Korii DAO - Accelerating the NFT Renaissance

Another useless woke DAO :expressionless:
I can almost guarantee that no one would buy your nft collections, just look at other DAOs’ nft collections for example, none of them did well and barely had any buy. @sunny4earth had to buy her own nft just to reach the metrics.
Selling nft collections is not the way to generate profit, I though we knew since the failure of Vegan African Dao? So personally I don’t like this proposal and I would like this be rejected as it brings no value to the chain and the ecosystem.
Just my two cents

1 Like

@A_TI We appreciate the feedback but struggle to see the productive value in your comment. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you would like to see in this proposal that we are missing? One way we are ensuring success is by partnering with established brands who have their own communities, often reaching 10k or more depending on the project. We are also partnering with other DAOs who have launched successful NFT collections to ensure we are building sufficient community numbers and implementing marketing strategies to achieve maximum success. From our research, our target audiences appreciate real-world value which, by our mission statement and values, all of our NFT collections will have. These are some of the strategies we are employing to ensure success instead of buying our own NFTs like you are suggesting. Again, I look forward to hearing more on your suggestions.

1 Like

do you have proof for this?

and this?
Literally no DAOs’ nft collections have ever succeed on Harmony prove me wrong

2 Likes

The proposal seems very overly wordy with a lot of repeating points, but I’ll try to summarize the main function I understood you guys are aiming to serve-
You guys are positioning yourself as a DAO that can assist independent creators by helping them with marketing and finding clients. These clients (which can include other DAOs) also get consultancy services to help them with the creative side of things (creating NFTs, storylines around them, etc.).

Some points I’d like to raise-

Firstly, the Budget overview link (in the proposal) seems to have expired so could you provide an updated one? Is the link posted by Phil the latest one?

What does this exactly mean? Motivational speeches for the creators? The “Open-Window” thing imo can be considered a form of education in some sense but is there something else? Because this is very vague.

What is the onboarding process? If there is an application involved who will be judging it? While having a lean process is important for scalability, factors like onboarding guidelines, manpower needed, etc. are just as important.

These metrics seem pretty weak considering the volume of NFT sales you are hoping to generate.

Just my personal opinion based on how these DAO NFT sales have gone historically- I very strongly doubt you will be hitting these sales metrics.

I think the budget overview link would certainly help with understanding this because I’m scratching my head thinking what exactly would require this much money. I sure hope it’s not mostly conference participation fees.

If the updated link by Phil is the one you’re following ($ 74.8k) then I have some follow up questions because the budget breakdown there seems very vague.

2 Likes

The proposal was meant to reiterate a consistent theme of our vision and purpose, I apologize if it was overly wordy. I’ll keep this in mind for future communications.

Yes, you have it spot on as far as our positioning and who we work with.

Thanks for letting us know, I reactivated the original budget link however, Phil’s link is the latest one detailing how we will use the roughly 75k that we are requesting. We’ve updated the asking amount to 75k because we’ve determined that is required for the bootstrapping period of 3 months, after which we should have revenue and be more self-sustaining.

This is in response to feedback we’ve received from artists who have been disappointed with previous creative agency relationships, where the agencies operated in a ‘black box’ without informing the artists on their process or helping the artist learn more about marketing and community building principles. We aim to educate creators on these process and provide more inclusion on how we execute.

This is a good question, currently our onboarding process is open to artists we meet and appreciate our vision. To make this process more mature, we are developing a guide that will inform a more formal application for future creators who are interested in working with us.

This may be strongly conservative, but we are definitely hoping to overdeliver.

We have some key partnerships to help us build community and market including marketing assistance from the team behind the launch of successful projects like Polygon Punks - 10k piece collection that sold out in a few days. We also have assistance from community managers from HER DAO, Bankless DAO and Violet Summer DAO.

I’m happy to hear your questions and see how we can improve our breakdown and transparency. Thanks!

Hi, yes for two of our active projects we have the following established relationships:

The Female Docs NFT collection - We are partnering with Dr. Rozy whose brand The Female Doc has garnered over 1M website visits and 50K following on Instagram.

For the artwork we have Ana NFT who has over 8K following on Twitter and sold out all of her NFT collections that she has launched so far.

Ghostin NFT collection - For this dating and relationships project we’ve partnered with dating coach and expert Alexis Germany to provide utility for NFT holders. She brings a following of over 70K across TikTok and Instagram. Our Korean-based artist Hanul was just recently featured in an exhibition in Lotte World, Seoul South Korea and is launching her first NFT collection with korii.

DAOs we currently have a relationship with include HER DAO, Violet Summer DAO and Bankless DAO. Future relationships may not be exclusive to Harmony, but DAOs who we connect with and have a strong following.

What’s the utility?

Any link to Hanul? I was trying to find the artist, no luck

Holders of the Ghostin NFT collection will receive token-gated access to 1-on-1 sessions with Alexis Germany who can provide personal coaching and relationship advice.

Hanul is working on her social media presence and will launch her website alongside the launch of this project, so stay tuned!

Hello @koriiDAO and Korii DAO friends. Thank you @van and others for taking the time to answer the questions above with composure.

I would like to remind all readers that we are all humans behind the screen. . .well, some of us goblins. :laughing:

Thank you community members for getting involved, as well.

I would like to deliver a brief update from Harmony.

All approvals and proposals for DAO Bootstrap Funding is still paused. This is a temporary measure. Please do not let this dissuade you and your team from building.

note: this comment is not an approval of this proposal

1 Like

Thanks for the transparent communication! Some small follow-up questions.

Checked the new Budget (“Budget V2” Tab from the “korii DAO Budget 2022.xlsx” file) from the link in the post. This budget adds up to ~ $49k and is mostly salaries of contributing members. The link by Phil points to a different budget breakdown which adds up to ~$75k.

I think I’m maybe misunderstanding something here so would be grateful if you could explain what exactly I’m looking at here.

I think this is arguably the most important issue on the plate. This wouldn’t really be an open, welcoming platform for artists if the onboarding was gated to select individuals without a common, transparent process. I think that’s what you guys might be working towards and I hope this gets the priority it deserves once you guys get things going.

Hello, @koriiDAO

The Harmony DAO Ops team has decided to decline this proposal.

We have found over the past year of DAO operations that the organizations that don’t start with a large, dedicated community and a goal to fund themselves tend to have very low success rates. They tend to have a hard time recruiting additional community support and tend to bring limited value to the overall Harmony ecosystem.

The bar to receive a DAO bootstrap grant is now higher than it has been historically. In order to receive a bootstrap grant going forward, DAOs will need to evidence a high level of transparent reporting, robust community involvement and a business plan that reflects a commitment to self-funding. Further guidelines are being finalized and should be released in the comming week.

I apologize that this process has been lengthy and drawn-out and I appreciate yours and the DAO’s patience. Harmony and the DAO Ops team wanted to exhaust every option before responding with a declination.

Do not let this dissuade you or your DAOs passion to build on Harmony. Harmony is integrating new tools to help build a robust DAO ecosystem. I’m looking forward to your success.

This thread will be closed.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.