Process for starting and funding DAOs section. This will help you a lot to understand where to start.

if questions - address them here :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Hello Talk Harmony Admins

I don’t seem to be able to update the proposal anymore.
The Edit pen is not available anymore. is ther a reason or is there a problem?

Anyway I wanted to update and add the MultiSig wallet address: 0x322A8e46eDFC65f32680E59555Ec66C825c69Eb2

Hey Nick

I read all the latest updated DAO info that you send and more that are keep coming out.

Despite the UK DAO may be classed as regional we started from a different angle.

The idea was to do an event in London and then the conversation among us and the Harmony core team was why don’t we form a DAO and via the event(s) grow the community.

The Regional DAO guidelines are almost not applicable in UK.

There is a large and very active crypto / NFT community in the UK. The majority of that community (as from my research but welcome others to add) are enthusiasts, investors, business growth in the financial sector, artists/ creatives.

However (again from what I have gathered) Harmony is very small in the UK and participation to form a DAO is very low, so the idea is to go a little bit big, eg events NTF drops Business and education at Universities, artist collectives, loads of social media content etc.

The idea for the proposed strategy is to start with the “WOW” to bring momentum into force and then keep onboarding from what we have achieved and the connections we made.

I personally was a bit reluctant to be part of any DAO let alone setting up 2 that I am currently doing.

I have done this before. I have set up a DAO type organisation before DAO was even a word and bitcoin was just surfaced. I ran for 10ys that organisation in UK and learnt a lot. Without being negative I do not want to repeat the same mistakes.

From those experiences I presented in the group and community an event and business-like proposal.

I think we need to go forward with this sort of unconventional Regional DAO and constantly monitor live what we are doing and fine-tuning as we operate. Discuss, Plan, Act, Feedback and repeat.

We need to build the community in UK and onboard crypto and not crypto to Harmony, educate and then we will be running a DAO with elections and have loads of participation.

A more business-like approach at this stage I feel will be better and then we open once there is more participation from the community.

Maybe it might be the wrong way, open to conversation and anyone from the UK community welcome to come on board to help plan and strategize the DAO in a different way.

1 Like

As an initial discussion we have 3 major areas we think we can start off with:

1.Building community/ awareness - media, events, partnerships
2. Initiating new deals( outbound activities)- tokenisation and NFT projects - small/ bug
3. Supporting projects(inbound traffic): validate and support projects for artists and other creatives

Moreover, with more streamlined targets for instance
to reach a 10k-20k community by August 2022.
Build one partnership or NFT project with a billion dollar organisation and projects with 3-4 mid scale organisations
Support 10-15 community projects in 2022

Our discussion will start next week with a zoom meeting planed on the 15th of Feb for 1h. Anyone is welcome to join us. Once a time is agreed I will post a link here.

1 Like

hey @drspinosa,

thanks for giving the answer and inviting to the call - I’ll be there

btw, who did you invite on harmony behalf for the call?

all listed above (imho) closely correlates with the deliverables we set for a regional DAO

We recommend the following 5 initial deliverables for each regional DAO.

• $10k for translating open.harmony.one.
  • $10k for host 2 meetups for 50 people each
  • $10k for partnering with a regional hackathon of 100 developers.
  • $10k for sourcing 5 approved grantees from that language or region.
  • $10k for growing public community to 1,000 active members on Twitter.
  1. building a community
  • 1,000 active members on Twitter during first 3 months and grow it the next periods;
  1. Initiating new deals( outbound activities)- tokenisation and NFT projects
  2. Supporting projects(inbound traffic): validate and support projects for artists and other creatives
  • for me this sounds almost like to bring projects (new and already launched) to harmony ecosystem - 5 approved grantees from that language or region; and 5 is not a limit - we can go beyond that number.

but anyway, let’s have a call and find out the best feet to penetrate the UK community!

see you on zoom!

1 Like

Hi @nickv

This is the link to the zoom https://bit.ly/3Lvoptl it is 4:30 pm GMT 15th of Feb we only have 40mins. This is not an official meeting just a first chat to say “Hi” only I and 1-2 others will join.

