5x5 Gaming - Building Mid/Core games with Play to Earn NFT's

Name of Project

5x5 Gaming

Application type

Grant

Proposal overview

5x5 Gaming is building cross-platform gaming experiences for all gamers who are looking to compete, collect, socialize and play-to-earn. Our mission is to evolve gaming using the latest NFT technology to build trust, safety, and true digital asset ownership to unlock the best gaming and collectibles experience.

We are currently working on our 1st unannounced title which will have play to earn loops that gives out in game characters and other assets that users will be able to tokenize and we would like to use Harmony tech stack.

Funds we are asking will allow us to hire additional engineers so that we can start our Harmony integration as well as speeding up our game development.

Our moment-to-moment game play is Auto-Chess and takes place during medieval times. We are currently at a playable demo stage and working on our vertical slice to take the game to close beta.

Here are some game play screens and sample of our NFT Cards and Game Characters

Myself and team

I have been in gaming and digital collectibles space for close to 14 years. I started my career working in a F2P MMO publisher back in 2008 and worked in companies like;

Gamersfirst - Producer-Runes Of Magic (MMORPG) - PC F2P Games Publisher
Gazillion - Senior product analyst (Engagement and Monetization) PC games developer
Idle Games - VP of Monetization and Growth - Mobile and FB Games Developer
Zynga - Senior Monetization and Growth PM
Machine Zone - Marketing and UA Manager
Fun+ - Studio Lead
Topps Digital - General Manager - Digital Collectibles
Epics digital collectibles - COO - Digital Collectibles

Rest of our team has experience building games in companies such as Ubisoft, Gameloft, Zynga, EA.

Proposal ask

$150K

Use of Proceeds

Harmony Integration
NFT User Flow implementation

Moving up our closed beta launch date by 5 months
These funds will allow us to hire more engineers and artists to help us have enough bandwidth to work on Harmony integration, speed up rest of the project and go closed beta in 6 months instead of 10 months.

Metrics for success

Implementation of Harmony for our in-game play to earn NFT items user flow.
Closed beta launch of our game

Post Global Launch Engagement Metrics

40%+ D1 Retention
25%+ D7 Retention
12%+ D30 Retention

3+ avg daily unique sessions per active user
15 minutes+ avg daily sessions per active user

Board of Advisors

Gabby Dizon - Co-Founder of Yield Guild
Sebastien Borget - Co-Founder of Sandbox
Ed Lu - Ex Machine Zone and current Fandom CFO
Michael Vorhaus - Media and Gaming Executive
Richard Gatchalian - Early Zoom Employee

12 Likes

Community Poll

• Yes
  • No
  • Need More Info

0 voters

NOTE: If you chose Need More Info please Reply with your ask below

1 Like

I don’t doubt the credibility of the board of advisors, especially Gabby Dizon but there’s no data on actual people involved in the project and their experience with past games. Also there are already a lot of autochess games, what makes this game different from the rest of the genre?

1 Like

In March 2021, six of the Apple App Store’s top ten mobile games in the U.S. came from Turkish studios. I have checked Mr. Deniz’s background on Linkedin account and it seems that he had been working in Zynga, Machine Games etc. and he has solid connection among the Turkish game developers. I believe he will be succeeded.

I hope the project is granted fund from Harmony.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the comment. Happy to give more info on myself and team members experiences in general.

I have been in gaming and digital collectibles space for close to 14 years. I started my career working in a F2P MMO publisher back in 2008 and worked in companies like;

Gamersfirst - Producer-Runes Of Magic (MMORPG) - PC F2P Games Publisher
Gazillion - Senior product analyst (Engagement and Monetization) PC games developer
Idle Games - VP of Monetization and Growth - Mobile and FB Games Developer
Zynga - Senior Monetization and Growth PM
Machine Zone - Marketing and UA Manager
Fun+ - Studio Lead
Topps Digital - General Manager - Digital Collectibles
Epics digital collectibles - COO - Digital Collectibles

Rest of our team has experience building games in companies such as Ubisoft, Gameloft, Zynga, EA.

question of “what makes our game different” : we believe current “autochess” experiences in the market lack long tail retention/engagement and limit themselves with mainly skins and season pass as monetization options. With our game - We are building a meta game and meta game related systems that will address those issues.

