Introducing ChopChop.gg, a lightning quick DeFi game built on Harmony

Introducing ChopChop.gg

I’m excited to introduce ChopChop.gg, a fast paced DeFi game pitting you against other players. Buy one or many slots with $ONE. Once all slots are confirmed on the Harmony network a winner is drawn and paid immediately.

ChopChop.gg is played in realtime. After you send a transaction and it’s confirmed, the game UI refreshes immediately. This functionality creates a seamless and satisfying user experience.

I’ve also developed a custom chat for the game allowing you to commiserate with other players. I have hopes that this will create a sense of interactive community within the game.

Why this game?

I’ve developed a few iterations of this game over the past 10 years. I first built it using Bitcoin as the currency for slot purchases. Tracking the confirmations and maintaining user accounts proved to be too error prone. The security implications of holding all that BTC was also a nightmare. So, after a few working proof-of-concepts, I gave up on it. Then, I learned about DeFi.

Using smart contracts to hold the funds while playing the game made all the difference. It eliminates the need to trust me as a game vendor (assuming the contracts are all audited and solid of course). It also allows for me to be hands off with payouts and let the game handle everything in the contract code.

Adding in Harmony’s VRF into the mix solves another problem gambling vendors have. Providing a cryptographically secure and provably random/fair draw system is hard. Harmony’s VRF solves that. Though Chainlink provides VRF too, Harmony’s implementation is much simpler to use.

Why the Harmony network?

Harmony has much to offer a dApp creator in the game space. The game I’ve created relies on quick block confirmations for real-time gameplay. The low transaction fees allow for slot by slot purchases instead of bulk deposits and withdraws. This feature lets the user risk less while playing the game. I can also create each game on the fly, keeping the game data and functionality on chain instead of in my codebase.

A huge reason I’m using Harmony is the amazing community. The sheer number of apps built and users on those apps give me confidence that this network is here to stay. The conversations I see where users are helping each other is absolutely incredible.

ChopChop.gg - Enhancement Roadmap

:moneybag: Affiliate Program
:monkey_face: Enabling NFT Payouts
:framed_picture: Forging Partnerships with NFT creators for chopchop.gg events
:speech_balloon: Enhanced chat controls, link parsing, game links…etc
:game_die: Frequent Player Bonus Games
:chart_with_upwards_trend: Analytics Pages for Users and Admin
:chains: Enabling play with alternate chains/tokens
:exclamation: Notification Enhancements

I just wanted to spend a little time introducing my new game to you all. It’s currently in testnet while I’m working out bugs, so feel free to take a look around and say, “Hi” in the chat.

ChopChop-Icon

Here’s a couple of quick links:
ChopChop Testnet: https://testnet.chopchop.gg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/chopchopgame
Email: hello@chopchop.gg

Thank you all and I’m so glad to be a part of this community!

ChopChop-Icon