You are welcome to join and anyone else. There is no agenda. We just say “Hi”

I don’t dispute what the UK DAO formation looks like, we just started differently. The first chat was with another member of the DAO on a tweet with @giv to do an event in London not to build a DAO.

Then DAO seemed a good idea and followed by a lot of conversations on Telegram. I think it will be a good idea to read the initial chats on Telegram.

From those conversations, this proposal came about.

The basic concept is to onboard as many people from crypto and non-crypto mainly over events NFT onboarding from the massive UK creative community and work through all the people joined stage by stage. There is more on this project and we are thinking of this as a project that can have an impact.

Anyway, all these are to be discussed and decide what is best for growing Harmony.

On another note and this is my experience and opinion only.

I got some points I want to discuss about the formation and structure of DAOs.

I can not find anywhere to have a constructive chat about this and am thinking of wringing a study about DAOs on Medium at some point.

I would like the community to comment on my thoughts as well.

I had set up and run a DAO type organisation for 10ys and lost a lot of my money and time. I also gave the opportunity to people to take ownership. All were very enthusiastic and on board… TBD…

So there is a reason I have suggested to the group how we should potently form and run the UK DAO (at least on operational and funding levels) that can work in UK. Then we add the Web3 NFT dApps hackathons defi etc etc

Open for a continuous dialogue in public spaces…

1 Like

added to my calendar

1 Like

Hello @drspinosa -

I have been watching your interactions with @nickv and I thought I would touch base to see where you are in your thinking about a UK Regional DAO.

Mind providing an update?
Thanks!
Sam

3 Likes

Hi @Sam

I sent quick DM update and if interested you are welcome to our meeting.

UK DAO -London
Wednesday 30 Mar · 19:00 – 20:00
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/waj-ybev-tdo
Or dial: +44 20 3956 8130 PIN: 321866362
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/waj-ybev-tdo?pin=6447679023331

Have a good Weekend

Adam

Hey guys, I see you’re doing some fantastic work!

Just wanted to know more about the DAO, got some questions…

• Description of your community

• Community deliverables with milestones for each quarter

• How do you expect to measure community growth in terms of following:

i) Sentiment (positive/negative)
ii) Membership growth
iii) Engagement stats

DAO type

Formation and tuning of UK Regional DAO

Proposal Overview

UK is and international multicultural country where creative industries and technology industries co-exist.

Harmony in UK has a competitive advantage to capture and build on a rich heritage of the UK’s creative leaders, including musicians, filmmakers, TV and theatre producers, authors, architects, games developers, fashion designers and publishers.

Renowned for their innovation and originality, UK creative pioneers and entrepreneurs pride themselves on working, in cross-disciplinary collaborative teams, providing business with the creative imagination that drives commercial success.

This is particularly true in London where there are world-class creative companies.

Tech City in East London is fast becoming a digital centre of Europe

Creativity and Technology go hand in hand. Creative companies and small fast-growing digital technology companies working together In UK bringing innovative solutions in the domestic and international markets

Furthermore, the gaming industries, innovative business and financial industries as well as green tech are among many more avenues where Harmony and its network can bring blockchain adoption and offer a lunch pad for web3 development and build bridges with the web2 world.

UK is ready to embrace new Technologies, reinventing itself by embracing new techniques and modes of business.
Harmony DAO UK can adopt this creative and innovative energy and offer education, network, adoption and new tools to existing as well as start-up companies and freelancers on a variety of disciplines to grow and build.

Depside this energy some UK areas such as Cornwall and Cumbria have been deprived of work and investment. Harmony UK DAO can work in these areas with local communities and also seek matched funding offering educational projects offering one type of solution by creating jobs, new freelance coders, creatives, inventors and entrepreneurs.

The UK DAO as it grows will create educational courses and modules for Universities.