Thanks again for your comment and interest in our project.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the support “my1” :pray: :pray:

Thats really good to hear. I’m a fan of autochess and you’re right about retention issues. The illustration and UI look lovely. Im convinced with your proposal and I hope you get the approval. Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you very much!:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

hi @Deniz amazing screenshots, impressive gaming background. Thank for sharing here and great to be able to have a conversation with you. Definitely worth the community’s attention to see how we can port your team’s Web2 game development experiences to Web3.

Follow-up questions:

• Do you mind describing how the current team was formed and funded, and the studio team’s size?
  • How active are your board of advisors? (amazing group of advisors!)
  • How long has your team been building the game for? (seem to have gone pretty far)
  • What’s the benefit of tokenizing on a blockchain? (there must be more depth here)
  • Is there anything else you can share with the community about what’s beyond auto-chess? (roadmap)

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @Jacksteroo thank you very much!

Do you mind describing how the current team was formed and funded, and the studio team’s size?

Company was founded 13 months ago and it includes people I worked with previously. First 5 months the team was very small (3 people) and It was funded by my personal savings. After that we received some angel funding and gradually expanded the team to 9 people.

How active are your board of advisors? (amazing group of advisors!)

Thank you very much! Yes, they are all amazing! Most of my advisors are also investors in the company so they are all interested and a phone call away any given time. That being said, some have been and will be more active then the others based on stage of our product and our company I.E: Fundraising, Prototype, first vertical slice, alpha, closed beta, geo beta, global launch and beyond.

How long has your team been building the game for? (seem to have gone pretty far)

We have been building it for about 8 months.

What’s the benefit of tokenizing on a blockchain? (there must be more depth here)

We have a background in digital collectibles as well as gaming and truly believe in what blockchain technology brings to both these verticals in terms of enhancing the types of games we can build, digital asset ownership, transparency, asset transactions safety and trust,etc.

Is there anything else you can share with the community about what’s beyond auto-chess?

We have been building games more than a decade and LOVE what we do! You can expect us to build many more games with play to earn flows after this one.

1 Like

Hi Deniz,

Interesting project and theme! I am a big fan of the autochess genre, as I’ve played Chess Rush and TFT at a fairly high level.

I would like to know more about the current plans for NFT implementation in the game (are the NFTs going to be the units in game themselves? If so, would that mean there’s a big “paywall” for players to be competitive in terms of fielding units that are top-tier? (This would be different from current autochess games, where I would envision the NFTs are more for things like character avatars and pets, etc).

I’d also like to know more about the game’s Play To Earn aspirations, if any. Could you detail what the goal would be with regard to P2E features, and also your plan for sustainability in that regard?

Thanks!

1 Like

What will make this game competitive against similar games such as, “Gods Unchained” on ImmutableX and “Berserk” on Vulcan Forged? I can see the novelty of it being the first of it’s kind on Harmony, but what else?

1 Like

@Deniz Approved for $50K Launch + $100K Investment. Congratulations!

We look forward to a feature completion on Testnet to include a user interface, connection to a wallet (Metamask, Harmony ONE Chrome Extension, etc.), and can be tested end-to-end by at least 100 users

Applications of each launch must have prototyped a feature-full product. Harmony helps incubate these founding teams with product development, fundraising, and talent recruit. We recommend a $50K equity-free contribution each: $10K after launching a feature-complete product on our testnet, $10K after mainnet launch, $10K after forming a DAO with its community, and $20K for after 10K users

4 Likes

look, great game. let’s go !

1 Like

Congrats on the funding approval! Looking forward to seeing this roll out on Harmony!

1 Like

Thank you very.much Jack. We really appreciate it​:pray::fire::pray:

Thank you very much Candor​:+1::pray:

Hello Deniz, great proposal!!

Just a question, how are you planning to mint the NFTs? will be inside the platform?
My proposal is to use the daVinci SDK to mint the NFTs inside your platform, that way the NFTs will automatically be shown also in daVinci Marketplace. GitHub - harmony-one/davinci-sdk: DaVinci SDK

Let me know what you think? we can help you with sdk implementation inside your platform.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @BRUNO thank you very much. I will reach out directly to discuss.

2 Likes

Hey, is there a twitter/discord or any other social media account to follow your progress?

1 Like