iPlay Studio: P2E mobile games ecosystem

Name of Project

iPlay Studio

Proposal overview

Our mission is to develop a user friendly ecosystem of mobile games base on blockchain technology for all gamers, crypto enthusiasts, investors, entrepreneurs and especially NFT fans. We develop a world where players get rewarded for hours spent gaming.

Our vision that games should be driven by Free-to-Play concept. We believe, that the players must invest a certain amount of money in playing the game is unreasonable and prevents many traditional players from playing NFT games. That’s why we decided to build a Free-to-Play model, and players don’t need any investment to play the game. However, free non-NFT heroes/ cars / characters offers less opportunities for earning tokens compared to the NFT one.

We build not just one game, we build a series of games, all developed in house by our team.
Our platform starts with racing games, other games in different genres will continue after the launch. The first game to be released is Midnight Racer. In this game, players will have the ability to engage in their favorite racing environment with Free Ride, PvE , PvP, Squad and Tournament modes being available. Midnight Racer is already in development and will be released on iOS in Q2 2022.

The link between mobile games and blockchain will be realized via user friendly web based dashboard. One dashboard for all games, sell/buy/rent your NFTs & tokens, stake/unstake, vote, retrieve airdrops and rewards all in one place.

Utility token of iPlay ecosystem will be IPS token. The purpose of IPS token is to serve as a single currency connecting multiple Midnight Works blockchain games.

Our go-to-market strategy is to launch fully working v1.0 of our first blockchain based game Midnight Racer. Game is build with the concept of tokenomics and NFTs in mind. Traditional gamers will be educated via gameplay how to onboard and use Web3 features in order to earn rewards and own in-game assets.

Team

Midnight Works is a leading game developer & publishing company with a team of 90+ skilled and dedicated professionals that work together to create exceptional games.

Working for over 5 years in the game, app development and marketing industry, our team of experts possess the combination of skills in project management, code development, UI/UX design, Game & App prototyping, strategy, marketing analytics and various other verticals.

We developed 200+ games, that have 50+ millions of accumulated players and 60+ millions of downloads in GooglePlay and AppStore.

Proposal ask

$50k

$10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet
$10K after forming a DAO with 5-out-of-9 multisig with our DAOs
$10K after launching on our mainnet with audit
$10K after 1K daily active users (with launch video, full PR promotion)
$10K after 10k daily active users (with a detailed roadmap, governance process)

Metrics for success

We plan to gather 10k daily active users in 1-2 months after game and marketing launch.

External links

https://www.iplay.studio

3 Likes

this looks like a powerful proposition. Harmony needs a racing game!
(FYI - The discord link on the website doesn’t work)

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal, it has been assigned to @papi, who will review and respond shortly :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hey team - this looks great and I love that you’re an established studio. A few questions:

1- is this the first on-chain implementation your studio will be doing?
2- which game will be first you’ll integrate Harmony?
3- which interactions will be on-chain vs off-chain?
4- What’s the pipeline of games you are planning on integrating with Harmony?
5- tell us more about the in-game economics - your native in-game token working with ONE

Thanks team. Glad to be considering ya’ll.

Hi @papi!

1. Yes, this is our first crypto-project.

2. Our first game is Midnight Racer. It is a mobile 3D game. To better understand what kind of the game it will be, you can check this one: ‎Hashiriya Drifter Car Racing on the App Store. It is also a game developed by our studio. It will be similar to this one, but better :)) With updated graphics and game-play.

3. The link between mobile games and blockchain will be realized via user friendly web based dashboard. On-chain will be: Mint/Buy/Sell/Rent NFTs, TopUp/withdraw of tokens, Staking, Farming, Governance, ON CHAIN “PROVABLY FAIR” LUCKY SPIN.
    off-chain: Actual gameplay in mobile app. Player will need to do all necessary crypto-related operations in browser via web3 and after he can enjoy gameplay in mobile.

4. Second game which we plan to do is Wangan Racing. The main feature in it is that you can build your car from different NFT parts. All our game are free-to-start, so it is available not only for crypto community, but for mass market also. We think it is important to focus not only on existent crypto players, but also to attract traditional players into NFT & crypto world.

5. Our game is free-to-start, this mean that you can start the game right away, without purchasing any NFT or tokens. But in order to get full game experience, to unlock all available upgrades, play-to-earn features and to get most performant cars, player will need to purchase a NFT car via our web3 dashboard, using our IPS token. We, as developers will sell only stock cars, without upgrades. Player will need to upgrade his car playing the game. Each car will have a rarity meter. Cars with most unique upgrades have better rarity coefficient. Car and Driver are fully customizable, you can check this dev videos for better understanding of upgrade mechanics:

Dev Videos - Google Drive

Each car, after upgrades, will be unique. Player will be able to export his upgrades into NFT he owns. We, as developers, will mint new stock cars only in small batches, taking in consideration total daily players. We want to be sure that high demand for players upgraded cars to be persistent on secondary NFT market. At some point, we can stop minting new NFT cars at all and only car NFTs owned by players will remain in the market, further increasing their price. 80% of the game will be base on multiplayer, there each will need to compete with others, betting IPS tokens on each race.

Here is our IPS token (main ecosystem token) token flow diagram to better understand in-game economics.

3 Likes

Hey team - I’m at an offsite this week so, wanted to give you a quick update so you know I’m not ghosting you. I’ll be sure to review next week when i’m back.

Hey team - I brought in some help - @Mattyontap has been assigned and will help evaluate. One thing to consider right away is to review your milestones. We are moving away from the standard ones and are interested in tailored milestones focused on the key steps to get your game on mainnet. For example, creating a multisig is not a milestone - it’s not really an accomplishment.

So please think and propose some good meaningful milestones focused on mainnet launch.

Matt will take it from here.

OK, we soon expect to have game release, so will get back to you as we are ready with game release in mainnet.

1 Like

Welcome, @iPlay - great to meet you and excited about your studio. You can tag me here in the forum with your new proposed milestones once you are ready.

Matty

Hey @iPlay, thank you for sharing your proposal with us. I want to provide you with an update on our grants program. The text below is a copy/paste, but I am sending it with the same TLC that I would send any personalized message with. I care about your game and simply want to see you succeed.

As you may be aware, all funding for grants and investments are on hold. I would like to invite you to join our discussion here so that you can be fully informed and stay in the loop as things unfold.

That said, I want to encourage you to continue building. Our goal is clear: to make Harmony the leader in gaming and to make it as easy as possible for you to build, launch, and find success with your game. Most importantly, we care about the relationship we can build together. Please reach out to me on Telegram so we can make this happen. As you build, you still have access to our team for technical support. As you launch on mainnet and gain user traction, there are many ways a partnership with Harmony can lead to great things - even without funding.

Today, we released this video to highlight the many features that makes Harmony a great place for web3 gaming:

Thank you for considering Harmony as the home for your game launch. I look forward to cheering you on and am here to assist you in any way I can.

Matty