London is an international hub and UK DAO will bring an international event in Europe attracting talent and instigate collaborations. This event will work as catalyst to establish the UK DAO. Also act as a reference to inspire local regional events in many other cities and attract investment.

The UK DAO will be an adaptive open organisation which can form a legal entity/ organisation (TBD) and have regional representation, all regions working collaboratively. As a dynamic and open organisation, the UK DAO will shapeshift and bring solutions to the UK creative industries education business financial sector and local regeneration.

1. 3 Mandates of Harmony UK DAO

Growth : Onboard and Inspire new community members through Practical and Theoretical Educational events. Enrolment into Harmony dApps and Ecosystem (NFT platforms, Validator Tutorial and Onboarding.). Potential for subscription format to free Harmony Newsletters.
Supporting existing dApps, attracting new projects and devs, integrating Harmony on popular apps

Engagement : Approach institutions / Educational Bodies to Promote Learning with Harmony as a Gateway. Demonstrate Ecosystem dApps and Ecosystem Growth potential and in Real Terms at events, guest speakers (Gaming / Defi tutorials – Developer Outreach). Demonstrate interoperability and bridging of Chains. NFT Artist representation for creatives. Sponsorship of events.
Social media growth and influence, collaborations media, b2b & traffic, education, scholars and events

Diversity : Utilise community initiatives to create and encourage active community participation across all platforms. Examples of this would be free Crypto safety workshops, free NFT experiences with Guest artists. Encourage collaboration.
Engagement in wider blockchain, tech, arts, creative, charity and financial communities, covering different geographic areas, attraction of more participants to a vibrant and flourishing ecosystem

1. What the UK DAO can do
  • Support - Be a centre point of Reference for UK Harmony In-person / Virtual Events and Networking for community growth and collaboration.
  • Safety – Promote and Educate Retail on Blockchain Safety / Promoting Benefits of HarmonyONE Wallet Features for the UK Demographic through Free Workshops and Events.
  • Developers – Assisting to Promote Harmony Blockchain Advantages and Simplify onboarding of New Developers and Harmony Ecosystem promotion for UK Devs, Through guidance and in-person events. Create Work-Experience-type Collaboration with Existing UK dApp Grants.
  • Publicise – Article Generation / dApp reviews / General Mixed Media to generate Interest / Excitement from Retail and Professional in UK Marketplace. Collaborate with Local Media and Universities to Spread Message to Key Demographics.
  • Planning – Plan and Execute Co-ordinated Harmony Events in Cities all Around the UK with Experienced Team Guidance. Work with Exchanges / Other Crypto Media to Assist in Covering Costs / Being self-sustaining.
  • AMAs – Knowledgeable and Credible presence within team for Q&As. Be a Trusted Update Reference Point for UK Harmony Users.
  • Promote – Community Representation for Diverse Community Needs through DAO In-Team representation for Creative Space. How-to Literature and NFT Marketplace Reviews and Special Featured Media / Interviews
  • Sponsor – Work with Exchanges / Other Media or Businesses to Cover Cost and Self Sustain.
  • Social Media – A Healthy Combined Social Media following for assisting in Promotion of the DAO and its Goals.

Multisig Wallet Info

0x322A8e46eDFC65f32680E59555Ec66C825c69Eb2

Information of Governors

1. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  2. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  3. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  4. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  5. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  6. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  7. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  8. TBD - Main Roles: TBD
  9. TBD - Main Roles: TBD

Proposal Ask

To achieve longevity and sustainable growth The UK DAO is asking for a £150K - £200K (GBP) paid on approved formation. For the first 3 months we propose a Harmony Core team to be a cosignatory safety & advisory role only.

The budget will be allocated per project, event or other activities required to operate the DAO that will be part of a strategic plan. At each step we will plan & design, execute and analyse the results make sure if mistakes happened to correct them and all successes to be amplified.

The initial team that sets up the UKDAO regardless if voted or not to be reimbursed for their time and work upon budget approval and paid.

Upon formation and bootstrap funding the DAO team is recommended to create a form of constitution and a strategic plan. The plan is proposed to be Agile and self-learning in nature always adopting new knowledge and advancements of DAO governance tooling, social and economic knowledge and WEB3 developments.

In this proposed plan each task will be approached as a project. This will help participants to focus on specific tasks and deliverables and priced fairly.

For example, a very simple Project:

Task: Deliver a presentation at a University
Aim: engage with and deliver a lecture for 25+ students and sign min 10 on a newsletter
2 Harmony Community members taking the task

Paid Time
Prepare the presentation Delivering the talk, budgeting the cost of the project
Costs excluding working time: Travel costs, stationary, possibly airdrop 1 $ONE to 10 people, coffee break.

Analyse the results and follow up, present the results to the Harmony community.

Any project small or large to be looked as an individual case and priced for its effectiveness and time required however to be priced fairly and with consideration to potential limitations

Eg for the above project the overall time required to be decided on the planning stage

Say 2 people over all 30h of work required

30 x $75 ph = $2250

At this point we decide what is a fair cost to deliver this project based of its deliverable impact and time required

We decide because of its simplicity a fair pay is $1700 paid for time + overheads

This way we can price each project individually.

Larger projects could be priced at higher per hour rates depending what expertise are required or the impact that will bring or they require initial investment.

All these to be discussed during the planning stage of each project.

The above agile per project approach and delivery of tasks and projects to be further discussed after the UK DAO formation

Metrics for success

Successful range of events from 25+ attendees with potentially some Sponsored Partnerships. Mailing List with 80%+ Uptake from event attendees. Grow social Media Presence to Over 500 Followers on Twitter and Equal Number on Telegram.
grow the social media further from Q2 to 5000+ followers by the end of 2022

Run At least 3 Safety / Educational Workshops in Different Cities. Partner with Local Media or Educational Bodies for Event Collaboration and Exposure. Establish Website.

Run NFT Onboarding Events and assist in setting up 5-10 Validators on the network.

Establish Strategic collaborations and premierships, Tech and creative industries, Financial companies and local/ national government organisations and universities.

Form a Legal entity. NPO, CIC, Ltd, LLP etc - To be voted and established within 1 years from formation.

Recruit talent and support local hackathons in at least 3 UK cities

Offer at least one microgrant / hackathon for developing dApps, games tech bridging web2-web3 solutions

Offer support and feedback to the Harmony Core team to improve and develop the network.

Recruit talented people in the UK and internationally.

Repurpose unused or gained funds to support UK projects and much funding form either Harmony or UK institutions.

Establish and maintain a Harmony Validator Node

Establish NFT Gallery for the DAO

Website and Discord

Achieve self-sustainability in 12 months from formation.

Links:

Telegram: Telegram: Contact @harmonyUKDAO
Twitter: @HarmonyUKDAO
Discord:

I believe we can initiate any project by using partialy the UKDAO funding and ask for more specifically for a project that helps Harmony and the DAO. I don’t see why not.

E.g. we spend 8K on feasibility study and Business plan for opening a Web3 HQ in London, price it up do the numbers make sure is profitable and go for funding.

Or spend some funding to design the concept of a 256-shard Harmony network get a university team together Under a PhD and ask for funding to do R&D

Or support a commercial project on Harmony, secure some bootstrap funding for that and have as DAO % stake of that business

Anything basically as long as it is feasible and can help promote Harmony Network and sustain the DAO

Thoughts and comments

UKDAO Elections - Candidacy For Initial Council and start up operations

Information how to participate as a candidate declare your interest and write how you can help and contribute to the Harmony UK DAO.

More info here

Hey, @drspinosa

Terribly sorry, but would you mind creating a new post with this proposal? Easy as copy and paste. Thanks so much. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hi @frwrdslosh
Not a problem just I understand this correctly new post with the proposal V2 + amendments + additional information+ elections candidacy?

Give me a few hours I’ll have it done.

I also am preparing a feedback email I will send it later today

All Done with some extra information.

Formation of UK Regional DAO 2022

1 Like